Author Topic: JediMerc's Customs: Harn Vandeth - EpVII Custom Contest Entry (upd 3/24/13)  (Read 37876 times)

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
You nailed the look of a modern Jedi... He looks like he can take on starkiller without any issues. Nicely done, an 1 of the best entry in the contest.

Offline STJuggernaut

• Ensign
wow Harn Vandeth came out beautifully... fantastic use of parts, love that energy kitana you gave him, what a fantastic idea for a weapon and character!

what head is that you used if you dont mind me asking? cant put my finger on it. looks great!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
This Jedi is like a blend of the OT and Ralph McQuarrie's conceptual art. I think that combination would please a lot of people. This is a very nice piece.

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
The part combo and sculpting are just great -  I really like this Jedi.  I'm also a fan of the accessory that you went with - I could actually see Hasbro doing something similar.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
This Jedi is like a blend of the OT and Ralph McQuarrie's conceptual art. I think that combination would please a lot of people. This is a very nice piece.

Thanks, DS.   I'm hoping we get somethng "new" in terms of the Jedi appearance from Abrams and the concept crew; no boring tan robes!  By the way, good to see you back here on the boards!

The part combo and sculpting are just great -  I really like this Jedi.  I'm also a fan of the accessory that you went with - I could actually see Hasbro doing something similar.

Thanks for the comments!  The parts really came together pretty easily for this one and the chest harness was my first stab at sculpting anything (so I wanted to keep it uber-simple).  I certainly want to see lightsabers in the new sequel, but just don't want them to over-do it (a la the PT, at least in my opinion).

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: JediMerc's Customs: Harn Vandeth - EpVII Custom Contest Entry (upd 3/24/13)
« Reply #365 on: September 24, 2013, 06:22:38 AM »
Was finally able to finish up my entry for the ISY-Yakface EpVII character contest!  I previously posted this guy as a WIP, but he's all painted up and complete now.

FYI: I went with a weapon other than a lightsaber just because I think it would be more realistic that not every jedi in the upcoming ST would have one (i.e. maybe the Empire had confiscated Ilum's supplies, destroyed all natural crystals...or something like that  ;)).

Anyway, here's Harn Vandeth, Jedi Master (NJO):

Interesting that in the "Dawn of the Jedi" from Dark Horse Comics, Jedi in their infancy are using swords.  I may use this idea for some new Jedi.  thanks for the inspiration.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #366 on: September 24, 2013, 08:47:08 AM »
really loving the jedi love the detail

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2013, 05:08:04 AM »
really loving the jedi love the detail

Thanks for the comments! 

Gosh, it's been a LONG time since I've been able to hit the bench and get some customs photographed...I've got a new Starkiller and Cade Skywalker that've been finished for ages, but school and the kids' sports schedules are keeping me from having enough time to create or post anything new lately.  One of these days... ::)

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!