Author Topic: AT-TE baby!  (Read 8496 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: AT-TE baby!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »
Finallly got my batteries in. The sound effects and light up laser cannon effects were pretty cool. The legs are still prone to come off at will. I may see if I can thicken up the pop in modules with super glue to prevent pop-out.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 12:49:54 PM »
good news for the leg problem. Thanks to Sir Steves Guide for the info from the latest hasbro q and a:

SSG: While the AT-TE is an amazing toy, an issue has arisen that with the leg joints popping back out rather than supporting the weight of this massive vehicle. Inflicting battle damage can be fun for play, but only when it's intentional. Many fans report even slight pressure applied to the top of the vehicle - say, perhaps, like pressing a button to reveal the rear deck or set off sound effects - causes either hip or knee joints to pop out of their sockets. Are you aware of this issue? Is this intentional to avoid breakage, and if so, isn't it a little more aggressive at this task than need be? Will this be addressed in later releases or perhaps mail-away adapters or something?
Hasbro: Glad you wrote us, and help spread the word. We have confirmed that some of the AT-TE's do have middle legs that breakaway more easily than intended (breakaway legs are a deliberate design feature of the vehicle). We have addressed this and we offer replacement middle legs through our Hasbro Customer Service Dept that should solve the issue. Consumer Affairs can be reached through our web site at hasbro.com. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Our objective is to make sure that consumers are 100% satisfied with their AT-TE, so anyone who is having an issue, please contact us.

Breakaway legs a deliberate design? Yeah right!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:51:41 PM by Tamer »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 12:06:44 PM »
I didn't notice that mentioned in the insturctions.

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 08:46:08 PM »
It wasn't but safety requirements these days stipulate that a toy must respond to a drop test in a specific way. A toy should pop apart rather than crack or shatter when falling from the average carrying height of a child.
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 07:37:51 AM »
That makes good sense, really.  At least Hasbro has addressed the problem and is replacing the legs. 

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »
Ya I emailed them about it coz my legs r messed up but they said they wont be available til next month  >:(
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline jatfly

• Cadet
  • "Darth Raider"
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 11:46:31 AM »
Ya I emailed them about it coz my legs r messed up but they said they wont be available til next month  >:(

Yeah I am not happy with them at all, when I called they told me I had to send the whole thing back and it would take 4-6 weeks to replace it...So they shipped me the paper work and I found the youtube fix for it using small rubber PVC and fixed it myself.
I also had a complaint about the MF legs, they don't stay on for something I paid that much for.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 11:59:05 AM »
Welcome Jatfly!  I think you're the first person I had heard of that was told to send in their whole AT-TE!  What a waste of resources that would be!  No wonder they charge so much for their products!

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 12:13:19 PM »
Cool avatar jatfly, welcome to the Yards. By any chance could you post us the link of that youtube fix of the at-te legs?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 01:37:41 PM »
Welcome Jatfly. Yeah I agree with you on the BMF legs falling off. I kind of wish that they were retractable in some way. I would like to see the video of that ATTE fix also but I have an idea how they did it.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 04:34:39 AM »
I am interested to see what you came up with Clint.

Offline jatfly

• Cadet
  • "Darth Raider"
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 12:23:28 PM »
Welcome Jatfly. Yeah I agree with you on the BMF legs falling off. I kind of wish that they were retractable in some way. I would like to see the video of that ATTE fix also but I have an idea how they did it.
it worked well and my little dude and I (of course) have had some major battles with it since and have't had any issues....no any of you have a easy fix for the legs on the MF?

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 05:27:35 PM »
Thanks for the link, that will come in handy for those AT-TE battles!

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »
I liked those pics. Clint of your AT-TE!!   I got the new battle pack Battle on Chirstopis with the matching at-ap so had to throw them together for a quick shot!! ;D
"Magnificent Aren't They"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 03:53:21 PM »
Hey, I like that shot, John! That battle pack atap does match pretty well. They look good together.