Author Topic: AT-TE baby!  (Read 8497 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
AT-TE baby!
« on: June 06, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »
I want to see as much info for the new ATTE here as possible and be sure to include some pics! :o

Man, Rebelscum has a nice image gallery

Our friends at Mousedroid.com have given us some more images of the new AT-TE. Hasbro is gonna make a killing on this vehicle. I was hoping we would get to see the picture of the exclusive fig that is coming with it, but no luck yet.

Hasbro has released the official info on the atte. Ships looks good. Kinda bummed they are only giving us a regular aotc clonetrooper as the exclusive fig.

Hasbro ATTE Release

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: AT-TE baby!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 12:00:33 PM »
This vehicle is sweet too. If this had not been released alongside the BMF I would probably be more gung ho, but it is sure nice.  I would have hoped for perhaps an exclusive clone driver or gunner for this bad boy, but I know I will buy another if clearance gets hold em, which I seriously doubt.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 05:50:33 PM »
Like the BMF, I believe we'll be way more likely to see these in a different packaging before we see them on clearance!  This is another one that can't get to my collection soon enough!  I've been saving clones just for this bad boy!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 06:44:48 PM »
All I got to say is is huge, Tamer when are going to let us know if it as big as the box or is there just alot of packing arounf it?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »
yeah Tamer, we gots to know?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »
I am surrounded by loose collectors! The madness, its a wonder I am still sane! I am sane aren't I? O0

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 08:09:50 PM »
lol, seems like the majority seems to think it should be opened and set free!

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 10:43:34 PM »
I cracked mine open. It's pretty big. In non metric it's about 2-3 inches longer than a gunship. It's about twice as wide as the fuselage of the gunship and it's about a foot and a half high from the bottom of it's feet to the top of the cannon. So it's about as long as it's box and  the main body is about as high as the box is thick. there is a bit of packing material in there but it is made of cardboard pulp like fast ffo drink trays. The rest of the room is used to hold the legs and figure in place.

Anyone besides me open one yet? 
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 04:36:43 PM »
I opened mine today. I havent gotten the batteries yet so I have yet to hear it's sound effects. I was pleased to see that the 4 chin guns and the 2 aft guns use the same missile as the chin guns on the gunship. I wish that the legs snapped into their receiving holes a little tighter. A couple of times now, just during assembly, one of the middle legs and one of the end legs just slipped off. I would rather have to force them to come off. This would be fun to try to stop-action animate walking around. I will have to take a shot of this bad boy with some clones for the army builder pic thread.

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 12:45:03 AM »
Yeah, the leg attachment is a little iffy. I find if I press the rear ramp deploy button too hard, the fore and aft legs slip by a notch or two and the middle legs will just pop off. I find it kinda funny that the heavier legs in the design can't support the weight of the vehicle. Oh well, still pretty frakkin' cool!
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 08:15:50 AM »
might be a good ship for you guys to take pics of and review. We do want to have some type of image gallery with reviews someday. This would be a great ships to start such a section.  I might just take the pics you guys post and make something like. I can provide the boxed shots! >:D

I will probably get another here in a month or so after I see how I am gonna keep up with the new waves and new comic packs. I have a little deal going with Chad that should populate it if I can ever get my bank account back up!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 01:55:57 PM »
Here are some opening shots of the ATTE baby! As Obi-Sean reported, you see the cardboard packing materiel which seams strudy enough to protect. all individual legs and the laser cannon plus all of the missles are individualy wrapped in plastic.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 02:00:03 PM »
Here isa shot of the somewhat limited instruction sheet and the smaller than BMF 9 piece decal sheet. The BMF sheet has a whopping 29 decals. All interior like this one.  And also, there is a shot of the included clone on the extended back ramp.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 02:05:31 PM »
Another shot of the clone on the ramp. and then, an overhead shot of the beast. I still havent tried the electronic sounds and light up big gun targeting display yet. All in all, a great new SW toy. It's too bad that the legs don't like to stay in their sockets. I think they could have made them permanently mounted without making the box too much bigger.
  I will post more pics of this in the army builder thread after I round up and open some clones.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 04:44:07 PM »
Sweet Pics Clint.