Imperial Creative Engineering > Graphic Fiction

MOAWP S1/E7: "The Fantastic Fall of the Galactic Empire" Part 3

(1/1)

Darth Depressis:

Victory II class Star Destroyer-Ravager XIII-orbit of Aquilae-4 years after the Battle of Yavin IV 

Within the late captains lounge, Commander Vont throws a veritable tantrum and smashes a chair against the desk. The insectoid Gaff stands at attention awaiting an end to the chaos. Suddenly a hologram flares to life within the lounge. Vont is caught off guard and fires off a round at it.

Sate Pestage: (via hologram) of course the absence of a fleet guarding what was once the gall conclave is your fault vont.

Dilbun Vont: dats commander vont yea seat warmer.

Sate Pestage: (via hologram) nevertheless, if you intend to keep that fleet you’ve absconded from more capable hands then I believe you are more than fit to carry out a task for the empire. Are you not?

Dilbun Vont: I’m listenin.

Sate Pestage: (via hologram) as the former commander of the garrison on Gall; all material passed through said port was under your express jurisdiction? Yes.

Dilbun Vont: (smashing rubble) reading manifests can git real dull.

Sate Pestage: (via hologram) then you are well aware that the computer core of the recently demolished death star battle station went through gall a little over three standard rotations ago.  During said layover a certain droid downloaded itself into the computer core. Before the rebels managed to ignite the stations main reactor, this droid consciousness was on the brink of seizing complete control of the death star.

Gaff: very elaborate grand vizor,  smacks of Isard’s intervention in the wording. Maybe even the set up.

Sate Pestage: (via hologram) I can assure you that a droid called IG-88A managed to carry out this act and is currently reaching consciousness once more within a similar computer core.

Dilbun Vont: another death star? What a two fur the price ovv one deal?

Sate Pestage: (via hologram) in a matter of speaking yes. Now the empire needs you to make contact with a past relation of yours in what will hopefully be the successful destruction of said battle station.

Dilbun Vont: droid revolution might be just what ol kligson always wanted Sate, might be best to just send your kriffin fleet after dis ding.

Sate Pestage: (via hologram) the station is located on the outskirts of the Annaj system in the Moddell sector. We believe the imperial network is greatly compromised at this time vont, a redeployment of that size could alert the rebels; Destroy the station and perhaps your rag tag fleet will be of no concern to the war effort. Do we have an accord?

Dilbun Vont: sure, just no more favors afta dis otay?

Sate Pestage: (via hologram) good luck. 

The already temperamental commander blasts the holoreceiving pad on the late captains desk to pieces. And begins a brisk jaunt from the lounge.

Gaff: (rushing to keep up) may I assume you wish all holo-receivers aboard the fleet dismantled and locked down?

Dilbun Vont: you bet, we don’t need anybody leakin our location. We gotsa to get a lead on the current location of kligson’s moon or karkin droid world whateva he’s callin his rusted out platform deeze daze.

Gaff: what about your bothan spies, are we to just give up on them?

Dilbun Vont: once we gots that kriffin station, I’m gonna toast the whole fur bag system. Not concerned bout those two anymore.

Gaff: you believe Kligson can rid the station of the Ig’s prescience?

Dilbun Vont: he’s the maestro of slicing computers there gaff, were bout to be become galactic warlords. You feel it.

Gaff: I have a bad feeling bout this.

Cockpit-Outrider-4 years after the Battle of Yavin IV

Tani Ab’yla: everybody on the foot copy that?

Jaxxon: (via comlink) yea, thinking this should cost the alliance a pretty penny if we can limp our way to them in time to use it.

Dash Rendar: we ain’t sellin this out there lepi! We six have gotta deal with this one. skywalker would expect that or his kriffin force would make him think that.

Amaiza Foxtrain: (via comlink) this isn’t our fight rendar, neither is it yours. Were already being under paid for the poodoo we’ve bein through as it is.

Rianna Saren: you think a nutcase like vont should have his hands on a death star battle station! This ones for the good of all living beings you fluzie. No price tag on that.

Cockpit-Rabbit’s Foot-4 years after the Battle of Yavin IV

Amaiza Foxtrain: hope you enjoy what time you have left saren.

Utric Sandov: enough bickering, I’m the closest thing to a senior officer we got here, and I’m committing this entire six man..person unit to whatever subterfuge that leads to the destruction of that station. Now radio silence, while we affect repairs to these vessels. Slicers keep your ears stuck to the comm-stations. We need to know everything.

Jaxxon: better be a karkin planet in it for us after this sandov.

Rianna Saren: (via comlink) sure thing Sandov. I got zeeo on it.

Victory II class Star Destroyer-Ravager XIII-orbit of Droid World-4 years after the Battle of Yavin IV

Six victory II class star destroyers encircle the mammoth station. All six are caught in droid worlds tractor beams. Aboard the Ravager XIII; Commander Vont stands with Gaff awaiting an answer to his request to interact with Kligson.

Dilbun Vont: c’mon yea kriffin tin lovin bastage, just answer your summons.

Gaff: perhaps he despises being called upon when only needed to perform a task.

Dilbun Vont: jus the nature of things there gaff.

Without warning a holographic representation of a fully cybernetic Kligson appears on the bridge of the Ravager XIII.

Kligson: (via hologram) turn back, intruder, or I’ll blast you out of space! This is kligson. And I don’t want any dealings with you human life forms. I’m a cyborg-half machine, half man. I surround myself with nothing but robots.

Gaff: (turning to vont) I’m insulted.

Dilbun Vont: calm down, pretty sure even ur stinger couldn’t penetrate that chrome dome. Its vont, never hit coco town did we? After that whole mt. tantiss affair eh? Accept this file transfer and speak of only actions, git me?

Kligson: (via hologram) what is it you ask of me, old friend.

Dilbun Vont: thee elimination of said parasitic.. programming. Can id be done?

Kligson: (via hologram) you are very well aware of how morally disgusting I find your request. But you assume my human half might see that conciseness’s future actions as a hindrance to my own endeavors.

Dilbun Vont: such purty words, so will you snuff him out fuur your old buddy or not?

Kligson: (via hologram) what you ask is purely a moral quandary; do I  destroy an artificial maniac only for a biological one to seize power in its place. Do you see my problem.

Dilbun Vont: dis maniac won’t make ur kriffin droids into his grunts, plus last time I checked you don’t care bout us biologicals. So what I do with said prize is meaningless to you eh?

Kligson: (via hologram) I cannot journey from the confines of droid world and I will not permit biological beings aboard. Therefore my holographic form will accompany you as my proxy.

Dilbun Vont: I can’t afford to have your hologram being traced, dare no way you can haul this tub wit us?

Kligson: (via hologram) I assure you, this isn’t a hologram along the lines of your limited technology, it’s a pure electronic entity sprung from my own being imbued with all my expertise in slicing. You may now depart my space.

Dilbun Vont: well nice to have you wit me, in whateva form.

The electronic entity marches down the bridge with Gaff and Commander Vont as the six destroyers blast into hyperspace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version