Author Topic: Vintage 2010 C-3PO  (Read 1022 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Vintage 2010 C-3PO
« on: August 11, 2010, 06:01:30 PM »
I bought this figure the other day because of my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder over OT characters; and I have to say C-3PO is probably my biggest surprise figure of Wave 1.   In hand he's really a much better figure than I thought he'd be.  A couple points I was specifically pleasantly surprised with in regards to this figure:

1)  The removable parts are a LOT more seamless when placed than I ever would have thought.  It's still not all perfect (see nitpicks) but much better than some initial pictures seemed to indicate.

2)  The "FAT 3P0" look is very much a result of the figure hunched over at the ball jointed waist.  Once the figure is leaned back at the waist joint (an extremely well executed "ball joint" waist at that), the figure doesn't have the beer gut look anymore.

Some nitpicks:

1)  Because of the removable face plate, the eye sockets sit slightly more recessed than they should IMO which "throws off" the look of 3PO a bit at certain angles.

2)  The "circle design" on 3PO's belly looks slightly distracting to me because of where Hasbro chose to section out the removable chest panel.

What do you guys think?