Author Topic: Vintage focus  (Read 22164 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: Vintage focus
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 08:49:41 AM »
If a blue Snag is on a card, it is a re-creation,

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 11:56:29 AM »
Picked up a mint Wicket last night on eBay, complete with spear, awesome condition.

Two down, sixteen to go...

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 01:05:02 PM »
Picked up the Rancor Keeper too, 15 and counting.

I got a sweet Tusken Raider as well, but this is an upgrade purchase since it is one of my few figures that has seen a lot of wear and tear. The cape and weapon were long gone and I needed to upgrade.

I am getting sucked into this vintage stuff quick, I am already salivating over the thought of completing my vehicle line next.

Damn, toys are awesome.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 06:42:28 AM »
Couldn't have said it better myself McMetal.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 07:47:49 PM »
Another good night...picked up an original R2-D2 and Walrus Man for less than $12 combined.

These are both upgrades for existing figures I owned but were in pretty bad shape.

Next up for me: Trenchcoat Han and Poncho Leia!

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 06:39:43 AM »
Pulled out another box of vintage stuff from the attic last night...some great finds. I didn't think my original X-Wing and TIE fighter had survived through the years, but they were both in there. Pretty poor condition though...lots of sticker wear and some discoloration.

So far it looks like I am missing Slave 1 and Vader's crooked wing TIE fighter...both of which I know I had at one point. I think there are a couple near the end I missed out on altogether - maybe an A wing and B wing, if memory serves me?

(Would be great if we could start a sticky thread for vintage vehicles!)

One thing I will definitely need to find on eBay are all the cardboard backdrops for the playsets. I have all of the plastic molds but none of the cardboard backings. (Cantina set, Hoth, Tattooine, etc)

Tonight I am going to try and hunt down my collection of mini-rigs.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 10:04:37 AM »
If I recall, there was a follow named Darklord or something like that that did custom boxes for his vintage ships as water damaged destroyed his first. Great stuff for a momc guy like myself!
 8)

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »
Finally picked up a Han Solo with Trenchcoat - non-camo lapel version.

Is it harder to find the version WITH the camo lapel? Is one more rare than the other?

Just curious...I'll have to go back and pick up all the variants soon enough.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 06:20:29 AM »
Picked up a replacement Death Squad Commander last night for about $9...my original was slathered in black paint for some reason. That just leaves one replacement figure left to pick up...good ole' Luke Skywalker.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2009, 06:20:16 PM »
I scored Big Head Han today, a little pricey at $13 but a very minty version. I've got a pretty steep assortment of variants to plow through, and most seem to be cheaper than those POTF figs I still need. So that's kind of my new target.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2009, 06:51:06 PM »
I don't think the $13.00 is that bad at all. Its a fun and addicting hobby,   be carefull that you want to venture down the variation path, once the dark side strikes, there is no turning back.  I still need an orange hair farmboy Luke  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2009, 07:24:38 AM »
I don't think the $13.00 is that bad at all. Its a fun and addicting hobby,   be carefull that you want to venture down the variation path, once the dark side strikes, there is no turning back.  I still need an orange hair farmboy Luke  ;)

Yes, I am starting to realize there is a seemingly never-ending stream of vintage variants, above and beyond even those noted in the sticky thread in this forum.

"Orange hair Luke" is definitely on my list, as is Rocket-Firing Boba Fett prototype, Blue Snags, all the double-telecoping lightsaber figures, etc etc.

I did pick up a nice smiling Lando last night, less than $10.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2009, 07:28:16 AM »
If your after all the varriations list, better pick up that winning lottery ticket as well, :)

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2009, 08:15:55 AM »
I have a perfectly white snowtrooper from back in the day and most of the hoth figures in some. .. distress, :)

My pal Steve had a Revenge of the Jedi Boba Fett that I wanted but couldn't swing the price.

And if any of you guys bought figs from an EBay seller named Toychemist, that was my pal Shawn, he had the entire run of original figures on card, well, he claimed, and sold them all on Ebay, :(  He only wanted like 5 grand for them at the beginning, which I thought was high, but he ended up getting about 15 individually.  Heck his vader brought 900 by itself, :(

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2009, 11:26:12 AM »
If your after all the varriations list, better pick up that winning lottery ticket as well, :)

For loose figs? I'm not too worried. That orange hair Luke went for what, like $500 on ebay last week? That is one of the pricier ones and that is still do-able. (I haven't really priced out Proto-Fetts as that is waaay down the list and there are so many fakes around. )

For perspective, my other collecting focus right now is completing my collection of Fantastic Four comics. All I need is 12, 9, and 1-6. Even mid grade copies of those don't even start until the $2-300 range. So I'm used to the sticker shock.

This is a long range project...at least to keep me busy through next year.  ;D