Author Topic: Vintage focus  (Read 22166 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Vintage focus
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 04:43:25 PM »
That sure does look  like a big cannon doesn't it? Not like the cannon we have been after.

On another vintage note, I scored a vintage walker on the bay last night for 10 bucks. It is missing most of its front parts, but still well worth it in my opinion.
$10 is a good deal on a walker, buddy. I wish we could find our gun for that much!
  Is a vintage walker the same as a POTF one? Basically the same body with different guns, right?

Yepper Clint. Pretty much the same as the potf one. The only difference I think is the different guns. I was looking for our gun when I came across that deal. I don't know how long it will take me to find the canopy for the head, but I couldn't pass that up.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 04:52:03 PM »
There is a little more of a differnce than just the guns,

1. Head design,   lower section of the POTF and newer has been totqally reworked, to accomidate the guns and mechanism
  a. No light bulb, or bulb cover per vinatge designe , whole lower assembly is updated
2. Interior is differnt due to sound effects and battery cover from the vintage version is reworked. Batteries no loner insert into floor panel butrather the inner console
3. Handle to move head is new, minus vintage sound control button and wireing harness
4. Side cannons are differnt in addition to chin guns

Anyhow hope that helps

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 09:20:30 AM »
Wayne has it! I do think that the canopy that I need is the exact same piece whether it be Potf2 or Vintage. Is that correct Sarge?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 09:39:53 AM »
The canopy will work, it is unchanged

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 10:16:50 AM »
Are you guys looking for the Big Gun from the original Kenner Death Star playset?

I have one.  ;D

Not interested in selling it, but I would entertain the idea of a trade, for the right price...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »
I will have to check with Clint, but I think we have quite a few of the death star cannons now.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 04:22:37 PM »
That we do. I have been thinking alot about that project here lately. i think it is about time to tackle that bad boy.
  I just got one more big project to start and finish first.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »
Sounds good to me Clint.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 05:35:40 PM »
I have had one of these in the plans for years, I will have to dig up and scan the original Kenner art work I have someplace ( copies of I should say) . Very cool and very managble to do.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 10:15:41 AM »
Man, this forum got me all excited yesterday and I went home and pulled out al my old Kenner figures. What a blast! They're all loose, but most look to be in pretty good shape and I actually had more of the POTF last 17 than I remembered.

I always assumed there were a bunch of Kenner figures I was missing, but I guess they went into decline about the same time as my interest did. Which is great...I seem to be only missing a few, and since I am only looking for loose figures, it shouldn't be too difficult or costly to pick these up (hopefully).

That Yak-face isn;t going to come cheap, I know though.

I need to go through my old vehicles next...I had all of them except the AT-AT originally. I know Slave 1 has been lost over the years, but the rest should be around someplace.

Will post pics soon!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 12:40:05 PM »
I would love to have a loose collection of vintage figures. I have a few, but nothing like I would want. I look forward to seeing those pics.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 07:02:36 AM »
And so it begins...

I did a thorough cataloging of my vintage figs last night and compared them to the very helpful thread in this forum with all the pics, and it looks like I am only missing 18 altogether.

I bought my first missing one last night - the inimitable Power Droid. I know I had this originally but it was apparently lost over the years, so it was #1 on my list to replace.

From a quick scan of eBay, it looks like nearly all of the ones I'm missing will be fairly easy to procure. (Except for dear old Yakface)

I've even seen a couple of blue Snaggletooths go for not too much. These are often listed as Sears exclusives - so maybe he didn't only come out packaged with the Cantina set?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 03:46:26 PM »
I believe that the cantina set he came with was a Sears exclusive but I'm not the expert. I think that there have been some bootleg versions of this figure out there.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 04:57:01 PM »
He was indeed only sold tgrough Sears with the Cantina Adventure set and with a mail away 2 pack ( Greedo and blue snag) .  2 variations, indented or non indented toe boot. Not a big deal in my opinion but a variant non the less.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:58:53 PM by Reconsgt »

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 07:22:43 AM »
Thanks guys, this is really interesting.

I guess the single carded figs I see on eBay are just fakes? Or custom created packaging at the very least?