Author Topic: Custom figs.- customcloner  (Read 11226 times)

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
Re: Custom figs.- customcloner
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »
Here are some shots of my next micro. fig. The first shot is the first processes of  cutting the scorch fig, the next two are of the pieces finished cut and drilled out and dry fitted. After this the next processes is to cast the remainder of the armor, the chest ,back, butt, and crotch. Unfortunately Im out of the resin for the next processes so I have to put on hold for a little bit. This one Im keeping the stock scorch hands instead of replacing with the micro. hands like I have on prior ones.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:14:45 PM by customcloner »
"Magnificent Aren't They"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 04:40:06 PM »
Dude, that is very cool. do you cast the other armor pieces and cut or hollow to fit, or what? Thanks for all the pics so far of this process.  I'm sure that he is gonna turn out cool.
  You needin some more resin buddy?

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 08:40:28 AM »
For the first fig. I tried using the original armor and shaped it to fit but it wouldnt fit tight so I took them and made a mold of them for casting. Right before the cast hardens all the way I remove it give it a quick trim them using my fingers to help hold the form tight to the fig wile it hardens full, giving it a tight fit then super glue it in place. Also gluing the shoulder armor during this proses. Once that is done I use sculpey to fill in the space between the armor pieces and sand smooth, for a one piece look. Usually I use a all black micro fig. but are much more expensive so during the painting I paint the micro fig. also, I like painting it because the basic black figs. are shinny and the dull black looks better. My resin turned gummy... the hardener is ok but the resin base isn't. Must of left it setting too long?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
When you say mirco fig just what size is this RC if I may ask?

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 03:21:16 PM »
Great work customcloner! If I may ask, where do you get your micro-figs? I have an entire squad of RC's that need to be able to kneel down!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »
For the first fig. I tried using the original armor and shaped it to fit but it wouldnt fit tight so I took them and made a mold of them for casting. Right before the cast hardens all the way I remove it give it a quick trim them using my fingers to help hold the form tight to the fig wile it hardens full, giving it a tight fit then super glue it in place. Also gluing the shoulder armor during this proses. Once that is done I use sculpey to fill in the space between the armor pieces and sand smooth, for a one piece look. Usually I use a all black micro fig. but are much more expensive so during the painting I paint the micro fig. also, I like painting it because the basic black figs. are shinny and the dull black looks better. My resin turned gummy... the hardener is ok but the resin base isn't. Must of left it setting too long?
  yep, it seems that our favorite resin has a bit of a shelf life to it. Any more time in my possesion than 6 months and the dark bottle starts to gel up on me.
 I just started a new resin casting thread here,resin casting thread I was wondering if you had any tips, techneques, or even pics that you wanted to add there.
Oh, and how much of a chore is it to drill out those scorch limbs?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:55:15 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »
When you say mirco fig just what size is this RC if I may ask?
By microfig, he means microman which is a modern version of the Micronauts line of toys and figures that were produced by the Mego corporation in the latter 70s and early 80s. The line was re-introduced not too many years ago by a different company. They are about the same size as a 3 3/4 inch SW figure.  The superior articulation of these figs is what John is giving to his RC fig by combining them in this way.
  Am I right John?

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 09:03:14 PM »
Sorry Iv been gone for so long!! Thanks for filling in for me there Clint!! Couldnt of explained it better my self! The RC figs. dont have much articulation from the waist down and wanted to try something different. I find the Micro figures on ebay but can be costly at times so try to get them when I find them reasonable. The solid color ones are the most expensive and hardest to find but, I find using any of the male bodys are just as good,  just need painting after the rc parts are fitted. I say male because they also make female ones as well. Most of them have 30 point articulation but the new one Im doing has 32 which has extra joints in the feet to bend the toes. The hollowing out processes isnt too bad just have to be careful not to over do it in certain areas being it has to be thin to fit over the existing micro body. Honestly the helmet is probably the most difficult to hollow.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2009, 05:54:58 AM »
Thanks for the explanation, I get it now! Man, wouldn't we like to see our SW figs with that many moving points.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »
John, the next time you get a chance, I am needing some more of those great resin ammo pouches and especially the Clone Commander pistol holsters from you. I havn't gotten around to molding those yet.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2009, 05:47:37 PM »
No problem! I might even have some casted Iv not used yet...I know of the ammo pouches Ill have to check on the holsters and pistols. Once my ebay items close Im going to need more resin, so next coupon you see if your not needing I will!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2009, 06:10:39 PM »
No problem! I might even have some casted Iv not used yet...I know of the ammo pouches Ill have to check on the holsters and pistols. Once my ebay items close Im going to need more resin, so next coupon you see if your not needing I will!
  The wife will bring home a sunday paper tomorrow. I will check for the coupon for you. I thought you quit the ebay thing.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2009, 06:12:25 PM »
No coupon this week, buddy. I will check again on Sunday.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 04:18:03 PM »
Ok, Let me know next time you get one. I havent been doing any customs on ebay but have been selling alot I brought back from up north!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 05:19:53 PM »
I need to crank up interest in my store again as I have alot of inventory still sitting around from when I was really into it that I need to get rid of.