Author Topic: Custom figs.- customcloner  (Read 11223 times)

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
Custom figs.- customcloner
« on: December 24, 2008, 02:37:39 PM »
I havent made a customs thread since the yard has been modified. Still have to upload my pics. of new customs, but not sure if I ever posted these customs I made after seeing my avatar pic.
"Magnificent Aren't They"

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Custom figs.- customcloner
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 02:48:40 PM »
I like that one at the top.  Did you cast those helmets on your own?  You and Clint do some awesome sculpts of helmets!

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 02:50:50 PM »
Here is a bacura I did with re-sculpted shoulder armor and pack to look like Cody

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 02:52:28 PM »
Yeh, I have a cuple different casts of the top figs. helmets.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 03:08:29 PM »
There for a wile Clint and me where trying all kinds of variations of helmets. If he came up with a good look with combining two different helmets that I didnt think of or try he would send me castings and I would do the same when I came up with new concepts.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 08:54:26 AM »
Wow I love that blue helmeted Clone too, That Cody looking Bacura is over the top too. I am gonna use these pics as a front pager this week!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 04:38:34 PM »
John, I remember the green one and the orange Bacura. Dude that bacura is so cool but the yellow one and the blue just rock! The blue one is my favorite one for sure. Super good job on those!
  What setting are you using on your camera? I went to zoom in on that group shot and things turned kind of fuzzy.
Very impressive. You have been busy, haven't you?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »
hey John, any chance you could post us some larger images of the first few pics (lot of clones and the helmet mods) ? I sure would like to see a few of em bigger like your last image post with the Cody Bacura!

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »
Sorry just getting back, been busy around the house!  Iv been having alot of problems posting pics. Every time I try through PB or my personal files this is the  largest I can seem to be able to post. Have some new customs not posted because I wanted  to post good pics not as small as the last. Have 3-4 new figs. recently finished.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »
Here is a recently done custom.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 12:56:24 PM »
Here you go Tamer,

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 01:08:30 PM »
Here are some more.  The arc trooper I resculpted his armor, I never liked the articulation of the arc's from the Grievous BP. Not happy with the green paint though! The elite troop needs a little more work still yet.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 01:13:29 PM »
This next pic. of course is a custom 501, this one was a plain fig. and all the blue was hand painted. The second pic. of the pilots Im going to make this gunship a custom as well for the 501's.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 04:15:32 PM »
Holy cow!! What a magnificent picture update!! Outstanding  job there, John!!
  I really like the 501st trooper and pilots paint apps. The lines look nice and tight. the red one looks cool also. Is that a resculpted helmet or just repainted?
  I like the Arc and the Elite guy looks just fine. If you are worried about shades of color not matching exactally, always remember that typically paint dries a shade darker than it looks when it is wet. So, if you were trying to match a certain color on the stock Elite Corps figure's camo , mix your paint to be slightly lighter than the color that you are trying to match. Then as your paint dries, hopefully, it will darken to match the shade that you were shooting for.
  Great  job there, buddy!

John, how many clones have you done using those super articulated microman bodies?

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 09:22:57 AM »
The stormie is a re-sculpted helmet. I gave it the visor look of a clone and a center ridge and vents on the sides. I have four different sculps of the stormtroops helmets now. The paint I was talking about was the arc troop the green paint was suppose to be flat but dried gloss. The elite troop is another addition to my set first started with the bacura I got from you, I have five different ones with that style. The micro's I have the two but, in the works of a third. Those ones take alot of work!! This one Im working on has more articulation than the others so Im trying to make him special. Thanks for the props!!