Author Topic: Help - Custom Display  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Serious_bass

• Cadet
Help - Custom Display
« on: July 25, 2010, 07:41:55 AM »

- I posted this originally on the vintage forums, but got no response...so trying here, if anyone can help il be very grateful, thanks...

Hi, I'm fairly new to the forums, have posted a couple of custom figs on the custom forum.

This brings me onto my next query, I want to have a go a carding my customs in a vintage style, as I think this will look cool in my display at home...

I have the tutorials and I have the card templates, but I'm struggling to find a source for the repro / resto bubbles.

I would prefer a uk supplier to keep postage costs down, I have checked eBay but not too much choice there...

I'm sure there are peeps on here carding their own figures and would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction...

Many thanks

sb

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Help - Custom Display
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 03:00:06 AM »

- I posted this originally on the vintage forums, but got no response...so trying here, if anyone can help il be very grateful, thanks...

Hi, I'm fairly new to the forums, have posted a couple of custom figs on the custom forum.

This brings me onto my next query, I want to have a go a carding my customs in a vintage style, as I think this will look cool in my display at home...

I have the tutorials and I have the card templates, but I'm struggling to find a source for the repro / resto bubbles.

I would prefer a uk supplier to keep postage costs down, I have checked eBay but not too much choice there...

I'm sure there are peeps on here carding their own figures and would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction...

Many thanks

sb

i have not come across anyone here doing their own custom cardbacks  (altho there are guys on rebelscum.com who do this)
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 06:26:27 PM »
I would suggest you check out http://www.ffurg.com/ for they have cardback images, know how, etc. for you to do all this. I used to have a good friend who redid a few of my wifes figs she had as a kid. I really do like them. I have been meaning to get in touch with him for some time. I will see if I can get him to share some of his knowledge.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 07:24:26 PM »
mate I do know a guy over at Sandtroopers that does awesome cards he's forum name is Phenix,  If you are interested in speaking to him I can get his email and just say hemble sent you. I do know thou that he does get busy but see what he has to say.

Ron