Author Topic: The Vintage Collection AT-AT  (Read 26328 times)

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
Re: The Vintage Collection AT-AT
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 05:35:44 AM »
Shawn, you lucky duck!
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 10:01:39 AM »
you are a  lucky devil Shawn
the BAT-AT is definitely the highlight of 2010 and I can't wait to get my hands on one of these  giants

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 10:59:15 AM »
awesome! I love it, I can't wait to see the video!! Bring on the BAT-AT!!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 05:03:50 PM »
Well I made the video and got it down to 8 minutes. My problem is Youtube is saying it is gonna take 785 minutes to upload it so I might have to wait to get to some high speed dsl tomorrow. That being said, once I got it together my daughter and I spent the entire afternoon just playing and pushing buttons over and over and over again. Needless to say, it got a good hands on test and I thought I would share some pics and my critique.

First off and the last thing I will say about the box, besides the Rex needing to go, is the fact that it is roughly the same size as the AT-TE box.

As far as the vehicle itself, it comes in two major pieces. One back troop body and a small front portion of the body that attaches in a nice groove system to the bigger body piece. Once connected it feels like one big piece. It was nice to see that the neck area got the grey treatment, I was worrying that it would remain black.

As you can also see the top portion of the troop carrier also sports the hidden handle for the head. Once you rotate that bad boy up it shows two small cannons. To move the head up and down it is rather easy. To turn it to the left and the right you have to twist the handle pretty roughly, but perhaps it will get better as it gets used more.

The cockpit looks great and the light up display screen (blue) is very nice. It will fit more figs than our previous offerings, but they are pretty crammed in there and my little gal got frustrated a bit with them sticking. One nice thing I will note though is the fact that there are figure footpegs everywhere in this beast including the cockpit. It really makes displaying multiple figures nice.

The body is a real wonder. It has gadgets and a light up work area (in red) and even a hidden trap door in the bottom that has a push button reel. The two side reels are nice too.

The back of the troop area with the speeder end has a nice shoot out feature with its own sound features, but for the life of me I think this is probably one play feature I could have done without and I would have loved a launch out web cannon or something along those lines. I will say the speeder they give you for this is so flimsy as to be almost useless from a real posing standpoint. It started to bend as soon as it was free of the box. I can higly see me trying to talk Clint into trying to make this back area a home for one vintage death star cannon or something of the like.

The legs are huge and the feet go together nicely and snap to the bottom of the legs. The only thing of note is the new feet braces sometimes come out of thier socket, but it is real easy to put them back in. I will aslo include some size comparison shots with a POTF2 AT-AT. The top of a POTF2 one came to roughly the bottom of the new Walker.

As you can see my daugher and I give this two great big ole thumbs up. If I can talk my girl into playing SW for five minutes I am good and she played with this for over three hours this afternoon. It sure did take me back a few  years to my own childhood. Hasbro has a great offering here and any of my nit picks were just that, nothing that really is that big of a deal. The doors tended to come off a bit easy, but I dealt with that too. One thing I almost forgot is the fact that there are a ton of movie quotes, some are screen accurate and some are not. I know one thing for sure, if you like the AT-AT you will have to have multiples of this. I will try to get my opening video on here soon and do another of the features. No promises with my horrible internet though.

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 05:30:50 PM »
That is great!!

Love this!!!

I'm glad your little girl likes it also!!!

My son would love that!!!
But my wife wouldn't, we are running out of room fast around here!!!

I hope you and your daughter enjoy the walker!!!

Take Care
Rich

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 05:44:07 PM »
I am pretty sure my wife would not be happy if I got her this for our anniversary.
I would be pretty happy with it though.
Nice comparison pics and info.
And real glad to hear your lil gal enjoyed it and gave it a big thumbs up.
Looking forward to the video.

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »
AWESOME!

-Jack
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 06:08:36 PM »
Shawn, you are killing me with this one. I want one of these soooooo bad. "and yes, I do have extra death star cannons on hand"
  I loved all of the pics and the size comparing shots were a must. I can't wait to see your opening video and be able to gauge the pain on your face as you crack the boxes seal, you MOC collector, you.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 07:07:27 PM »
its awesome man!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o

great!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 01:38:53 AM »
Shawn, you are killing me with this one. I want one of these soooooo bad. "and yes, I do have extra death star cannons on hand"
  I loved all of the pics and the size comparing shots were a must. I can't wait to see your opening video and be able to gauge the pain on your face as you crack the boxes seal, you MOC collector, you.

Ha Ha Ha!      clint your an evil sod sometimes .............Tamers pain.........lol
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
The video is now live and on the front page.

I have to admit in order to get this to one ten minute segment I opened it up and figured out what I had to do and then videod it. I do have another video of me actually opening the box though. If you guys want, I can put that up too. I also want to do another will all the great play features it has.

On another note I got a note from TIF which is a great charity for kids (see the front page for more info). Bottom line is they have auctions up for two of these walkers!

http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=84996318&msgid=1001557&act=KHQ6&c=375786&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewUserPage%26userid%3Dtoyindustryfoundation

Offline jedi_ryan35

• Ensign
  • "The force will be with me..always!"
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 10:53:07 AM »
 I seen the video, Shawn and  it  was great. That smile on your face(at the beginning of the video) looks a like a boy on Christmas morninig ;D. Anyways , I can't wait to get my hands on the new AT-AT Walker. Looks  real nice. Thanks for the review pal. As soon as Toys R Us gets thier exclusive, I'll let you know.  :)

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 11:48:44 AM »
great review man, exellent video!!!!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 02:05:17 PM »
I seen the video, Shawn and  it  was great. That smile on your face(at the beginning of the video) looks a like a boy on Christmas morninig ;D. Anyways , I can't wait to get my hands on the new AT-AT Walker. Looks  real nice. Thanks for the review pal. As soon as Toys R Us gets thier exclusive, I'll let you know.  :)

Thanks Eric! I sure appreciate it. I will definitely have two more boxed versions a regular and vintage one to help me get over tearing open this box. I think I am doing pretty good with box denial right now though. Grab me the mintiest version of that vintage cardback you can find and I will be most appreciative!

great review man, exellent video!!!!!!

As you can sure see, I am a newbie when it comes to doing videos, but for the Walker I made an exception. I am glad you liked it.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 04:48:06 PM »
Look GREAT. I will be hunting this one down in duplicate and that says alot since I don't buy many modern items anymore at all.