Author Topic: Clonehead's custom figures #2  (Read 110385 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Clonehead's custom figures #2
« Reply #870 on: March 14, 2015, 08:00:59 AM »
and you beat me to it...

I had bought an extra tie pilot to do this exact conversion months ago and hadn't had the motivation to sit down and work on it....  Of course, mine wouldn't be anywhere nearly as accurate as what you are doing.  Kudos.  I'll watch this closely.

Offline TSHobbies

• Lieutenant
  • Impressive!
    • TS Hobbies
« Reply #871 on: March 14, 2015, 10:10:00 AM »
that is just awesomeness ! I hope these will be available later?

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #872 on: March 14, 2015, 06:50:23 PM »
Your AT-AT helmet is looking awesome already buddy, I will be keeping a close eye on this one to see how it turns out.

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #873 on: March 14, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »
I had hoped this is what you were hinting about, but am sure glad I didn't press you! Needless to say I like what you are showing up so far. Boy your missle part than connects to the hoses by the eye plates is just fantastic. I can't see Hasbro doing anything even remotely that accurate. I can see your point about the four holes versus six. Maybe drill two more holes or maybe it will be a moot point when the tusk is added? The only other fix I thought of was me mailing you a tusk, get some hydroshink and just shrink that puppy till it gets close to fitting that hole. That is probably overkill and would be costly just to get it accurate though.

Needless to say I definitely will want one of these, hopefully with a body attached if you will take any orders. They definitely don't call you the Clonehead for nothing. I hate the fact that spring is here and the weather is getting nicer so real work will make your modding take a back seat. Daggone the real world anyway.

Off to share.
I hadn't really went too look for anything else that would work for the tusk plate as of yet. just a flat disk of the right diameter would work. we could work out where the holes go.  ill look at it when I get a chance.
and you beat me to it...

I had bought an extra tie pilot to do this exact conversion months ago and hadn't had the motivation to sit down and work on it....  Of course, mine wouldn't be anywhere nearly as accurate as what you are doing.  Kudos.  I'll watch this closely.
you and Shawns comments got the idea burning in my head to try this one
I actually am afraid you will beat me to the next one I want to do so I shouldn't talk about it.
we will only go as accurate as is practical, within reason, on this one. I am hopeful
that is just awesomeness ! I hope these will be available later?
ty
that is the plan but for it to be a complete conversion kit, I will have to finish a moldable helmet that I can cast, then, fab from scratch, the shoulder pad, the airbox, and the airhoses which will need to be longer than the ones offered with the tie pilot

as soon as I can get a helmet to cast well ill be more than ready to show it off, sure

I got an idea for the shoulder pads and I believe I have found the hoses but as far as the airbox, I will have to build it probably.

Since I am building this to mold and cast, in some cases I may sacrifice detail for functionality with how the following materials work. The co2 cartridge holder piece isn't quite photo correct in that I believe there is another ridge or line running across the little hole but my piece is a suggestion of the real things shape that will be a bit more possible to mold and cast.

those two pieces are just tacked into place so I could see how it looks and think about it. the one on the left is leaning a bit.
As of yet, its all adjustable so, my friends, Shawn, since you are one of the resident experts of this particular bucket, how do I need to adjust these? Up, tighter to the face/helmet as in, not sticking out from the helmet as far?
Im sure you know which helmet pics I am looking at to research this one

thanks for your support. by the time I get the tusks, tabs, and clock parts on the front, I will feel like I have done something but I will bet that Tamer wont be able to guess how long I labored over those two little hose/receiver assemblies
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:45:14 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #874 on: March 15, 2015, 06:21:33 AM »
Clint, the way you have them leaning is better than many of those I have seen on one to one buckets that I know have 501st approval. Take a look at the Lucasfilm helmet image:

See how they sort of align along the back edge of the eye lenses?

I also found a good pic for where the holes would need to go to be accurate on those tusks:

You might want to make two molds of your master cast for each of these kits when you get ready to sell them. I can guarantee you will wear em out with the orders placed for these. My fingers are crossed this project can be completed before they make you swing from the high rises again!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #875 on: March 15, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »
You make me sound like a monkey at work. I feel like one there sometimes.
Thanks for those, I hadn't gotten around to posting them. That is the helmet I am looking at in several images. I see how you mean around the outside ring of the eye lenses. Looks like the upper lip of the co2 piece may just overlap that outer line

On that side view, you can see the double lip on the black co2 piece, the upper of which is the line in the middle of the cleft that I carved that I had mentioned I had left out, to make it cast easier.

The tusk assembly looks to be a joy. Realize that it will amount to something about 1/8 of an inch long.
I will work on the front of the bucket first and then worry about the cans on the back. Those may end up being separate pegged pieces as they would also cast better that way.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:50:10 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #876 on: March 16, 2015, 02:26:03 AM »
The canisters on the back of my helmet attach with rare earth magnets and are very strong. Those hose I have attached them too is really stiff and even then they stay where they are supposed too. I would think magnets would work great for that.

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #877 on: April 18, 2015, 01:45:01 PM »
Hello Clonehead you are one of my favorite customizers and I would really appreciate some support or feedback on my page. So please check it out. Thank you
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #878 on: March 18, 2020, 07:37:11 PM »
So I put the atat driver on the bench and shortly thereafter, hasbro released one.
  I picked a hell of a time to wake up. They are shutting the world down right now.

So Tamer, I was inspired to work on a figure by a casting on eBay that wasn’t one of my own, imagine that.
  Dan, I will apologize in advance for, it is to be a clone.

Seller mos-eisley-casting who I believe to be a member here, was kind enough to offer a great casting of the GameStop 6 inch purgetrooper head which I wanted to make a six inch airborne trooper.
    Remembering the wonder of all of those TAC removable helmets, I molded the casting and hollowed out a copy to use for my custom.
  To go with the bucket, I chose a commander wolffe head casting that I carved on to give a single airborne style Mohawk. I also replaced his nose, removed the scars and deepened his expression a bit. Some re working had to be done to his bad eye. After much tweaking and sanding, I think he and the bucket look good enough to mold again.
    Wish me luck, When I cast the new parts, I can start painting
I believe this is just an AOTC Black series Clone body that I had. One of the headless horseman that wander my hobby room. The wolffe head fit just right on the peg

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #879 on: March 19, 2020, 05:36:53 AM »
Man, Clonehead is working on a Clone Head. So awesome! Looks good so far Clint.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #880 on: March 19, 2020, 07:29:12 AM »
Yeah buddy, this is gonna happen!
And the molds turned out better than expected. Here is the first run of the two pieces, cleaned up with a knife but not sanded yet. That clone head turned out great. He kind of reminds me of the head that came with the first retaliation Firefly figure. that or Bilbo.
I can’t wait to paint one.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 07:31:59 AM by Clonehead »

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #881 on: March 19, 2020, 08:03:02 PM »
Amazing work!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #882 on: March 20, 2020, 09:02:11 AM »
Clint that looks great. Man, great casts. Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #883 on: March 20, 2020, 04:08:16 PM »
Those look great! Nice job on the casting, I know that its a bit of a challenge. This is going to look great when you've got it painted.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #884 on: March 21, 2020, 02:24:15 PM »
So many wonderful little details.  Really nice work.