Author Topic: Rebel pilots  (Read 3163 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Rebel pilots
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 11:54:21 AM »
Again, this really epic! Back in 2008 we were all spoiled by Hasbro. TAC was massive, even bigger than ROTS and TSC. And the Legacy Collection just topped them all with the additional TLC SL line. Man, oh man - in retrospective I think we all appreciate the time between 2005-2012 even more. That's when I started collecting. The ROTS line still brings a lot of nostalgia. So do all following lines. 
Your collection of members of the Alliance reminds me of that time. Even if the Variety and selection of Star Wars toys by Hasbro was so overwhelming back then (and clearancing my bank accounts), I was quite surprised that Hasbro decided to pay SO MUCH attention to ONE single video game. That was the first and last time they did it. And with the current state of the brand and Hasbro's Treatment of the 3.75" line I doubt it will EVER get even close to the level from a decade ago. I mean it was just crazy.
Looking at your collection is a nice reminder of the "golden days" - at least to me. Thanks for sharing it! I'm really glad you got all of them! It's madness for how much some of them go on eBay today. You can be very proud of owning them all!

- Philipp

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 05:21:23 PM »
That is a ship load of pilots! There's a lot of fun concepts here and your Leebo turned out really well.

Offline leebo

• Cadet
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 06:18:02 PM »
Thanks Starchaser.

Yeah, Darth More, I totally hear you. The last non-orange rebel pilot I can think of is the Mon Calamari pilot, who was released ~2012? Which seems a bit crazy.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 12:37:54 AM »
Yes, you’re right! Is it 8 years ago already? Where did all the time go? But those TLC Evolution Packs were perfect army-builders for you, then. Starchaser named it - it’s so much fun to look at all of them. You can probably fill 2 or 3 Rebel Transports with them!
And the last Mon Cal that was released in 3.75” was in the Force Awakens line if I remember correctly. I got this fellow on clearance for 5,49€ instead of 11,99€. And I don’t regret to have gotten it even though it’s a 5POA. It’s good custom fodder.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2020, 03:37:50 PM »
Yeah that's a great figure. It was rare even when it hit the discount chains. I got 3 or 4 of them including a loose one in a lot on eBay (thank the maker). Still need to get that sweet Raddus RO figure since I got like 6-7 TBS (WalMart Ackbar's for $2.50) to use as crew member customs.