Author Topic: Scored on Ebay  (Read 12227 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Scored on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 04:08:46 PM »
I just sent you a pm to the same effect. At most it is just the base part that has been used, but the more I look at it the more it looks slightly smaller that the one from the playset. It also seems to me that the long tip has been replaced with a more howitzer looking barrel and it looks like two smaller long barrels are on top and the bottom of the main cannon. You know more about scale than I, but a good chunk of that cannon is hanging off the back end of that walker, almost half of the total length I am thinking.

You got that right, this is gonna be a huge mobile cannon. Did I tell you that I was FDC while I was in the Army? Ole tamer fired the big guns. Now do you wonder why I like this so much!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 05:08:39 PM »
No ou didnt mention that. This is going to be some major firepower that the ATAT crew will be able to bear.
  Yes, the howitzer barrels are what I am planning to emulate. I have even chosen an article from work to use as the main replacement barrel.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 05:36:11 PM »
No ou didnt mention that. This is going to be some major firepower that the ATAT crew will be able to bear.
  Yes, the howitzer barrels are what I am planning to emulate. I have even chosen an article from work to use as the main replacement barrel.

Sweet. Maybe you can make the atat drivers some earmuffs. LOL. Not! Hey, let me know if you want me to go after that cannon without the tip as it is still up for grabs.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 06:45:45 PM »
Might as well. I have a feeling that we are going to need it. That's why I didn't care if the gun had a barrel or not as I knew that I was going to replace it anyway. After looking at your pictures, I am already getting a more refined picture in my head of what this will look like.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 04:19:49 AM »
Might as well. I have a feeling that we are going to need it. That's why I didn't care if the gun had a barrel or not as I knew that I was going to replace it anyway. After looking at your pictures, I am already getting a more refined picture in my head of what this will look like.

I hope to have this to you next week. I am waiting on some atat drivers and perhaps the vintage walker I won, but if it doesn't come by next week I am just sending you what I have. I was sure surprised by how huge those death star cannons are. I will go take a look to see if he still has the one cannon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 03:36:23 PM »
the guy had two, now we have two more cannons without the tips.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 03:47:52 PM »
the guy had two, now we have two more cannons without the tips.
You are the man, buddy!
  I got to thinking that the mushroom shaped bell on the rear of the cannon may need to be altered to avoid clearance issues with the short remaining side walls of our walker when It goes to swing from right to left while aimed in the up position. This may help with fitting the gun into it's stowed position within the troop area. I was thinking of killing the long nipple that protrudes from the back of the mushroom and if that isn't enough, we could move the mushroom forward a bit by shaving off part of the shaft in-between the mushroom and the main part of the gun. I will know what will be necessary  once I start cutting on the beast.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 05:11:48 AM »
sounds like you have this thing figured out! There will be enough cannon parts to play with, thats for sure!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 06:03:50 PM »
I've always wanted the amidala figure, but was confused by the perky variant.  Given my tastes, I'm sure thats the one I'd want, but for the life of me, I've never seen them side by side to see the difference.

And if the description actually says "perky" its always BIN of at least 60, lol.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 07:16:16 PM »
I have never seen the other varient if there is one. I have seen these going for a decent price lately. It's my guess that every seller would put "perky" in the auctions title not knowing any better.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 10:41:37 PM »
I see, well in that case, I will start keeping an eye out for one.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 04:09:21 PM »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 04:13:04 PM »
Wow! that shuttle does look pretty cool from the inside!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 04:40:16 PM »
that is the booster, its a fun little toy.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 05:25:52 PM »
I did a whole walk-thru of both pieces I got, with the 4LOM giving a running smartmouth commentary...

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u239/LosLejanos/shuttle/?albumview=slideshow

They are definitely missing parts and are ripe for customizing.  I'd almost wonder if you could squeeze two boosters together to get more headroom in the playspace OR to make a full-length playable deck that the upright piece alludes to.  Prolly not, but it is a fun thought.  Should make for a good place to take pics, at least.  Well, once I detail it up and get rid of the GI Joe/English stickers.

...goes off to mold shipping containers...