Author Topic: Scored on Ebay  (Read 12226 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Scored on Ebay
« on: November 23, 2008, 04:12:26 PM »
Well, I won a minty unleashed Padme yesterday on the bay. It was the only fig in the bigger unleashed line that I had not aquired as of yet. Normally, this one has been fetching inbetween $40-$50 on the bay but I got this one for $20 which is a price that I can live with.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Scored on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 04:25:13 PM »
That is a great price for a great item.  Some of those larger scale Unleashed are phenomenal...Hasbro should never have left that line.  This "Perky" edition is definitely a nice display piece.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 05:07:20 PM »
That is a great price for a great item.  Some of those larger scale Unleashed are phenomenal...Hasbro should never have left that line.  This "Perky" edition is definitely a nice display piece.
  I agree with you there, Pat.  They should have never ditched that line. there are so many other characters that they could have made. I enjoy them alot more than the little Unleashed line.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 06:25:29 PM »
I really liked this larger unleashed line too. I had hoped we could get more additions in the tubular packaging.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 10:13:04 AM »
I won a Comicon Shadow scout MOC for $18 shipped the other day. Sorry Tamer, I couldn't wait for this item.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 11:18:45 AM »
Not bad Clint.  I love the Biker Scouts and speeder bikes, and would love to have a few of these loose!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 01:16:10 PM »
Good for you Clint! I will get off my duff and start listing stuff soon. I have just been too lazy to start! The whole idea is kind of overwhelming!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 11:06:21 PM »
I'm sure that it is, after all, you have been collecting for a while now.
I won a Sw minuitures ATAT for $55 shipped tonight. Don't these go for $50 at a speciaty shop?
  I have been wanting one for a while and you know what, Tamer? I'm going to open mine!! I figure that this could make for great dio fodder!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 09:19:06 AM »
I paid 50 bucks plus shipping for mine when I first bought it Clint. That is a great price. Perhaps this one is gonna be the first step to seeing a full size atat with that great snow camo paint job? Not to mention the great added detail you give all your stuff.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 06:16:34 PM »
I won a tac animated boba fett fig for $4.49 shipped, tonight.
  I am going to use him for a future custom project.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 09:04:08 AM »
Well I got my two vintage death star cannons today. They are pretty daggone big. I thought I got rooked for a second when I didn't see the large gun tips. These actually come apart from the cannon, I didn't know that till I had em in hand. The only thing that is really wrong with em is the end of one is a little tore up and they are missing the smaller length of cannon, but something I hope Clint can counter.

I am posting a few pics for reference.  This gun, with tip, seems to as long as the entire troop carrier.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »
Yikes, those things are big!! Alot bigger than I remember. I wonder if there is any big mount inside the troop carrier to hold the walker's neck that might be in the way. I can't remember if the walker's head swings back and forth at the body or at the head.Some alteration may be necessary if you want to fit this thing inside the walker.
  Scratchbuilding a fix for the lower barrels shouldnt be a problem but I still think the main barrel needs to be altered.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:27:13 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 03:38:59 PM »
Yikes, those things are big!! Alot bigger than I remember. I wonder if there is any big mount inside the troop carrier to hold the walker's neck that might be in the way. I can't remember if the walker's head swings back and forth at the body or at the head.Some alteration may be necessary if you want to fit this thing inside the walker.
  Scratchbuilding a fix for the lower barrels shouldnt be a problem but I still think the main barrel needs to be altered.

I need to get these things in your hand so you can do a real looks, but we may indeed have to alter some plans to use these behemoths. I can deal with any barrel alteration you want to Clint. This is in your artistic hands, not mine. I have got to look at the other swcca pic to see what size that cannon looked like. I don't think it looked that big. Still a great big gun and a walker! You can't go wrong with that combination no matter what you do to it!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 03:52:19 PM »
When you look at that pic I want you to compare the length of the gun from the mushroom shaped piece twards the back of the gun to where the upper and lower barrel split- to your walker. Look at the pic and see if this area on that gun matches the length of the DS gun when placed with the end of the gun starting at the same point along the length of one of your walkers. I will look at that pic again and see what I think.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 04:03:15 PM »
You are right, buddy, I just scaled it using a ruler. The death star gun is bigger than the one used in that pic. That was my mistake as everything but the barrel was shaped the same. I assumed it was the same gun with a different barrel. We can make it work but I want to make a barrel for it more like that SDCC gun.
  That is going to be one intimidating mobile ballistics platform.