Author Topic: The Vintage Collection 2010 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)  (Read 8376 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: The Vintage Collection 2010 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 05:14:08 PM »
Great review.

My two cents:  This updated version is a vast improvement over the last abomination passing itself off as Bespin Luke.  All the same, although so much is very, very right with this figure, I was a bit let down that he's still too tall--IMO.  Also, the "ball jointed" hips aren't executed quite as well as I had hoped.  Plus, and maybe this is just my sample, his torso pops off from his waist awfully easily.  Anybody else seeing this on theirs?

Even with my complaints, he's still my favorite of this wave and I have no regrets purchasing him.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 10:47:25 AM »
can anyone confirm to me that they are ACTUAL ball jointed hips and not the standard swivel/peg style hips that we've been seeing in figures like the arf trooper and pre-visla?

I was hoping this figure had hips more in tune with what is being used on the marvel figures and/or the joes. 

has anyone dismantled this figure yet?

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 07:47:23 PM »
These are not the ball jointed hips you're looking for.

I buy a few joes and marvel figures here and there and these joints are definitely NOT of that type.

Probably the swivel/peg style you are referring to.  The design seems to use the same concept as the shoulders except the peg extends at an angle rather than straight out like on the shoulders.  Also  the "disc" which gives the lateral movement can be seen on the outer hip and looks out of place when not positioned in the neutral position--kind of like the last Death Star II Luke's shoulders were.   Lastly, because of the angled position of the post, you don't get much in the way of true forward and backward movement of the hips--i.e. forward ends up being forward and out at an angle.

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 03:46:58 AM »
looks great O0