Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 376468 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2355 on: November 12, 2017, 06:51:08 PM »
I got another cool Tevis Star Wars tumbler. It is the Yoda one, with his picture in sepia tone and the quote "Do or do not there is no try" on the reverse. I like it.  It is double walled vacuum sealed. Great for hot or cold drinks.  Pretty much all of the Star Wars cups are 16oz.

The last picture is the reason for the purchase. I went to a fast food resturant and the woman behind the counter dug her nails in the styrofoam cup. So it bagan to slowly leak unbeknownst to me. So long story short I had to drink fast. Lol.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:17:57 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2356 on: November 13, 2017, 03:49:18 AM »
Wow, those must have been some nails. Glad you found a replacement cup.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2357 on: December 01, 2017, 04:43:55 PM »
Hit up your local Game Stops!

They are having a 50% off all clearance items sale this weekend!

I scored all of this across the 5 closest Game Stops to my house (both Cliftons, both Waynes and Lodi).

The Star Wars Rathtars and Probe Droids were $7.49 each. The Cyborgs were $4.97 each. The Rogue One 4pk was $9.99. The Skyrim skeletal dragon was $7.49.

The stores I visited had tons of collectibles (mostly 6" scale and larger) so it's time to hunt!
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2358 on: December 02, 2017, 09:13:26 AM »
I was just at Gamestop yesterday and didn't see that where I was. I might have picked up that Snoke with Throne. Might have to go back and check tomorrow

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2359 on: December 02, 2017, 09:17:35 AM »
I was just at Gamestop yesterday and didn't see that where I was. I might have picked up that Snoke with Throne. Might have to go back and check tomorrow

The 50% off is only on the clearance items of which Snoke is not. They have a lot of other SW items that are clearance though like the Rathtar and Probe Droid sets I picked up, the small 2pks (Rey/Praetorian Guard and Han/Fett), the single carded "Rogue One" figures, many older 6" Black Series items and tons of non toy items like t-shirts, lanyards, wallets, ice cube trays, etc.

Visit me on Facebook!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2360 on: December 02, 2017, 09:19:58 AM »
I saw those too and didn't see any clearance prices on em. To be honest though, I didn't look too hard.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2361 on: December 02, 2017, 10:45:19 AM »
I saw those too and didn't see any clearance prices on em. To be honest though, I didn't look too hard.

A lot of the items were not marked for clearance as you can see from the majority of the Rathtars in my pic. It took a lot of price checking to figure out what was clearance and what was not.

Visit me on Facebook!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2362 on: December 09, 2017, 02:05:50 PM »
I went to Wal-Mart reluctantly, I was hoping the snow would drive customers away, but ehh not the case. So I went to the Star Wars section and first I noticed the TFA 3.75 TBS figures were still there *sigh*. However upon my surpise there was a display of Rogue one figures *score*!! Filled with Royal Guards and Death Troopers. So I picked a few of them up. I found an old TBS Moseph Bineed, but I let it go.

The thing that really caught my eye was the "force  link" Probe Droid and Darth Vader set. I've been eyeballing this set for quite a while but finally decided to get it.  So I got it home and unpacked it, and I am really impressed with it.

The Probe droid itself has about 17 poa, which is awesome. The manipulator arms have ball joints  at the base. Then some of them have articulated "elbows" and/or "wrists". The head is on a swivel as well as the small little gun. The Probe Droid does have a missile launcher which is a negative for me because I am a mature adult, and I don't play with my toys. But if you are a kid it's pretty cool, you can have fun with it. The head of the missile blends well, but the tail sticks waayy out. The details on the head are amazing. Yes, I will admit that this one is much better than the custom one I made a while back. The droid does come with a stand, that is very similar to the one I constructed for my custom, starting to get paranoid now. Ohh yeah and the antennae go up and down slightly, thats cool too.

The Vader figure, I suppose is to be the TESB version, but it looks like the R1 head. Its a cool little 5POA Darth. I might use the rubber "soft goods" on a custom Vader I want to do.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 02:22:44 PM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2363 on: December 10, 2017, 04:08:02 AM »
Nice score and thanks for sharing this cool story, which is great to read on a cold Sunday! The Probe Droid is great and even more awesome than I thought! Thank you for the detailed look at it!

I am also going to buy the set with Vader & the Probe Droid, but the regular price for it here in Germany is 34.99€ (~ $40)...I would spend 20-25€ on it, but that's my limit.

Have a nice 2nd Advent!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2364 on: December 10, 2017, 06:18:09 AM »
Nice review on that JDeck. I think Gamestop has these on clearance for seven bucks now if you want a few and can find em.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #2365 on: December 29, 2017, 11:11:13 AM »
Just like last year, Christmas was pretty good for me :) Behold the Star Wars goodies I received this year!

swgoodies2017 by Remco Zwart, on Flickr

- Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View;
- 4 pairs of TLJ socks (I was wearing the Kylo Ren pair);
- Sphero R2-D2;
- Lego Microfighters Series 5 First Order TIE Fighter;
- 2 suitcase travel labels;
- TLJ movie magazine;
- 4 (fake) Lego Christmas minifigs.

The Sphero R2-D2... wow... just wow. What an awesome piece of geeky awesomeness that one is! I already had the BB-8, but this one is clearly a step up.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2366 on: January 24, 2018, 01:28:05 AM »
Well got the tip from yakface and my closet WalMart had the BS AT-ST $15 10X in stock... I bit and bought 6x... Then tonight the last 3x...

I fell kinda crazy / drunk on the fact that (including the org. Release) I have 10! Modern AT-ST's

Same location also had the BS PONDA, TUSKEN, DEATH TROOPER for $8+ so grabbed one of each too.

I honestly don't buy SW Toys anymore unless its dirt cheap and/or in bulk it seems... So the $140+ on the vehicles in "reality" is not bad.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2367 on: January 24, 2018, 03:17:18 AM »
Great prices on that at-sts. I might have to go look for a couple myself. Feels like forever since I have brought home a new SW Item.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2368 on: January 28, 2018, 06:08:33 AM »
Well low and behold I was able to find 3 AT-STs at that great price of 15 a pop. Just as soon as I got em into my cart there was another guy who has a full cart of all toys who was glaring at me as I walked away. I think he wanted them ::)

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2369 on: January 28, 2018, 05:37:09 PM »
Yeah... They have been flying off the shelves now @ $15 I got 9x but  I  could've gotten 6-9x more lol. Sometimes you gotta draw the line though and I just  got what  felt good for displays (resale if "needed" too) I honestly didn't want to horde these... Tempting as it is/was