Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 383679 times)

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2130 on: September 30, 2016, 01:01:54 PM »
This morning I went to Target and picked up 2 of the 3 basic figures they had (K-2SO and the Imperial Crew guy), the titanium cargo shuttle, and the TBS Stormtooper helmet, which was my #1 priority today. The $25 off my $100 purchase was awesome! They didn't hardly have anything on the pegs or shelves though, which was disappointing! :-\

Then, even worse, I went to Walmart and they had NOTHING.  ::) I'm glad I didn't go at midnight last night!!!!

So I still need to pick up the TIE Striker, and another of K-2SO and the Imperial Crew member. That should get me to the $50 limit for the Target coupon.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2131 on: September 30, 2016, 01:33:19 PM »
My Force Friday haul for 2016. I only missed out on 3 items so I think I did pretty good. I might take Cassin and Jyn back because when I got home I saw Target will be getting an exclusive 3 pack of the Deathtrooper (with shoulder pauldron and ammo pouches), Cassin (brown jacket) and Jyn. Grabbed the Hot Wheels A-wing in case we don't see it in the Titanium line. Even though I don't like 5POA/limited articulation, I grabbed 2 Stormtroopers because that helmet sculpt is fantastic. I found 2 more Royal Guards, one each at different Walmarts. I will be sending those to a fellow collector. I missed out on the Hovertank pilot but an employee told me to try and call Wednesday, they can hold a figure for me if they get a shipment in.

This Force Friday was just alright for me honestly. I went to 3 Targets, 2 Walmarts and a Toys R Us. I ran into total 3 other people also looking at Star Wars stuff out of all the stores I went to. Even one of the cashiers said she was surprised there weren't a lot of people. I did get up early though, I was at my first store at 8:30 and was done around 11.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2132 on: September 30, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »
My awesome wife bought me K-2SO from "Rogue One" tonight.

This is my first Star Wars figure in over a year. I wanted him because Alan Tudyk, one of my favorite actors plays this character in the film.

Last year I wanted Unkar Plutt because Simon Pegg played him but I only ever saw him once and I had no fun money at the time.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2133 on: October 01, 2016, 04:51:18 AM »
Awesome to see folks getting some goodies.

I had a great box sent to me by Hasbro that had some awesome stuff in it. My daughter is loving the Death Trooper Mask and Nerf Blaster (Jyn's).

I haven't picked a single thing up yet. I am looking for that new TIE Striker, a Royal Guard, and a six inch Death Trooper and K2.

I had the three and three quarter K2 and Stormtrooper in my hands last night, but put em back. I do agree with Gold Leader One that the new Stormtrooper Sculpts look fantastic. It almost looked to me like they might have been more articulated too, but the more I looked the less certain I was so I put em back on the pegs.

Has anyone confirmed the new Rogue One Stormtroopers are five pee oh a?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2134 on: October 01, 2016, 11:30:22 AM »
  Hey Tamer, whats the story on the 5poa Rogue One Darth Vader you got from Hasbro? I haven't seen it anywhere, is it available? Is the head sculpt nice? I need to replace a vader head on my ESB vader, because its all warped. Usually the 5poa figures at least have good head sculpts.
  As for my finds, bubkus. Walmart didnt even stock up yet. I realize that scalpers arent bad anymore where i live, we still have a few desirable TFA figures. I anticipated striking out so i asked my brother to pick me up some stuff, he lives in a magical land where walmart stocks the shelves and scalpers are nowhere to be found. Outside of the exclusives I'll get everything else on Amazon. For some reason amazon stuff isnt availible for another week or two. Seems odd.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:41:06 AM by JDeck »

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2135 on: October 01, 2016, 12:10:29 PM »
  Hey Tamer, whats the story on the 5poa Rogue One Darth Vader you got from Hasbro? I haven't seen it anywhere, is it available? Is the head sculpt nice? I need to replace a vader head on my ESB vader, because its all warped. Usually the 5poa figures at least have good head sculpts.
  As for my finds, bubkus. Walmart didnt even stock up yet. I realize that scalpers arent bad anymore where i live, we still have a few desirable TFA figures. I anticipated striking out so i asked my brother to pick me up some stuff, he lives in a magical land where walmart stocks the shelves and scalpers are nowhere to be found. Outside of the exclusives I'll get everything else on Amazon. For some reason amazon stuff isnt availible for another week or two. Seems odd.

Vader is in Wave 2, should be out in a few weeks. Tamer got lucky :)
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2136 on: October 01, 2016, 01:16:34 PM »
The Rogue One Stormtroopers are indeed 5POA. Still, great helmet sculpts. I may pickup a few Saga Legends Stormtroopers and do a helmet swap.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2137 on: October 01, 2016, 01:21:02 PM »
Ohh cool thanks, i kind of want that vader now.   I went to a different  walmart grabbed a couple stormtroopers and the imperial flight attendant or whatever, just for the head sculpts. They are awesome  headsculpts indeed. Also grabbed a lando and ackbar. No royal guard :( Im pleased overall, this is the first time I've been able to get a general Lando at a reasonable price. And even though the other figures lack in articulation they do have great detail and make for affordable custom fodder.

The r1 stormy head is even better than the SL11, which to me was the best stormtrooper head sculpt Hasbro ever made. This one is glossy, and the paint apps are very good. The paint on the SL11 was sloppy in comparison. So this is my new go to head. It does have a ball joint head, but the hole is very small, same size as a human head hole, if that makes sense. So you can do a straight swap with the spacetrooper,  just take off the head, insert new helmet, no dremel. Fyi. The plastic is still easy enough to dremel through, just takes a while. I swapped heads on two legacy Stormtroopers,  one with R1 head other with SL11.

With the ground crewman you can do a straight headswap with the TIE fighter pilot, (with the removable helmet). However you need to detail the chest armor. Or you can  use the saga DS gunner body, but you'd have to dremel out the head. I may do the later, only thing is the helmet is very small, so dremel carefully.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 07:19:21 PM by JDeck »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2138 on: October 01, 2016, 05:06:56 PM »
I want to do the same exact thing JDeck. For the bodies, did you use Saga Legends stormies or ones from The Legacy Collection? And its just a simple head swap, no modifications? Just want to confirm before I go through with it.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2139 on: October 01, 2016, 05:15:55 PM »
I want to do the same exact thing JDeck. For the bodies, did you use Saga Legends stormies or ones from The Legacy Collection? And its just a simple head swap, no modifications? Just want to confirm before I go through with it.
  Yeah I used for one the SL25 saga legends 2011, i belive it is the same as the legacy, and I did have to demel that one. The TAC with removable helmet is a straight swap, but the helmet sits a little too high for my liking, but its not bad.  Ive already modified all the ones i have, so i cant show you. I do remember testing it on the legacy space trooper (removable helmet) and it did fit on the neck peg. Id say any stormtrooper with a removable helmet and a human head underneath would be compatible with the r1 head.
  *updated*  it doesnt fit all human stormtrooper  neck pegs, just the space trooper, that i know of. Im not all that familiar with neck peg sizes of stormtroopers, but they are different sizes. Worst case scenario the peg is too big, you could modify the peg. A peg swap isnt ideal, but an option. The easy way is to trim down the peg ball.  Thats why i just dremel out the head.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 07:02:15 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2140 on: October 02, 2016, 05:08:49 AM »

Found a couple things yesterday. Still no Royal Guard or new 6" Figures outside of the ones Hasbro sent me.

Hey Tamer, whats the story on the 5poa Rogue One Darth Vader you got from Hasbro?

I anticipated striking out so i asked my brother to pick me up some stuff, he lives in a magical land where walmart stocks the shelves and scalpers are nowhere to be found.

Yeah, I got lucky on that Vader. Its not out for awhile  yet. It does look pretty nice as far as head sculpts go. It could be the best. I need to compare it to a few others.

Keep it coming folks. I need to decide whether to pick up a U-Wing or not.

Offline Alliance nerd

• Cadet
  • Scarlet Hark's boyfriend
« Reply #2141 on: October 03, 2016, 04:08:17 AM »
I got the 2-packs with Moroff and Pao because I dig new alien species.  My 3-year old son got the new kids' Stormtrooper mask and my 12 year old daughter got the Lego Carbon Freezing Chamber. 

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2142 on: October 03, 2016, 06:54:41 PM »
My Great Grandpa gave me $100 Saturday, and boy did I feel like a little kid again!

At Target, I ended up getting enough stuff for the 25% off again:

Tie Striker
Both RO 2-packs
Sabine
Jyn
K2SO
Imperial Crew member

And then at TRU I got the Imperial Speeder (which I regret...), but all-in-all, a wonderful joyous day!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2143 on: October 03, 2016, 07:42:43 PM »
Isn't that the best? It's awesome going to stores knowing new stuff is being put out. I had fun this year, but the event itself was just "meh" for me. I went to a total of 6 stores, and of all of them I ran into total of 3 others looking at Star Wars stuff. Maybe if I had other people to go with it would be more enjoyable. Its cool though that us collectors have a "day" for ourselves.

Maybe next year I'll wear a shirt that says Goldleaderone so maybe someone might recognize me lol.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2144 on: October 03, 2016, 11:22:28 PM »
That reminds me! At Target I was down the SW isle looking at stuff on the bottom shelf, and a mom and her 2 kids walks down the isle with a cart. The little boy said something about the new stuff, so I looked up to see if I was in his way. The mom was looking at me, and she gave me the most pitiful, "down her nose" look of disgust. I was really taken aback (or off guard), but I think she was sincerely upset with me that I was looking at toys.

I left with stuff and went to the Halloween section. About 15 minutes later I passed by toys again, just to see if there were any collectors there. There was an 18-20 year old kid down the isle looking. As soon as I approached the isle's endcap he looked up and booked it out of there, as if he was super nervous.  :-\ Apparently social judgement was a super huge thing in this town.  ???

And then at a Walmart an 18-20 year old kid almost pushed me down trying to get one of the RO 2-packs. I was going to talk to him and ask if he collected (he was super giddy), but then he immediately invaded my airspace as he rooted in front of me. I just wanted to look through the TBS 3.75 figures, but he was super pushy.

For TFA it was about the same way...Pushy/angry nerds, mean moms, and like 1 genuinely nice guy who talked for like 15 minutes with me and my friend Matt.