Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 383212 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #1920 on: December 13, 2015, 04:53:59 AM »
That SW nightstand drawer set is awesome! Wow, nice stuff. I am thinking of turning my downstairs bathroom into a SW Theme.

On my own pick up notes, I was able to find two of the walmart exclusive SA FO Stormies. They are very nice. They also had some of the Battlefront Shock Troopers on the six inch pegs, but the boxes were dinged up horrible.

I also took advantage of a kmart sale and get their exclusive 6" ren with bas in and a hero series xwing for 15 bucks if you can believe it. I don't even think they will be able to sell em all at even that price.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1921 on: January 04, 2016, 03:08:15 PM »
Finally got my hands on a Poe Dameron 3.75" figure! I'm very happy they made a fully articulated 3.75" figure of him because I sure wasn't buying that awful yellow visor 5 POA figure.

Also for Christmas, 2 of my friends chipped in and bought me a Darth Vader 1/10th scale pre-painted model kit. It also comes with an interchangeable left hand (force choke) and alternate black base. The black base is square, and Vader has magnets on his feet so he stays on. There's another peg on the Cloud City base for a Boba Fett figure as well. I would have never thought about getting this but I'm glad my friends did. It makes an awesome display piece. The only downside is he doesn't come with a lit lightsaber. With the extra peg for Boba Fett I may now have to get him!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:10:08 PM by Goldleaderone »
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1922 on: January 05, 2016, 03:46:56 AM »
It is good to have friends like that. My family and even work friends try so hard to find me something SW I don't have yet and I so appreciate em.

My wife even bought me the vintage Burger King TESB glasses for Christmas. They are so cool. Everyone remember the TANG glasses?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1923 on: January 07, 2016, 02:04:37 PM »
Picked up a six inch asty at a Walmart today.
They had the resistance trooper and the tie pilot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1924 on: January 08, 2016, 03:30:03 AM »
Nice find Clint. I might just get that one myself if I see it on the pegs. On a related note look what was on the porch for me last night courtesy of Entertainment Earth

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1925 on: January 08, 2016, 06:25:19 PM »
Nice find Clint! Any chance they have another? Its been slim pickings here in Rhode Island. I've still only seen one 6 inch Poe around here (which was the one I got).

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1926 on: January 08, 2016, 08:14:38 PM »
That was the only one they had. Wave 1 was back in stock but they did have tie pilots and resistance troopers
"That was 3 days ago"
Need to find me a jango

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1927 on: January 10, 2016, 06:03:14 AM »
I picked up one of the six inch FO Tie Pilots. I even saw the 3.75" TFA Figures on the pegs. Hard to bite on them at 13 bucks though.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #1928 on: January 11, 2016, 08:06:28 PM »
The 3.75 SA TFA figures are the only thing I have bought for a while. I was able to pick up Rey, Finn, and Poe thanks to a tip from Chewie...Aside from that, I haven't seen much of anything new recently. I did spot wave 3 of the titaniums line a few nights ago though.

My currently goal is to get a few droids I missed out on (or wasn't able to build at Disney), and also get a couple vehicles so I can kitbash a custom vehicle over the summer...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1929 on: January 14, 2016, 03:28:05 AM »
Got a 6 inch jango in the mail yesterday by way of the evil bay

This guy is sweet
I added some shots to show size comparisons against the solid boba helmeted head.
Very nice that this head just pops on an aotc clone body
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:30:20 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1930 on: January 14, 2016, 03:33:41 AM »
Wow, that looks great Clint. I am kinda jealous!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1931 on: January 22, 2016, 04:41:17 PM »
Stopped in Target today and got the Titanium First Order TIE Fighter. Still no sign of the Rebel Snowspeeder, A-wing, B-wing, TIEx1. Starting to get a bit frustrating.

Also picked up the Disney Store Titanium Millennium Falcon, Imperial Star Destroyer and Resistance X-wing. A fellow member at Rebelscum posted the Falcon and ISD were back on the Disney Store website. I went right on and bought them, as the Falcon and ISD go for quite a bit on ebay. I was able to get them at retail price.

The Falcon and ISD are both quite heavy. The Falcon's guns and radar dish can move, and it also has an opening ramp. It is just a tad bigger then the Action Fleet and original Titanium Falcon, and a bit lighter then the Titanium version. The ISD makes a great display piece, and the Resistance X-wing has a good weight to it. The wings open and close firmly. Only gripe I have is the landing gear they provided seems a bit flimsy. I lucked out with the X-wing, as the laser cannons weren't warped. Seeing I bought it off the Disney Store website, I wasn't looking at the 'actual' item I was getting, so I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it. Looking forward to getting Poe's X-wing next.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1932 on: January 23, 2016, 06:56:08 AM »
I have the Star Destroyer and AT-AT from this set myself. Nice vehicles. I might have to pick up the Falcon too though. Ordering through disneystore.com is so frustrating if you are a momc guy like me. They have only shipped well to me a couple of times. Normally my order is just crushed.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1933 on: January 23, 2016, 01:23:00 PM »
I have the Star Destroyer and AT-AT from this set myself. Nice vehicles. I might have to pick up the Falcon too though. Ordering through disneystore.com is so frustrating if you are a momc guy like me. They have only shipped well to me a couple of times. Normally my order is just crushed.

I agree Tamer. When I first ordered from there, my Vader TIE had broken wings. The replacement they sent, the box was crushed. Its hit or miss with them.

A few more pickups for me: Action Fleet Classic Duels TIE Interceptor vs. Millennium Falcon, boxed, from ebay. Stopped in Toys R Us today and got Poe's black X-wing, Titanium TIE Inquisitor and Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle (black version). Haven't seen much of the later waves but I seem to be getting them sporadically.

Everyone's freaking out about the snow and going to the grocery store, and here I am going to Toys R Us haha.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:25:07 PM by Goldleaderone »

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #1934 on: January 24, 2016, 11:01:42 AM »
I've been tempted several times to get those Disney ships, but I can't afford to collect another line. :/