Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 383715 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #1905 on: November 21, 2015, 06:07:46 PM »
Wow, that Spacetrooper was a steal. I got in some of the FO Snowtroopers today from an Amazon story I put on the fp the other day, pristine.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1906 on: November 21, 2015, 06:34:25 PM »

Yes it's not much but a Spacetrooper for $2.80 off of ebay is something to be happy about

Sure is a great deal well done mate.

Ron

Offline Skirata2012

• Ensign
  • I have inside jokes with complete strangers
« Reply #1907 on: November 21, 2015, 08:30:04 PM »
Ty guys it's a good time to build that Imperial Army up lol , but im really lookin forward to when the FO Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren start showing up in 3.75 Black Series in my area seem em on ebay lately but its mostly in New York and Canada for a outrageous price

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1908 on: November 22, 2015, 04:27:37 AM »
Yes the new case assortments for the black series look good. It will be nice to get these figures with articulation.

I almost forgot, I picked up a 3.75" Captain Phasma for my daughter yesterday. I hated buying 5 poa, but she said that was the size she liked.

Offline Skirata2012

• Ensign
« Reply #1909 on: November 22, 2015, 01:32:15 PM »
So I have been hesitant to buy any of the The Rebel Series figures due to the lack of articulation but than the bug hit me with a cheap auction and picked up Kanan  which led to Zeb which now has me tracking down the rest. So today was doing some Christmas shopping for the niece/nephew and stumbled upon this beauty

*Side Note*seen the Fo Snowtroopers and man do they look good Tamer

Offline Skirata2012

• Ensign
« Reply #1910 on: November 25, 2015, 02:36:13 PM »
So today after running to Athens to get some Oven Bags for the Turkey on my way out I went buy just for the heck of it and boy am I glad I did

Athens Georgia the new 3.75 wave has been found!!!!

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #1911 on: November 26, 2015, 03:14:43 PM »
Early morning Thanksgiving Day run to WalMart yielded wings, what nots and.......Kylo Ren and First Order Stormtroopers!......

Offline Skirata2012

• Ensign
« Reply #1912 on: November 27, 2015, 08:03:39 AM »
Nice Find bdc

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1913 on: November 28, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »
Cool glad to hear you folks are finding the walmart exclusive 3.75" Figs. Time to go put some of this on the front page!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1914 on: November 30, 2015, 03:54:42 PM »
One Toys R Us and three Targets later..

This was the only Poe on the shelf, and not even 2 minutes later some guy came in the isle and said "Oh nice they got a new shipment." He goes through the figures, glances over at me, then back to the figures. I was walking away very hastily at that point.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1915 on: December 01, 2015, 04:13:40 AM »
The early bird gets the worm. Good score.

I got in my Art Fx Koto Snowtrooper Two Pack (very nice)

and

My EE Exclusive Imperial Forces 4 Pack (also very nice).

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #1916 on: December 05, 2015, 02:12:03 AM »
Hello folks. After years of posting in the Graphic Fiction section here on the Shipyards, I've finally decided to start doing what I've always wanted to do as a hobby - collect Star Wars figures. I work for a retailer here in the UK and they recently gave us a 20% discount for the Christmas period and...well...I went a little crazy on the new Force Awakens stuff.

Bought lots of the new figures, and even a couple of vehicles (Poe's Black X-Wing fighter was too much to resist...) and I'm eagerly looking for new places to try and find the ones I'm missing from my fledgling collection. I was wondering if there are any collectors on the Shipyards from the UK who might be able to give a few tips on the best places they've been able to find some of the more elusive figures?

I'm particularly keen to get my hands on X-Wing Pilot Asty - my Poe Dameron figures need a squadmate! And a Captain Phasma to join Kylo Ren and General Hux, but I wouldn't be surprised if she remains evasive unless I shell out the extra dollar to get her off eBay.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1917 on: December 06, 2015, 05:11:09 AM »
Great to hear Kualan and if you don't mind me shipping loose (I can send a priority mail international bubble envelope for $16) I sure don't mind helping out.

On my own finds, I stopped by walmart last night and found the new wave 2. I was able to come home with one each of Kylo Renn and the First Order Stormtrooper. Gonna have to have multiples of that Trooper I think. He was right beside the regular version (5poa) and looked so much better.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #1918 on: December 06, 2015, 11:23:42 AM »
Great to hear Kualan and if you don't mind me shipping loose (I can send a priority mail international bubble envelope for $16) I sure don't mind helping out.

On my own finds, I stopped by walmart last night and found the new wave 2. I was able to come home with one each of Kylo Renn and the First Order Stormtrooper. Gonna have to have multiples of that Trooper I think. He was right beside the regular version (5poa) and looked so much better.

Sounds awesome.

I managed to find a couple of good, UK-based websites for ordering figures and they seem like reliable businesses. The sort that are run by fans for the fans. Have a Pilot Asty on order and the First Order Legion 7-pack should be with me in two days so I'm very happy as that includes a Captain Phasma.

And yeah you're totally right - that FO Stormtrooper is definitely multiple material. Need lots of cannon fodder for our new generation of rebels to shoot at!

I'm still mulling over whether to keep them all in the boxes or use them for dioramas and stuff. I know they'll keep their value a lot longer if they stay boxed, but the itch to create dioramas and setpieces with them is growing - and will no doubt get itchier once the film is out!

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #1919 on: December 12, 2015, 05:17:06 AM »
Today's Star Wars haul. No, no action figures, but some boxes, bedding, place sets and coffee cups.
KODI exclusives: http://www.kodi.de/chronik/kw51/
Thanks to the good wife who's eligible to the employee discount.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf