Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 391232 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2730 on: March 22, 2020, 12:28:56 AM »
Just re-checked her wrists - both nice and tight. I think for $20 or less, Hasbro gave us an incredible figure - AND likeness! Don’t know why they have been struggling with female head sculpts - especially faces - so hard over the last two decades...

Yeah, people go crazy. There’s much to learn about mankind these days! The seller told me he bought the figures just recently. Two of them are from real,- (read Walmart) so he might’ve gotten them with special discount for 8-12€ instead of 26,95€. He needed space for the 12 other figures he just  bought last week. At least that’s what he told me. I’m super stocked with these! The sad part about it: they’re much cheaper than TVC figures now...even new & sealed...

And the roll of toilet paper they came with was probably his statement to all the people buying truck loads of it at the moment. I had to laugh really hard when I opened the package. I mean he could’ve just used newspaper or kitchen towel instead. Anyway - I’m happy & wish you a great Sunday!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2731 on: March 22, 2020, 07:02:20 AM »
Glad to see folks are still finding things.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2732 on: March 22, 2020, 11:18:57 PM »
DARTH MORE, glad you got a good Padme. I got mine $4 @ WalMart when they cleared out for FF-III so I wasn't that mad, because like you said TBS is cheaper than TVC 😵 sooo I'm sure I'll find another eventually.

Walgreens still gets figures. Problem is that it depends on location. One has the same ESB HAN for a year(?) and nothing else. While others get a case in and it basically disappears instantly. In my parts we never got that damn OBI-WAN GENERAL but many stores keep getting the Beckett/lando disguise case over and over. Marvel legends seem to move in and out much faster.

I understand you frustration over Holdo, I feel exactly the same. It was just a waste of... Everything... As you stated. Probably why I love TROS so much! 😉  I did get her $7 @ best buy. Even told the clerk "I'm only getting it because of price... Purple woke lady is not SW" we both had a laugh. I opened her up with my dad as a joke and he pointed out how nice of a figure it actually was... Even at 63yrs and "not" a SW fan he was correct. Its very nicely crafted. I was honestly surprised. I would've NEVER made that figure but sorta glad to have it.

That VOS I still need. Along with NEST swoop, MOLOCH  and that sweet HAN MUD TROOPER (want a dozen lol). I get soo behind on collecting stuff since I refuse to pay MSRP, adding to a vast collection not even on display!
So I've learned to just trust the force and let it just provide for me. Kinda fun to be a scavenger like Rey 😉. With the pandemic I'm just done shopping/hunting... Took it as a sign. Just been reading all the marvel comics digitally (modern, 2015-NOW) and going to focus on customs/curation instead of adding more junk.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2733 on: March 23, 2020, 05:38:50 PM »
Got an amazon exclusive Black series phase 1 Clone captain? In the mail today. The eBay seller had several, must have army built something in the set.
That exclusive set of 4 phase 2 clones sure has skyrocketed in value. I wish I would have picked one of those up.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 05:40:47 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2734 on: March 24, 2020, 05:58:48 AM »
Nice Clint. I know I have some of the six inch Clones. I know I don't have them all. Gonna have to have that new Bly coming out though.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2735 on: March 28, 2020, 03:07:46 PM »
Saturday Mail Call!

Got a great surprise package from the always awesome sgcaper of Joe Customs!

Thanks for the much wanted Disney park droid! It made my day after a grueling shift :)
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2736 on: April 01, 2020, 03:16:26 AM »
Awesome additions to your collections Clint and Dan! Didn’t even know about this Droid before. Looks like a T3 unit from KotOR.
I also hope Hasbro will give us many more Clones in The Black Series.

A friend of mine sold me four Republic Commandos for 5€ each and a MH Battle Droid for 4€ back in January. He didn’t exaggerate when he said they were “worn & torn”. Never had arm joints that are SO loose & flimsy. They’ll become custom Commandos featured in my BFII thread:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?PHPSESSID=87b0f983919867864d40660f8c2eb31b&topic=10513.0

Also my latest order from tunghori arrived in NO time - 6 days from Hongkong to Germany - during Corona crisis - I’m impressed! And very happy to have those now!

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?PHPSESSID=87b0f983919867864d40660f8c2eb31b&topic=6995.msg217336#msg217336

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2737 on: April 01, 2020, 09:01:02 AM »
Noice lot! I still haven't gotten any of the Mando wave, except for the ITT that came today from Amazon. I don't know why I thought I could make a display diorama with this using my case of Stormtroopers dismounting. Clearly I underestimated the size. So I'll have to accomplish my dream of making a table top diorama, and put all my troops and vehicles on it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2738 on: April 01, 2020, 09:10:02 AM »
Nice to see folks still finding things. I am trying to decide what all of the new stuff I want. I am gonna have to get creative with what collecting space I still have.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2739 on: April 02, 2020, 03:42:48 AM »
Nice score on the RCs
Need to get me one of them 3.75 mandos

Picked up this Force spirit Yoda at a Walmart yesterday
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 06:05:19 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2740 on: April 02, 2020, 06:54:31 AM »
Nice Clint. I so need to pick one of those up. I guess they are gonna have one a vintage card too, well not the spirit yoda but the regular one we picked up a few years ago.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2741 on: April 08, 2020, 03:09:53 PM »
Wednesday Mail Call!

My ShopDisney.com and Brickwarriors orders arrived!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:29:09 PM by The Spectre »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2742 on: April 10, 2020, 05:12:57 AM »
Finally found these two on clearance at an out of the way Walmart yesterday.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2743 on: April 10, 2020, 06:58:50 AM »
Great finds Clint. So wish I could find a skiff at that price. I need to go check the amazon price.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2744 on: April 14, 2020, 04:36:18 AM »
Great finds gentlemen! The skiff is a great value for $25 - almost a steal for the quality you get! It's about 70€ (~$78) here in Germany. Force spirit Yoda looks nice, too! The ghost effect is well done.
Also nice Droid Factory Set, Dan! Love all the colors! Di$ney is quite a dick when it comes to their new droids...glad you have D-O now!

Here's what I found last week:

TVC Snaggletooth is found once in a while - mostly in sets of different figures which were played with - in the bay...check out how I repainted him & let me know if you have any use for the other three TCW figures: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10186.msg218047#msg218047

This was a local find. Picked up two more LEGO Star Wars sets in that area on Thursday and think these are great to finally do some more custom vehicles! Could fix the BARC Speeder with hot water, the Naboo Sarfighter even came with an Astromech, which I didn't have and know before. New mold from 2013's MH line? Box, all instruction sheets and even the stickers are included. 30€ for all of those was a great deal! Could sell the N1 for 20€ and the droid for 5€ again.
Check out my custom vehicles here: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10165.msg197226#msg197226

Found those online, too. With the latest series of The Mandalorian I think we're all hyped for more Mando action! I know these Mandos are Pretty rare and cost about $30-40 if complete. There was another fodder of accessories including their backpacks, but I wasn't quick enough. Let me know if you need any of their parts! It's almost too expensive to use them for customs, but otherwise I will just repaint them.

The Jet Trooper will be repainted today! Check out my latest Clone custom, which I painted yesterday:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10513.msg218114#msg218114

- Philipp   
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 04:44:06 AM by Darth More »