Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 391202 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #1845 on: August 09, 2015, 12:43:56 PM »
Hmm.. the auction must have ended. I wanted the X-wing before and I had to wait for him to repost it. I'd give it a day or 2 and check again. I'll keep checking as well. They also got an AT-ST up as well.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1846 on: August 10, 2015, 03:59:24 PM »
Well I got one of my Bandai Tie Fighters today. I had bought one two weeks ago with free shipping, and I'm still waiting for that. Then Saturday I got fed up and bought one on Amazon prime and got that one today. I believe I payed the same price. But I guess "prime" means in stock warehoused at an Amazon facility? But the first one I could have chosen expedited shipping for $14 more. So my advice to anyone interested in Bandai models to wait until it's available on prime. This is why I never pre-order, if I just wait for it to become available I end up getting it faster. I pre-ordered a Han Tauntaun over a month ago and I'm still waiting. Never again!

So I have a pretty cool idea for this one. I'll make a neat little display for it. The construction looks very simple. The decals look fragile I may just paint the windows instead.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:31:14 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1847 on: August 11, 2015, 06:49:09 AM »
Nice, those Bandai Kits are really getting my fancy lately.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1848 on: August 12, 2015, 05:53:14 PM »
That TIE Fighter kit looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing it put together.

Speaking of TIEs, I picked up another Action Fleet TIE.  The custom I was working on for my The Force Awakens TIE wasn't coming out right. It had some yellowing to it, which is why I tried to customize it to try to save it. The paint wasn't coming out right on one wing, it was all blotchy. Hopefully I don't run into the same problem. I recently sold something on ebay, so that covered my purchase, but I had to pay the difference which was 36 cents lol.

Also, the Action Fleet Falcon I picked up about a week and a half ago - I mentioned it came with the correct Han & Chewie figures but no missile. I went through my bin of Action Fleet parts and I had a spare red missile which was a perfect fit, so I got that going for me at least lol.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:56:38 PM by Goldleaderone »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1849 on: August 12, 2015, 07:20:54 PM »
  Good stuff GL1. Too bad about the TFA custom you did that was pretty cool. Hopefully you can fix it.

The Bandai TIE Fighter is a great kit. The color is a little light, plus I don't like bare plastic sheen, so I just went ahead and painted it, with Tamiya dark sea grey. Anyone new to painting should know that Tamiya is THE absolute best, especially if your a novice. Tamiya paint has a nice viscosity and covers very well, without gumming up, or blotching.  The kit comes with an option of water slide decals or stickers. The stickers are actually quite good, but a little difficult to remove from the paper. It also has a "glass" option. The original ILM models did not have glass windshields because of the glare. Personally I like them better without glass. The construction could not be any easier, at the same time everything is tight and looks great, even with my crummy paint job. I don't plan on weathering it, because its an imperial ship they're usually clean and its small scale very easy to over do it.

I got my second TIE Fighter today, now all I need is my Vader TIE. I think with just a few cuts I can kitbash a TIE Interceptor with the two kits. With the paint its a hard decision. The tie fighters had a light paint but in TESB and ROTJ they colored them in post production, because the blue paint would not have worked against the bluescreen. I personally like the light color but the kit is just too light.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:16:31 PM by JDeck »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1850 on: August 18, 2015, 12:27:47 PM »
No pickups for me recently, I stopped at a nearby Target and everything that wasn't Lego Star Wars was completely blown out. I guess they must be getting ready for Force Friday. I saw this display though and wanted to share it. I didn't know exactly where to post this, but Tamer I instantly thought of you when I saw it.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #1851 on: August 18, 2015, 02:31:25 PM »
I got a Mosep and pack of Jawas last week from my Walmart, as well as the first Mosep I ordered on Amazon. They're definitely worth the money!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1852 on: August 18, 2015, 03:51:58 PM »
  I got my Bandai 1/72 Y-wing today from Amazon.:) very cool. Very detailed. Tons of parts. The Y-wing is my favorite fighter, just because it looks cool, with the missing panels, exposed mechanics and big guns.
   I would have gotten my advanced TIE yesterday, but I've been working late these days wasn't able to sign for it. Then today I got off work too late to pick it up, but I'll get it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:20:39 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1853 on: August 19, 2015, 03:08:08 AM »
GL1, I saw that LEGO Set at a target while on vacation this summer, makes me wonder if they set it out early. Neat stuff LEGO, but I just can't start another line even though its awesome.

Has anyone seen any TFA Stuff yet? With all the stuff hitting I figured a Yarder would have made a score by now!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1854 on: August 19, 2015, 12:14:24 PM »
Picked up a tj maxx transport today.
They had a whole case of them.
While all were marked at 19.99, mine had an additional discount tacked on it because the seal had been broken on one end, I suppose.
It was complete inside.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:49:50 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1855 on: August 19, 2015, 04:55:53 PM »
Great deal Clint. Gonna have to post on that one in the morning.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #1856 on: August 19, 2015, 05:19:30 PM »
TRU is clearancing the 31" Rebels Inquisitor figure for $9.99
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #1857 on: August 20, 2015, 07:43:08 PM »
I didn't pick up the ITT at retail because it's so underscaled, but for $16 it would be hard to pass up!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1858 on: September 04, 2015, 11:58:09 AM »
Happy Force Friday guys! So glad I took my afternoon job off. Here are my pickups.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1859 on: September 04, 2015, 01:13:27 PM »
Here is my haul
Decided to let titaniums wait till later
Target had one case of six inchers and the walmart I went to had like 4 cases.