Author Topic: X-Wing Alliance - SEASON ONE - Chapters 1-12  (Read 58936 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: X-Wing Alliance the Web-Comic - ***OPINION NEEDED***05/08/10
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »
Gwest, you have confirmed my own thoughts...

I think I will start releasing chapters as whole stories in themselves rather than in serial form...It will take longer for me to complete a chapter, but I think it'll be worth it...

Anyhow, we'll see how it goes. Here is the teaser for the next chapter...it's about 2 weeks away...

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:54:10 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline gwest

• Lieutenant
Re: X-Wing Alliance the Web-Comic - Chapter 10 teaser posted...04/08/10
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2010, 11:17:25 AM »
It's all about the story.

You can't (well you shouldn't) rush greatness!

Take your time, I'm a patient person.

Best of luck.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »
I am with Gwest.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2010, 04:44:32 PM »
I'll take it however you wanna give it, Big Daddy. Long or short, it's all good. We are talking about the web comic, right?

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
X-Wing Alliance Chapter10 - Bacta Double-Cross
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2010, 05:01:40 AM »

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: X-Wing Alliance - Chapter 10 Bacta Double-Cross **ISY Premiere 10/08/10**
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2010, 06:06:13 AM »
bloody awesome! mate and woohoo! i see R5 ! (altho you changed his designation ,but i'll fix that in the directory buddy) ;)
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline gwest

• Lieutenant
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2010, 11:16:25 AM »
WOW!!!

Love the Toydarian!

But, what I'm confused about is, you keep saying you need more time and then...BLAM a new chapter appears!  Now, I live in a 24 hour day.  Do you have more hours in a day than I do?

I really love this photo-web novel!  It takes a great deal of self control to not be screeching like some 14 year old girl watching a "Twilight" movie.

Can't wait for the next part.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2010, 06:08:12 AM »
Wooooo Hooooo! what an awesome chapter! Way to throw a twist into the plot, great call on the doublecross. Gwest I know how you feel, I was just screeching! Jules I also loved the little rasta colored bands holding the conduit in one shot of the ships interior. Freakin' awesome read my friend!Thanks so much!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2010, 07:12:20 PM »
man that is one hell of a chapter,awesome!!!!

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2010, 08:29:18 PM »
You could actually charge viewers to check out your work; it really is that bloody good! You are a gifted storyteller, my friend. It really is an honor to view your work. You really should be charging for this.
When the powers- that- be eventually construct The Customizers Hall of Fame, and they dedicate the main hall to you, and you actually begin to receive the respect you deserve, I will truly be satisfied. I swear, Mr. Jules, you have to be the most well rounded talent this hobby has ever seen. I mean, sure, there are the elite who can do alot of things (Figures, dios, vehicles), but who does all that PLUS some of the best photo novel work known to mankind? No one that I know, or at least not equal to your level of perfection.
There is sooo much that goes into these photo novels that many can't even begin to fathom. Story writing, computer enhancements, producing/ directing/ casting ( Seriously, you produce the sets, direct the shots and the way the story is presented, and cast the characters from various customs), set designer, lighting director, editor, and so much more.
Your work makes George Lucas look like a blithering idiot. No offense to Mr. Lucas, but you've taken his vision, and ran with it to a place that captures our imagination and tantilizes the senses. I loved your story progression. You're a bloody genius, mate.
You are my candidate for Customizer of the Decade. I challenge others to find a better person/ immortal/ saviour/ divine creator for this honor. I'm just kidding, people. Don't bother trying. It would be a waste of time. You'll never find a better candidate than our Customizing  Lord and Saviour, Sir Jules of  Heaven.

Thank you, for all that you do.

r1bb1t

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2010, 03:52:02 AM »
Gwest, R1, Spry, Wraith, Lux, thanks so much for your reply's. This project is very time consuming and I sometimes find mysefl wondering why I do it, it's not just a hobby, part of it is an ego thing, I've always been a bit of a crowd pleaser, (you should have seen me when I DJ'd in clubs and Raves, but that's another story, and another life) and knowing that there are people out there who enjoy looking at my work as such a huge buzz, even if there are only a few of you, it makes it all worthwhile.

The next chapter will see the end of the first full Episode, and will see some real drama. It will also be my 1st attempt at quite a large Space Battle, so it will possibly take a bit of time to complete, then there will be a brief interlude as I  really want to get back into creating images for site members for a while. 

Thanks once again guys, it's great to have you on board.

Jules

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2010, 05:11:35 AM »
This was a great chapter Jules. It is nice to see good action in every Chapter. It is nice to see the Azzameens on the rebel side. It also makes me wonder what Rebel heroes we might see them meet!

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2010, 01:17:29 AM »
this was another great chapter mate i think while Shawn and Pat are at CV they should pass on some of your work around (Lucas Games, Dark Horse etc...)  you never know what might become of it you deserve it mate you truly do!!! keep up the awesome work that you do

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2010, 03:18:20 AM »
CC,  Granted I have some good ideas, and have a passion and I am also fairly proficient at using Photoshop but I am not really that talented compared to the illustrators, writers and artists who are already out there, I can only dream of being as good as some of the comic-book artists I've seen...

You have to remember that this is not an original story and a lot of the background art and almost all of the spacecraft are either images found on-line or from the game itself..I have merely tweaked, touched-up and re-arranged the  images to suit.

I do appreciate your comment though, and I am also glad that you enjoy what I produce. 

Jules

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2010, 11:23:47 AM »
Nice work Jules- very polished material.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us