Author Topic: COLLECTERS CALL TO ARMS  (Read 2956 times)

Offline nerfherder76

• correllien actio hero
  • Cadet
    • nerfherer76 youtube account
COLLECTERS CALL TO ARMS
« on: June 05, 2010, 12:47:40 AM »
after a chat with jay/wraithnine we both arrived on the point that drastic action needs to be taken to get the right figures on pegs ie case assignments  and generating reatailer intrest esecially in the uk as i carnt speak for the usa. so i'm asking each and everyone to get our voices heard  email hasbro telling them of your difficutly obtaining figures  or  that there is a vast majority of main charactors on pegs  if you know or have contact with a retailer ask them to email or give you a short blerb as regards to there situation if we all reach out and touch  (not strangle) however tempting it may be  hasbro will have to listen so no matter were you are email call whatever let em see how much we care about our hobby . even for us brits email call  your local major supermarket chain and ask weather they plan to stock the vintage line  and show them there is intrest out there  and  that they shouldt just stock the current big thing ie iron man 2 .and i ask the powers that be to change  future q&a's tfrom what figures are comming out etc to case assignments and how they intend to generate retailer intrest in the uk  and if you can persuade the other collectors sites to do the same we could actualy get them to realise that somthing neds to be done they'l repack no matter what so lets concentrate on getting ALL  figures on pegs and in decent amouts world wide  lol  i know thise post may be long winded and a bit of a ramble but please take and do all you can

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: COLLECTERS CALL TO ARMS
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 03:00:47 AM »
here here karl ...well said
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:19:58 AM »
I'm in........ ;)

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 01:34:25 PM »
4 already including me guys  ;)

Offline SithLord229

• Lieutenant
  • "Fire the big boob nipple gun!"
    • Star Wars Figure Reviews
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 03:28:33 AM »
YES!

"Give yourself to the Dark Side"- http://www.YouTube.com/SithLord229

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 02:14:17 PM »
we need to update this problem again,for it's now 2011 and were still having the same problems here in the US.I'm tired of seeing 50 of the same clone trooper.so i would like for anyone who reads this to email hasbro and tell them the problem,cause i know I'm not the only one here having trouble finding their favorite figures in the stores.thanx,keep collecting and may the force be with you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:00:25 PM by JediMindtrix »

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 05:13:20 PM »
I was just chatting with Jay about this, too, and I completely agree.

"Well, I mean some things, like saying they can't help figure distribution.  They should have better contact with their retailers, and say that certain figures should be on shelves by certain dates.  (I understand they have older figs that haven't sold, but, those that haven't probably won't...)  We wouldn't have to rely on sightings, then, to tell us when a figure is going to be out..."

Figure distribution in the US, is fair, but I'm not saying it couldn't be better...  We do have the right to fair and rapid figure distribution, but with a multinational corporation such as Hasbro, we all have to get involved.  It is possible, it just has to be done from every corner of the globe. Write their retailers, spread the word so others can do the same, to, and when we have everyone's voice chiming in, change will come.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 05:25:25 PM »
One thing that might help us all out is now we will have new movie years starting in FEB. with TPM so hopefully that means the brick and mortar stores will be willing to set up dedicated displays as they seem to cater to current movie release toys.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 01:13:53 PM »
with the release of the blu-ray i went to my local retailers expecting to find some of the new figures,and they had those boxed sets of figures,and some displays stands with some figures,but the new vintage line emperor was nowhere to be found neither was the magna guard and all the other more rare figures.i already own them,but i know people still looking for them.I'm sure I'll have to order bastilla shan online and end up paying 30$ for her like i did with the gamorrean gaurd.let down :'(

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 07:34:06 PM »
What needs to happen is for Hasbro to grab WalMart's corporate toy-buyer by the throat and explain that if each store only gets one case of figures other than the waves that hit at Christmas time, then you can count on a lack of sales.  WalMart's buyer needs to understand - in a visceral "I can't breathe" way - that TVC, TCW, and Saga Legends are different lines with different target demographics just as surely as Spiderman, Iron Man, and Captain America are different lines.  In return, Hasbro needs to understand that packing one of each fig into a case is poor distribution.  Tell you what, Hasbro, stop trying to make 6 new figures per wave - make three and pack four of each into the case.  We'll effing make you FILTHY RICH because you'll be getting us the figures we WANT and in the NUMBERS that mean we can ALL buy figures.

Oh, and STOP WITH THE VADERS!  imo.  :)  Cool new figures - like RFT, Bom Vimden, ARC Commander, General Calrissian - are gonna sell a lot harder and faster than YAJ. (Yet Another Jedi)

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 11:05:16 PM »
:-X the truth is,anything Hasbro does will be aimed at kids first and formost.collectors are just a small portion of the actuall market for Hasbro.Q:anybody know what the highest selling figure in the Star Wars verse is right now?A:Clones!so they'll most likely be packed in a case more then any other figure.I went to my local wal-mart and found nothing but clones on the shelf.it was only recently,when I asked the manager to bring in TVC figures,that I finally got what I was looking for in that line.so if you are having trouble finding a certain figure,sometimes it pays off just to ask them to help you.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:59:25 AM by JediMindtrix »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 06:34:21 AM »
Doc I couldn't agree more!