Author Topic: Naloomi's Workshop  (Read 1372 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Naloomi's Workshop
« on: May 23, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »
Nal is throwing a sale!!  Straight from his website:

Sale Announcement
May 20th, 2010

Naloomi’s Workshop needs to get some new hardware for the business due to a recent mishap. To help do this he is offering a sale on everything in the store until the end of May.

All orders over $30 are 20% off if you use the coupon code ‘laptop’.

There is no limit to this sale. You can use the code as many times as you wish until May 31st, 2010.

Enjoy, and thanks for the help!!!

Chris (Nal) is a good guy and very interested in his customers.  I've made use of his services and products more than once and YOUBETCHA I'm adding stuff into my cart right now.  If you guys have been following some of my test-shots, you've seen some of the Hirst Arts mold pieces I've been playing with.  You can get some of them from Nal!  You owe it to your dio's to GO LOOK!!!  He does quality work.  You won't be disappointed!

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
Re: Naloomi's Workshop
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »
could you psot a link to his site?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 04:51:55 AM »
Boy, am *I* an idiot!!   ;D

http://www.nalsworkshop.com

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:12:25 AM »
Well, I pulled the trigger on my order from Nal just now.  Totaled up to just over $40, but the sale got it for $32 (plus shipping).  Here's what I ordered:

Coffin Stand
Dragon Brazier
HA092 - Sand Blasted Pyramid
HA093 - Egyptian Tower
HA094 - Egyptian Temple
HA095 - Egyptian Basic Block
HA099 - Egyptian Fountain Accessory
HA200 - Wall Builder
HA250 - Small Brick
HA300 - Station Builder
HA320 - 5/8" Pipe
HA321 - 3/8" Pipe
Med Lab Interior - Main Pillar
Sci-Fi Barrels - Set of 10
Starship Interior - Power Nodes

The items marked by HA### are "one-casts" - basically, Nal fills his mold with plaster once and you get the blocks.  This is ideal if you want to try out the blocks from a particular mold before buying the entire thing or if you only need a few pieces from the mold.  The other items are bits of terrain that have been built using primarily HirstArts blocks but that Nal then made into a single piece and cast whole.  They are scaled for 28mm wargame mini's, but in a lot of cases, they look just fine next to action fig's.

I'm evaluating the Egyptian blocks for suitability in Mos Eisley type dio's, so y'all get to see how those come out.  The blocks in the "Wall Builder" cast look like they scale out a little bigger than cinder blocks and the "Small Bricks" measure out to almost exact scale size for standard bricks.

If you want to see what the HirstArts blocks can do for your dioramas, I humbly  ;D  suggest you get busy and order some from Nal.  Remember, use the code "laptop" during the Order Confirmation stage to get 20% off your order.  And telling him OutlandStation sent you would be nice, even tho I don;t get anything out of it!