Author Topic: Life at Sprywalker Ranch  (Read 12629 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Life at Sprywalker Ranch
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 06:27:22 PM »
LOL. Haven't heard that in awhile. I stayed on base. I was just a young pup in the RDG. We weren't allowed to stay more than a few hours away from base anyhow and I saved all my coin for cars and gals, that little gal in the Outer Banks got a lot of it, as did my 83 Berlinetta. Ah, the good ole days.  The gal turned out to be trouble as did the car, but life in the fast lane sure did seem fun at the time and I have mostly good memories of it. 

Back to the real subject, that would stink if the house were hit. I didn't know they woudln't let your rebuild if a hurricane gets it. I know ocean front has some crazy rules sometimes though. Once again, stay safe. I will check this thread in the morning to see if you came through everything ok. I am assuming by tomorrow morning sometime the storm will be past if 3am tonight it is supposed to hit. I bet their isn't a sheet of plywood to be found in your entire area.

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 07:16:04 PM »
Good luck buddy stay safe move down to sw Texas donrt ever have to worry about hurricanes tornadoes mosoons blizzards man I just realized this is a pretty safe place if you like dust and 7 inches of rain a year.Check up on you tomorrow!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 06:06:31 AM »
Thanks for the concern guys. The storm stayed over the ocean and ran up the coast. Luckily it kept wobbling to the east so all we got was some wind and rain, no flooding, YAY! Some flooding at the OBX but mainly in Hattaras that is a little further away from Nags Head where we are staying starting tomorrow. All I have are a few sticks and limbs to pick up and we are all set.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 01:57:09 PM »
It is good to hear it wasn't that bad. I guess it is bearing down on Ocean City now. I used to live down there. Hope it stays east. Have fun this weekend.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 06:05:48 PM »
What a whirlwind life is. Yesterday my 17 yr old son came home and told me a friend of his had died that afternoon in a car accident. He was hit on the drivers side by a tractor trailer. There were 2 others in the car and they are still in the hospital. Today a good friend of mine lost his daughter to SMA. She struggled for years and they have almost lost her several times. So I am glad she is no longer in pain but it still does not make it easy for her family. We got some good news yesterday that an acquaintance, and she worked with my mom, had her baby after trying for years and finally getting invetro fertilization. She had a boy and held him for just about 24 hrs befor she got a blood clot that caused her death. I have never experienced such an unbelievable amount of bad news in the last 24 hrs. This really is a reality check for me and making me want to really get in some quality family time. Never take anything for granted,live life to the fullest and let the ones you love know how you feel.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 08:09:40 PM »
Wow, you have had some bad news lately.  My condolences all around.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 10:56:41 PM »
so many sad stories... I am deeply concerned.

And I can only second your words to live life to the fullest and care about your families and friends and tell them how much you love 'em.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 01:24:51 AM »
thats terrible  !    i can relate my wifes 2nd cousin who is in her twenties has just been given 6 months to live     2010 is truly turning out to be the year everyone cant wait to see the back of . i have totally had enough of this year......
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 06:30:34 PM »
L.E. talk about having one of those weeks. I am sad for you! I do totally agree on the family time focus though. We should all take a wake up call from such a week as you  have had to focus on what matters most, our loved ones.

My wife has been dealing with an ailing grandfather and I can associate on how precarious life seems to be sometimes.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »
Geez, LE, that is a pack of bad news.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 08:11:28 AM »
Guys, sorry but my time here will be even more limited for a while. My computer is down and I will be able to take it in for repairs tomorrow and not sure when I will be picking it up. I will be able to check in once a day and that is about it. Jules if you see this, I took the photos for you but was unable to send the Friday when this happened.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 07:40:18 AM »
still no computer! and I had the flu for 5 days during Christmas! This is not how I wanted to end this year! Man, what a rough month!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 09:22:01 AM »
know how you feel, but things can only get better!
happy holidays and a happy new year, my friend! :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 04:46:42 PM »
Wow L.E.,

Sounds like me last xmas. I sure hope you do get to feeling better because I do agree with you being sick is no fun at all anytime, let alone the holidays.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 11:26:44 PM »
mate that sucks i hope you get better soon  and have a happy and prosperous new year .
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms