Author Topic: the old and the new  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Project-Durge

• Lieutenant
  • "I will sharpen my teeth upon this boy's bones!"
the old and the new
« on: May 10, 2010, 03:53:34 PM »
here will be reviews of  the old comics and the new comics of star wars.

Offline Project-Durge

• Lieutenant
Re: the old and the new
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »
the first one to be reviewed here will be the Star Wars Purge.

First impression: At first glance it look just like a redo  of the cover of a different star wars purge.     

Art work:  The art work in this book is just spectacular in the least. All the picture in this comic look like a blend between photo and art. The Clone troopers  in the beginning are quite real looking in the least.

Story: the story starts in a large scale fight between the native people of an imperial planet. The story continues in a large fight then peace pattern. However the story is anything but dull.

Offline Project-Durge

• Lieutenant
Star Wars Tales of the Jedi 1#
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 04:30:05 PM »

First  Impression: The  cover art for me is hard to look at. The blend of red and white make the bright cover bright and vivid. But the Jedi standing there is a marvel of detail.

Artwork: the art here is classic comic style not to real but at the same time not cartooned. the attention to detail in the lightsabers are perfect. The character in this comic could be an interesting star wars custom. Seven out of ten for art work.

Story: The story take place 100,000,000 after the discovery of hyperspace . Telling anything more of the story gives away the ending.   

Offline Project-Durge

• Lieutenant
STAR WARS dROIDS 1#
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 01:37:24 PM »

FIRST IMPRESSION: The cover art here is much more detailed then the comic itself.  This can have a mixed affect depending on what you like in a comic.
                                                                                                           xwing
 ART: the art style here is muck more cartooned than any thing else with less attention to detail.

STORY: the story here is weak and in a time period of who knows when. This is confusing when you read it. in the end the comic is more for collecting and rarity.       

Offline Project-Durge

• Lieutenant
STAR WARS jedi vs sith 1#
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 04:42:40 PM »

FIRST IMPRESSION: The cover art is the same art used in the comic.

ART:  the art here is  use fine and bulky lines to outline the characters. the style here is not to real ore cartooned.

STORY: the story take place during the time of Darth Bane. The story is  firm with the book. It also enplanes thing that were not in the book.
                                                              10/10