Author Topic: Padmes Character  (Read 1558 times)

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
Padmes Character
« on: April 19, 2010, 06:25:43 PM »
Hellooo fellow troopers , im back ,  so i ve been watching clone wars and ep1  ( who hasnt?)    and i think padmes way of thinking ia bit off, if u remeber 10 years ago naboo was attacked by the trad feds and many gungas died and people were starving bla bla bla , why the hell who she be opposed to a republic army????????? if the clones existed back then nothing of that wouldve happened ,if it wasnt for the force naboo right now wouldve been enslaved to the cis .  now with the clones created shes pushing to cut back in creating new clones cuz it will prolong the war! excuse me miss but less clones and more droid means CIS wins RETARD!!!!!!!! and possibly the death of anakin her HUSBAND!!! i think  the writers including george screwed up her psychological thinking. she has the most motives to want clones and a army
anywyas that was jsut my opinion
thank you for your time
and may the force be with you
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:39:38 PM by Clonehead »
May the Force be with you !

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
Re: Padmes Character
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 08:32:50 PM »
Um because she is a liberal

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 09:30:07 PM »
She is easily the weakest character in the entire trilogy.  She knows anakin slaughtered women and children tuskin raiders and acts like its no big deal.  After that does it surprize anyone she is counter to what she should be. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:57:40 PM »
great point, i forgot about that.   i just wished she wasnt so involved in the senate
May the Force be with you !

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 11:09:59 AM »
What I always thought would have worked for her.

First she was a monarch who legitimatly inherited the role of Queen at 14, in ep 2 she gave it up to give her poeple choices in thier elected officals and she was elected to the senate as a result.

In ep 3 this would have made her stance on democracy that much more in character.  One of my major issues with the planet of Naboo is they seem to elect teenagers into a job that adults apparently cannot handle. 

In relation to the army it might have been explained that since the republic was peaceful they had no army thus didn't want to go there at all, the clones were an elegant solution cuase they were not considered "human"  The republic (being the Only governmental body in the universe) wouldn't need a standing army cause there was no threats, but at no point is any of this explained (Also the lack of standing large army is similar to the united states' stance before world war 2.  there is another angle to point at as well). 

I think my point is that people kind of expected us the viewers to pick up on things that are never explained and thus looks like a flaw in the story (and is a flaw in storytelling).   

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline the awesome jawa

• Ensign
  • 'UTINNI!' - random awesome jawa
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 01:40:31 PM »
 she's always getting captured or kidnapped and that gets really anonying after a while!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 01:42:48 PM by the awesome jawa »
'help us awesome jawas, you're are only hope!'