Author Topic: JoeRhyno's customs( 2/1/12 Update-Robert Atkin's Cobra Commander)...  (Read 14393 times)

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: JoeRhyno's customs(updated 8/31/11 Sith and Point Rain Update)...
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2011, 06:18:15 PM »
Awesome Sith Lord! 

This has got to be one of the few with the lightsaber attached to a power pack...nice addition!

Lt. Vasquez looks great; love the way that one turned out!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »
Those customs are awesome :o :o

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2011, 12:38:12 PM »
Great job on waxer and boil man!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2011, 01:24:10 PM »
Darth Solveig is awesome!

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2011, 08:17:19 AM »
wow how did i miss this that is one kick ass sith lord the detail is amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2011, 07:46:34 PM »
not sure if you started a new thread somewhere or if you have your own custom site,but I've seen some of your customs,and i'd love to see more of your work.it's all really great stuff.loved the mando you did for the custom contest.this thread has not been posted in for some time now,so I thought if I posted this it might get some attention from some new guests and other people who enjoy seeing your work.time to bring some of these great threads back to page 1. ;D

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
Re: JoeRhyno's customs(updated 1/31/12 NON-SW Update)...
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2012, 11:09:49 AM »
1-31-12 UPDATE

Thanks for the kind words. I don't have a site, I did start a facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/Joerhyno

But that's not why I haven't updated, lol.. I just honestly don't customize like I used to. I am finishing up a custom for a contest, I had to fix an arm issue, so I wasn't able to finish it, but it's ready to be reassembled and hopefully I'll get the pics done in time for the deadline. It's not SW related, but GI Joe, but I'll just keep all my customs in one area for now.

Here's a teaser pic:

I did start my own customs based on a lil' story I've been working on off and on for the last , oh, I dunno 20something years, lol... it always changes and isn't set in stone, but it was always based on people I know, thrown into some futuristic setting.. first it was zombies, but then zombies got HUGE, so I changed it a little, now I think I'm gonna go with something more like Matrix/Terminator.. not sure, I don't wanna copy other work.. but it's hard to do your own thing when so much has already been done.. so we'll see where it goes...  I started planning out some custom figures for some characters, here's two I pieced together:

The one on the left is going ot be leader of a group, kinda like a Biker gang, but I think it'll be more like just a group of survivors, he just happens to ride a bike. The one on the right will be "El Presidente", leader of what's left of the Americas... Like I said, a lot has to be worked out, it's mainly a way I can make customs of my buddies and family, and throw it into a story.

Anyway, I'll update this when I finish my Cobra Commander, I still have a couple SW pics that I took awhile ago but never posted them(nothing big, just a couple Hoth figs). Hopefully I can do them all at once...

-Joe

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2012, 01:09:13 PM »
they all look good, Joe, but that wip of your cobra commander is just awesome! Now that's a cobra commander I would want in my collection.
looks like a front pager for tomorrow.

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2012, 08:07:53 AM »
Thanks CloneHead... I submitted my custom, so I guess I can show it now. I was going to  post this last night, but I was up late and tired, so I thought I'd wait till today.

Here's the ref picture I went by:

There are a couple pther pics out there, but that was the main one, and one to give an idea of what I was going for.

I took this pic as a teaser pic for my friends... I'm glad I did, cause it shows a close up of the helmet. I'm pretty proud of it, as it might look like a rev viper helmet, but it's actually one viper helmet and then another viper head with the face plate dremeled out and hollowed out to fit. It was hard work, and I'm glad I went this route. I also had to do some modding to make it less viper looking, covering up the electronic plate on the back and then sculpting on the vents and teeth(that was a pain that almost didn't happen). Overall, I'm really happy with the outcome.

I'll copy and paste the parts breakdown from my entry, as it's pretty extensive. I think I used 10-11 figures for parts or accessories, lol..

Parts list:

Helmet- 25th Viper, dremeled hollow, sculpted back and sides.

Faceplate- PoC Viper, sculpted on chin and teeth.

Cape- top part, Resolute Commander, modded, trimmed and sculpted/bottom part, vinyl material.

Shoulder pads- 25th Wraith, trimmed down.

Shoulder straps- Marvel Universe Rogers & Indiana Jones pouch strap

Holster & straps- Marvel Universe Rogers w/ Spy Troops holsters modded

Upper Arms- Star Wars Rum Sleg, sculpted arm pouch & strap.

Lower Arms- Resolute Alley Viper

Torso- Star Wars Imperial Knight attached to Marvel Showdown Logan stomach, sculpted over to match armor.

Crotch and ball socket joints- Marvel Showdown Logan.

Upper legs- Resolute Alley Viper, modded to fit marvel joints, sculpted leg straps.

Knees & Lower legs- Resolute Cobra Commander.

I've seen a couple of the other entries on some of the other Joe sites, I can't wait to see them all together, hope there are a couple more surprises too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: JoeRhyno's customs( 2/1/12 Update-Robert Atkin's Cobra Commander)...
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »
absolutely spectacular work and an impressive parts list as well. Yep, this is one great looking custom, Joe.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2012, 09:21:59 AM »
Awesome work Joe!! You've become one of the best customizers imo.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »
Cobra Commander is my favorite G.I.Joe character,and you've certainly made a great version of him,and he looks too good to be true.if i collected Joe's i would really want this one,and even though i don't,i still want this one LOL.great job!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2012, 05:53:10 PM »
COOOOOOOOBRAAAAAAAAAAA!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2012, 12:37:59 AM »
awesome looking CC.  I love it. That concept art has been a favorite version of mine, and I'd love to have that helmet sculpt!  You did a great job on the parts selection, a great accumulation of parts from various lines coming together like they were built to be together!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2012, 04:56:20 AM »
Joe, that is one awesome figure! The art you showed for reference is just awesome and you have done a great job creating it in plastic form. Seriously great work and if you could buy this figure off the shelf I woul have to have one!