Poll

Which Droid custom do you like the best from the 15 entries?

Entry 1
8 (19.5%)
Entry 2
1 (2.4%)
Entry 3
2 (4.9%)
Entry 4
2 (4.9%)
Entry 5
1 (2.4%)
Entry 6
5 (12.2%)
Entry 7
8 (19.5%)
Entry 8
3 (7.3%)
Entry 9
1 (2.4%)
Entry 10
1 (2.4%)
Entry 11
0 (0%)
Entry 12
1 (2.4%)
Entry 13
3 (7.3%)
Entry 14
4 (9.8%)
VOIDED
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: April 16, 2010, 06:20:40 AM

Author Topic: These are the Droids we're looking for Contest Vote!  (Read 13503 times)

Offline DroidDestroyer

• Cadet
Re: These are the Droids we're looking for Contest Vote!
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 05:03:36 PM »
thats not t rue i saw some of these already at other webstis

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 05:10:28 PM »
Post links to the other websites page featureing any of these entries and we will look into it.

The rules were clear, this had to be a newly made custom.

Offline DroidDestroyer

• Cadet
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 05:13:09 PM »
ok well here are tow that i saw over at the uyakface website

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2056&start=165#p80984

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2971&start=180#p81780

they look like the same ones that are listed in this contest and the people registed there have hte same names as people here

i think is aw a fe wother ones too but i will have to look again at them

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 05:14:59 PM »
thats not t rue i saw some of these already at other webstis

Yepper, Wayne beat me to it.  Now perhaps some of these were posted after they were first unvieled here.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 05:29:46 PM »
Both were posted at Yakface after they were added here, thus are in line with the stated rules. The first one even references this contest.

This contest build began on 3-1-10

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 06:51:46 PM »
Man, what should be a friendly competition is really kind of turning me off the whole contest idea. :/

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »
That's sad to hear, Dan.  I've missed out on this contest for the most part, but have enjoyed seeing the entries.  Maybe we'll just have to jump into the next one and keep it fun no matter what.   ;)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 07:11:57 PM »
Man, what should be a friendly competition is really kind of turning me off the whole contest idea. :/

Sadly I agree, this last one has been a mess due to a few reasons

What I would recommend to others is this, rather than make accusations without doing some homework, PM the staff here and we will look into it in private rather than causing some ill-will if it turns out ot be false.  We want to keep our open and friendly forums, not a shady mud slinging affair, there are plenty of other forums for that already out there. Any good community relies on the maturity of it's members to be open and respectful of one another.

Offline DroidDestroyer

• Cadet
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 08:17:41 PM »
sorry if i caused trouble i wasnt tyring to do that i just wanted to know who made the other figures since i already knew who had made the two that i saw at other sites that was all sorry for the confusion

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 10:32:33 PM »
sorry if i caused trouble i wasnt tyring to do that i just wanted to know who made the other figures since i already knew who had made the two that i saw at other sites that was all sorry for the confusion

it's ok, just next time let the admins know through a private message instead of openly for everyone to see.  That way your concerns would have been put to rest quietly instead of causing more tension on somthing that's already had a little ill-will.

I know I use deviantart to host all of my photos so it might seem as though I post them there first before I get them in a thread here, and if in the future I am participating in a contest I will probably use this sites uploader for the images to dispell any confusion...  However if I do post them somewhere else I usually reference the contest as the reason I made the custom.

BTW...  when you get so many people on an open forum like this and have contests in which prizes are offered there is always going to be tension during the contest and during the voting period.  That is why I like to see contests that don't have prizes and are just for the fun of it.  I'd have still competed in this one were there no prize offered. 
it's just that most people won't compete if there isn't a possibility of wining something..... it's a vicious cycle...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2010, 04:31:22 AM »
Yepper folks, a little communication goes a long way if you think your post could cause any ill will. When in doubt, pm one of the mods or admins before you post said message in the forums. It is things like this that turn fun things into not so fun things. We owe it to the great customizers who have put up thier entries to approach this with an air of maturity and reservation to ensure not only a fair contest, but an enjoyable one.

Dan, rest assured all future contests held here will be more closely watched to ensure said maturity and respect is given to the contest participants. It really saddens me to hear great customizers like yourself may be put off to the whole contest idea by the actions of a few, less than informed or downright cheating participants. I know this one got way out of hand very quickly through said actions.

And in that sense, I would like to personally apologize to all the participants from the Shipyards admins and mods for these irregularities in this contest. You should not have had to deal with any of this and for that I am sorry.

Now, back to this contest vote, and folks nothing but positive comments from here on out please.

Offline Robbops

• Cadet
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2010, 05:14:20 AM »
I agree with Dan about getting turned off to the contest also.  As a participant who did well in the voting the first time around and is currently getting no love in the second round, i'm really disappointed in this chain of events.

Offline DroidDestroyer

• Cadet
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2010, 06:13:41 AM »
but you guys are making it sound like i  was mad or something or trying to cheat or something or trying to do something bad when i just wanted to know who made the figures. i didnt enter the contest or anything like that becuase i dont make that many customs and my customs arent that good they didnt even get put on the front page when everybdoy elses customs get put on the front page so that must mean that i really suck at it because even the silly april fools dog got put on the front page but mine didnt

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2010, 07:16:58 AM »
Boy, I am kicking myself for being gone all week and not having the time to check this thread as often as I would have liked.

First off, I must apologize for not making one of the rules more clear as it has apparently been misinterpreted. It had been stated that this must be an all new custom and not one that has been posted here or on another site. What I meant by that is that the custom in question couldn't have been posted anywhere in the past. There are many people here who post their work on more than this site "myself included" and it wasn't my desire to tell you fine folks that this is the only site where you can post pics of your creations. That would be selfish and I always believed that work like this should be spread across the globe for everyone to enjoy and be inspired by.
      The situation where the one member went to pad his votes is just plain shameful and the act disappoints me. Folks, if my parts are that desirable, all you have to do is place an order. None the less, I am not turned off from participating in the creation of future contests and hope that you all feel the same way as far as participation in these competitions. Do realize that we do run a tight ship around here and will keep things fair.
  Since the voting has restarted for this contest, I do urge you to take the time to recast your vote as the final decision still needs to be made.

DD, don't get upset about the reaction to your postings as it's obvious that the outcome of any competition can be affected by information that is misinterpreted. We are a protective lot here, as has been made obvious in the past. Most of the work here was documented in the original contest thread where it could be seen who was the creator in their individual postings.

About the whole front page thing, getting onto the front page has always been a privilege and not a right and is to the discretion of our staff, each of which have real lives and real jobs. We are such a growing custom community now that we might see 5 or more new custom postings a day, every day, and when allotted time, sometimes for a FP custom story, we must just grab and go just to keep up with things.  Do realize that the front page needs room for more than just stories about our members customs and sometimes, sacrifices must be made. I myself have been working out of town for the last month and only have access to my home terminal, where I do my front page postings, on the weekends.
  I take it that the implied suggestion from Tamer about nothing but positive comments and concentration about voting for this contest didn't sink in.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2010, 10:10:21 AM »
I had to reply after reading everyones post. It is sad that someone caused all these problems, but I am not offended or put off on future contest. I will keep entering no matter what others do. Most everyone here has nothing but good intentions and I love the community here.