Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

Question on Order 66....

(1/3) > >>

dax415:
In the movie, darth sidious calls in order 66 and takes the jedi order by surprise as the clones turn on the jedi and attack them.  When I watched the movie, the clones imho responded as if it were a built in program and seemed pretty emotionless in their response.  In the star wars video games (SW Battlefront) it seems the clones knew the entire time?  I find it hard to believe that they could keep it a secret from the jedi and was wondering what was the official cannon explanation for what happened, built in program of some kind or was it widely known among the clones?

dana.raye.smith:
They were built and trained to follow orders... reguardless of what they were.
And trained to memorize them, for all eventualities.
I dont find it so hard to believe it could happen. People and things are trained to odd stuff all the time.
I do find it hard to believe that all the scholarly jedi never read the manual of orders which each clone had to learn.
When they were told about it in the books, the jedi were disturbed, but thought nothing of it ...
Personally I kind of knew the clones of Jango were made primarily to kill as many jedi as possible.
Why else would he be chosen by Dooku after their differences on Galidraan?
But then what would you consider to be the real source of information... movies or books or games or even comics signed off as ok by Lucas and later considered to be non existent... just wiped away like they never really happened?

dax415:
in the movie, didn't Jango request that Boba Fett not be programmed or enhanced to grow quickly?

night force cynic:

--- Quote from: dax415 on March 21, 2010, 03:37:37 PM ---in the movie, didn't Jango request that Boba Fett not be programmed or enhanced to grow quickly?

--- End quote ---
yes, that was one of the biggest conditions of the deal, one clone that would be exact recreation of himself, no genetic manipulation at all. 

as for Order 66, that''s big gray area in my thoughts and opinions on ROTS right now.   What seemed like a really straightforward cold, unyielding, truly objective following of orders to suppress the ultimate treason (when there was ONLY Episode 3 to go on), the Order made a lot of sense to me even if it was sickening.    Now though, I don't know anymore.

Phatty:
Well, it was kinda explained in the Republic Commando novels.  The Clones were taught 150 directives to be carried out without question.  Order 65 was to remove the Supreme Chancellor in the event he was found to be a criminal of the Republic, by death if need be.  As we all know, Order 66 was the same, but for the Jedi.  The Jedi were aware of these same directives, but had no reason to think it would ever be enacted due to their beliefs and such.  What better way to hide a weapon of your ultimate destruction than by leaving it out in the open for your enemy to become familiar with?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version