Author Topic: Question on Order 66....  (Read 3507 times)

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
Question on Order 66....
« on: March 21, 2010, 12:51:41 PM »
In the movie, darth sidious calls in order 66 and takes the jedi order by surprise as the clones turn on the jedi and attack them.  When I watched the movie, the clones imho responded as if it were a built in program and seemed pretty emotionless in their response.  In the star wars video games (SW Battlefront) it seems the clones knew the entire time?  I find it hard to believe that they could keep it a secret from the jedi and was wondering what was the official cannon explanation for what happened, built in program of some kind or was it widely known among the clones?

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
Re: Question on Order 66....
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 01:01:56 PM »
They were built and trained to follow orders... reguardless of what they were.
And trained to memorize them, for all eventualities.
I dont find it so hard to believe it could happen. People and things are trained to odd stuff all the time.
I do find it hard to believe that all the scholarly jedi never read the manual of orders which each clone had to learn.
When they were told about it in the books, the jedi were disturbed, but thought nothing of it ...
Personally I kind of knew the clones of Jango were made primarily to kill as many jedi as possible.
Why else would he be chosen by Dooku after their differences on Galidraan?
But then what would you consider to be the real source of information... movies or books or games or even comics signed off as ok by Lucas and later considered to be non existent... just wiped away like they never really happened?

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:37:37 PM »
in the movie, didn't Jango request that Boba Fett not be programmed or enhanced to grow quickly?

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 05:24:41 PM »
in the movie, didn't Jango request that Boba Fett not be programmed or enhanced to grow quickly?
yes, that was one of the biggest conditions of the deal, one clone that would be exact recreation of himself, no genetic manipulation at all. 

as for Order 66, that''s big gray area in my thoughts and opinions on ROTS right now.   What seemed like a really straightforward cold, unyielding, truly objective following of orders to suppress the ultimate treason (when there was ONLY Episode 3 to go on), the Order made a lot of sense to me even if it was sickening.    Now though, I don't know anymore.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
Well, it was kinda explained in the Republic Commando novels.  The Clones were taught 150 directives to be carried out without question.  Order 65 was to remove the Supreme Chancellor in the event he was found to be a criminal of the Republic, by death if need be.  As we all know, Order 66 was the same, but for the Jedi.  The Jedi were aware of these same directives, but had no reason to think it would ever be enacted due to their beliefs and such.  What better way to hide a weapon of your ultimate destruction than by leaving it out in the open for your enemy to become familiar with?

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 07:51:03 PM »
Ah, I see..... but I still find it hard to believe the jedi were taken by surprise so easily, even yoda didn't know till he felt his friends die.  Guess what I'm getting at is I believe the clones had "suppressed loyalty" some special conditioning in learning the directives, like hypnosis with a sith twist to it.  Which would explain the emotionless way the orders were carried out?  Forget where the info comes from, but aren't the more skilled clones like the ARC Troopers and Republic Commandos said to have more free will but are fewer in number?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 08:28:51 AM »
And in the books, they did.  Many deserted at that immediate moment, while others carried out the orders they were bred to follow.  Some clones helped their Jedi Generals to avoid execution.  These clones were bred completely loyal to the Republic, not the Jedi.  Their directives were drilled into them over and over until it became as reflex as breathing air.  And remember from the movies, Yoda states that the Force and visions of the future have become clouded due to the presence of the Sith, making it more difficult to sense the threat before it was too late.  While the Jedi are powerful, they aren't aware of every conversation uttered by every sentient creature in the Galaxy, so one man uttering the words, "Execute Order 66," would not have been sensed by any one Jedi, unless they were looking for it, perhaps.

At least, this is all info from the books and Star Wars lore up til now, as well as my interpretation.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 09:54:19 AM »
And in the books, they did.  Many deserted at that immediate moment, while others carried out the orders they were bred to follow.  Some clones helped their Jedi Generals to avoid execution.

Oh wow, some of them helped their Jedi Generals escape?  Cool..... now that would make sense to me especially with the more free willed clones.  One more thing, since the clones were of Jango Fett.  Was Jango Fett a real Mandalorian or just some guy running around in their armor?  With the primary objective to destroy the Jedi Order, they would seem the most likely candidate for an ally against the Jedi given all the history between the Republic and Mandalorians.   Having Mandalorians teach the clones combat would likely pass on their natural hate and in some minor cases admiration of he Jedi onto their clones.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 01:36:42 PM »
Well, Jango Fett was born on Concord Dawn, a moon of Mandalore.  He was adopted into the Mandalorian way of life, and therefore, was an instant enemy of the Jedi.  In fact, it was revealed that the reason for Jango donating his genes was because he was aware of the overall plot by the Sith to use this clone army to spread out the Jedi and murder them, striking a defeating blow to the Jedi. 

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 03:18:58 PM »
A question that plagues my mind is when the CW are over, will Ahsoka be dead, and will Rex be dead, or enlisted in the Imperial Army, as one of Vader's Fist?  Will he know Lord Vader is Anakin?  Will he be urged to kill Anakin, as he was once a Jedi, or be loyal to him, as he is now a Sith, sort of like the clones hunting down retired Jedi?  All of these questions, still unanswered, but in need of definite answers!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 06:26:52 PM »
I always thought Ventress was killed by Anakin in the first CW cartoon series. I still think that is the case.
Ahsoka would have to be dead... or she and Rex ran off... together or seperately... for whatever reasons...but I think they are both dead, and their deaths became a lesson to Anakin about loss and attachment.
They would also be another thing leading to his reaction to the force visions of his mother and Padme, and his not wanting to lose another person he cared about... and his eventual yet imminent turn to the dark side.
Anything you read or watch with Anakin in it has a multitude of signs that Anakin will turn to the darkside, and we all know he becomes/is Darth Vader. To me the loss of both Rex and Ahsoka would be the foundation of his turning, and there are plenty glimpses of his darkness coming to the top...
his hatred of Dooku, his killing the Mandalorian senator when Obi and the Dutchess would not, his contempt for even baby Rota the Hutt... I could go on and on but I am sure you can see where this is going.
Or If you have read any of the CW novels like No Prisoners or WildSpace and even the RC novels, then you know of another sect of the Jedi Order that encourages attachment and relationships and having children... Maybe Ahsoka went and joined them. She met them in the book.
But then you would naturally think Anakin knew of them as did Etain and neither acted and joined them... they either didnt have time to or just couldnt bring themselves to do it.

Offline sithtrooper66

• sithtrooper66
  • Ensign
    • sithtrooper66 youtube
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »
order 66 was just a contigency plan in case the war didnt kill enough of the jedi ()rr yosab

Offline Galidraan76

• "I think she's dead." RC-1207 "Sev"
  • Cadet
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »
The clones were trained to follow a group of 150 contingency orders that were pretty much supposed to be used in worst case scenarios. 

Order 66: In the event of Jedi officers acting against the interests of the Republic, and after receiving specific orders verified as coming directly from the Supreme Commander (Chancellor), GAR commanders will remove those officers by lethal force, and command of the GAR will revert to the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) until a new command structure is established.