Author Topic: Blog de Lambonspit  (Read 1353 times)

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
Blog de Lambonspit
« on: March 20, 2010, 04:25:42 PM »
Hey everyone,
As you might know i'm Dimitri. Currently studying Law and Commerce at Adelaide University in Adelaide, Australia. I'm a big collector of clones and jedi, having just under 550 clones, and almost every Jedi released. Thanks to this site though, my interest has swayed towards OT, especially imperial army building. Anyways, we're currently renovating/building another house and will be moving later this year or very early next year. Luckily enough, we get a huge room to display all our Star Wars items, so that will be great when everything's set up.

So what's happening in my life?
Well yesterday went on a major star wars hike, searching throughout the city. To my surprise, i found a Clone Wars Y-Wing for $80!! So I didn't think twice, and bought 2 of them just to be sure. There were only 2 to begin with and when i asked the sales assistant if they had anymore or any ARC's they said this was the only stock they got in Adelaide!! So i am really happy.

Worked on that Turbo Tank of mine. I am really starting to hate that custom. Its taken my brother and i almost 2 months to finish (we get sick of it and leave it for a couple of weeks before working on it again!!) and its still got a huge amount of painting to go. The internal structure has changed heaps and with a trusty drill and this cutting thing, we've made the turbo tank what it really should have been. Apart from that, working on a Freeco Speeder, almost finished that.

Oh, and sent Luke Sprywalkers droid yesterday morning!! Hope it arrives soon!

Well, better go and read about the determination of mental harm and the related legislation...fun!! I'll write again soon!!

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Blog de Lambonspit
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 07:30:55 PM »
Sounds like a great weekend so far buddy. I worked late out of town thursday and friday so I will send the HK droid out Monday. How do you like that Y wing? Have you opened it yet? I like the Arc 170 but can't believe they have the droid socket sideways! Major bummer! I mean just a 1/2 inch wider on the ship and it could have been properly placed.

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
Re: Blog de Lambonspit
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:18:49 AM »
How do you like that Y wing? Have you opened it yet? I like the Arc 170 but can't believe they have the droid socket sideways! Major bummer! I mean just a 1/2 inch wider on the ship and it could have been properly placed.

Y-Wing looks great!! I am thoroughly impressed by all aspects of this vehicle. Great colour scheme, has some great weight to it and is much bulkier than i thought. But the best part of this vehicle is the quality of the plastic. A clean white that doesn't look like the other cheap plastic the latest CW vehicles have. I would definitely recommend it if you happen to find it. Bummer about that ARC, i would still love one though...hoping!!

Gun, Trigger, Pull