Author Topic: Darth More's Modular Dioramas: Mos Eisley  (Read 37794 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Legion078's Dioramas and Models
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 07:15:54 PM »
Sorry it has taken so long for me to get here to see your dio but it is coming together nicely. I love the size of this thing! Love the removable roof revealing different rooms inside. Great plaster work and painting. As far as suggestions on filling the rooms, I would repeat some of the cantina and Jabba's Palace style of furnature. Then expand upon that with every day objects and old junk toys cobbled into new creations for cooling systems, generators, kitchen items, bedding, everything you would need in a home. This is a great project! Now my question is is all the sand loose or glued down? It looks loose...

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 12:32:35 AM »
This is amazing. Great job

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 05:31:11 AM »
So  at the moment I am sick so unfortunately I cannot go to school...but to use the time I'll show you some further pictures of my diorama.
I got some very cool new ideas for the buildings and their furniture, but I couldn't realize them, yet. I hope to become healthy again, soon...because I cannot afford to miss so much lessons at school and I would like to go to the largest fair for models lf all kinds: The Intermodellbau in Dortmund (Germany)...

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 07:57:34 AM »
Wow, real nice. Its coming along really well. Hope you feel better soon  ;)!!

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 10:17:26 AM »
looking nice soo far!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 04:13:35 AM »
Wow, that really looks cool! On the front page.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:29:24 AM by Clonehead »

Offline CaptainMountie

• Cadet
  • The customizer from the North!
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 04:40:24 AM »
Cool, can't wait to see the finished product!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 11:48:14 AM »
Oh...well my diorama is on the frontpagem, again...well...fortunately I am doing better, again so that I really can go to the German fair "Intermodellbau"...
On Sunday I will show you more pictures of the detailed building-steps of the diorama...you'll see the matirials, the doors! and the sand!...and I can say you that we had big problems with the doors especially with fixing tfhe sand first.
I hope you aren't bored, yet, but I really takes some time to transform all the pictures I took.
But fortunately I also took some pictures of Fabian's buildings when I visited him last week so I hope you're looking forward to seeing these pictures...

Until then...keep collecting, may the force be with You and stay healhty!

legion078
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:09:17 PM by legion078 »

Offline Mando Commando

• The Vintage Collector
  • Commander
  • Uttini!
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2010, 06:44:02 AM »
Great job on the building.  Can't wait to see this finished! bbfet

Offline bobby-brazil

• Ensign
  • I made a few modifications my self
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 07:30:40 AM »
great jobkeep up the good work!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2010, 04:51:41 AM »
This is one of my favorite buildings in your dio. It looks really awesome and as I said many times before I can't wait to see the finished product.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2010, 11:10:09 AM »
You have a new cheerleader!!

My son and I tossed around the idea of doing the same map - until we started figuring out how BIG that danged map is!!  So we are going to do like you - focus on our favorite buildings and make smaller sets - possibly that could be connected together to eventually make the full map in 3D.  Granted, we'll need my dad's 40'x60' shop - emptied - to do so.....

I'm eager to see how you guys are making the buildings!  What material are you using for the walls?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2010, 11:08:35 AM »
Hello back,

since I have been very busy the last months I was not able to continue working on the diorama...but now I have a five day break and started working again at Friday to do some detail I had imagined by planning the model a long time ago. The result is making me happy and you can be sure to see some pictures of the datail, soon, but I cannot say a confirmed date, yet because I have to convert all the photos I took, first, that I can upload them...
I hope that you are still interested in this diorama and I will do all possible in my way, but in beginning of June I have time, again, to finish the first plate.

Until then I will give you some older pictures and decent datails to the diorama.

Hope you still enjoy having an update on this topic and I can promise you that I want to bring this to a final end, too.
And I want to share my experience I gained by doing this model and I am sure you have some tips to improve myself so, please, leave a comment.

See you, soon, and thanks for your support.

legion078

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2010, 11:36:39 AM »
Well, as I looked at all the pictures I need to organize, first, I noticed that they have a total size of 712 MB!! By now I have taken so many pictures of every single step that I'm able to give you some datailed tutorials in chronological order...

So here are some details of the diorama and the four buildings:

-size:  150 x 108.5 cm (59.06 x 42.72 inches)= 16.275 cm2/2.7075 m2

-material: The whole diorama is made of styropor (foamed polystyrene/styrofoam), wood, plastic and sand.

buildings: styrofoam, wood and plastic
doors: wood
furniture: wood, plastic
display board: wood

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2010, 02:31:34 AM »
Hello back erveryone,

so today is the first day of  the 6 week summer vacation!! That means I've time for my hobby especially for my project, again...so now I start to post all pictures of the Tatooine diorama I took to show you all details of every single step...

First I will give you a look at the building's walls which are made of  styrofoam:

1. After planning the buiding and it size you cut the wall-parts out of a plate of styrofoam. For the walls I used 19mm thick styrofoam.

2. The second step is to cut the ground and the housetop out of a sheet of wood. I used a 4mm plate for that.

3. Now you have to glue the angles of every wall part and put the building together. If you want to be able to open the buildings top later, please, DO NOT GLUE         THE  BUILDINGS'S ROOF.

4. The stability of the building is warranted after 6 hours. I used the styrofoam glue of "GENIUS Pro" for glueing the wall-parts and to paint the buildings.