Author Topic: Darth More's Modular Dioramas: Mos Eisley  (Read 37750 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Legion078's Dioramas and Models
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2010, 09:14:30 AM »
And as a little special for you, guys, I have asked Fabian to take some pictures of his buildings...

As I said he unfortunately has stopped working on them...now, he concentrates on his new hobby-Warhammer 40k-with his brother...so he stopped collecting Star Wars figures and probably will not finish his Tatooine model...

In the beginning of our work on this project, we wanted to build all building, better to say, the whole map of the Star Wars Batttlefront II map, but we soon found out that there are over 120 buildings installed on this map, so we focused our attention on our favorite buidlings of the Original Movies...

As you will see,  he has a nice living-house, which has a nice door INCLUDED in the styrofoam wall!! For me it was too chancy to do like him. Therefore I found the door-frames suitable for the buildings. Unfortunately his Tatooine living-building hasn't got a roof, yet...
Beside that he built a very accurate and nice detailed heating-building for Tatooine's cold nights to heat the buildings around and he created a massive control tower of the Hutts...

But look on the pictures on your own-it's amazing! Particulary the color of his buildings is much darker than the one of mine. That's because the styrofoam-glue we used to paint them (obviously) had a different color from bucket to bucket...Well, Fabian had luck and took the glue with just the right color for Tatooine's buildings...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:04:54 PM by legion078 »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2010, 09:18:46 AM »
Fabian also built a "rock" of Tatooine dunes out of rest pieces of styrofoam and sand...Inside this rock you can find an old grave of the times long long before the Phantom Menace...

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:03:53 PM by legion078 »

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2010, 10:11:34 AM »
nice fabian nice

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2010, 11:16:14 AM »
really nice dio´s man ;D

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2010, 01:06:02 PM »
As Mandalore The Skepsis so eloquently put it a few replies back..."Holy Crap"

I'm loving these dioramas and playsets. 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2010, 03:10:06 PM »
sweetness! Looks like the hard part is already done one these buildings.

Offline SithLord229

• Lieutenant
  • "Fire the big boob nipple gun!"
    • Star Wars Figure Reviews
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2010, 10:45:20 AM »
And I want to thank Steve the world famous SithLord229 who gave me the inspiration of creating a Tatooine diorama the way it really is now. Steve is the reason why I joined YouTube in 2008...I saw his deadly awesome reviews and wanted to comment on them...

By now over 8.219 fans all over the world and I still enjoy his reviews every day and more and more fans find his channel on YouTube and AFT. I simply cannot stop watching them because they are so fantastic and his collection is as massive as his entertainment skills...

So Steve I am very glad to have found your channel on YouTube...otherwise I probably would not be on YouTube or on the Shipyards, now...

Keep on doing your great reviews as far as you have fun by doing them and as far you have some time!

Haha! I love this picture! Now I'll have all the Stormies that see that poster watching my vids too ;) Thanks Phillip!

"Give yourself to the Dark Side"- http://www.YouTube.com/SithLord229

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2010, 09:31:38 AM »
come on legion we need new progress reports

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2010, 05:14:48 PM »
Since I am in Michigan, now, there will be no updates of my Tatooine Diorama until February 2011. I already have some ideas for new dioramas (or new parts for Tatooine), but it will take some time. I am very busy all days long although I've been here for 10 days, but High School is making me crazy...
Anyway I was able to pick up some of Hasbro's new products!! I've been to several retailers here by now and here are the current prices from cheapest to cheap ;)

TVC 2010

1. Walmart - 7.63 $
2. Meijer - 7.99 $
     Target - 7.99 $
3. Toys "R" Us - 9.99 $

TLC SL 2010

1. Walmart - 6.63 $
2. Toys "R" Us - 7.49 $
3. Target - 7.99 $
     Meijer - 7.99 $

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2010, 05:35:53 PM »
TCW 2010 (although I don't care about Clone Wars...)

1. Walmart - 6.63  $
2. Toys "R" Us - 7.49 $
3. /

For further information, please visit the retailer's websites or local stores.
I will be back with some pictures of local  finds and will also continue my report on another, more suitable topic.

Please, stay tuned for updates depending on Hasbro's new toy line for 2010 or e-mail  me.

May the force be with you!

And happy hunting!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2010, 07:45:34 PM »
This.
Is.
AMAZING!!!

My son and I also want to do the entire Mos Eisley field from BFII, but we know we have to settle for just a few of them.  I'm also VERY interested in making "street scenes" that fit into "any-planet-ville" for my photography.  Thank you very much for the time and effort you have put into your thread here on making buildings - this is going to be *invaluable* to my bunch in the future.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2010, 07:25:13 PM »
Thank you very much for your nice comment! I really enjoy building diorama(s) and I still work on it. Although I am in the United States, now, I try to be as active as possible on the ISY...

Have fun by creating your diorama! I hoped you got some new ideas with my work. I also can give you some of my plans of the buildings and especially the doors.
A second part of the diorama is also in the plannings...Let's see what the futurw brings...

Philipp

legion078

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2010, 06:09:42 PM »
Since I am temporaly not able to continue working on my main project (Mos Eisley), I wanted to give you some ideas for already discussed, but not solved problems...

First of all I would like to show you how I fixed the landing-gear of the Imperial 74-Z Speederbike. Fortunately I received my very first 74-Z Speederbike with the TLC Hoth Assault Battle Pack.

I already talked to fans complaining about the action-feature on this vehicle, but this version is not able to fall apart by pushing the button on the back, but it has open hatches on the back of the landing-gear.
I fixed the two gears with clear rubber bands included in this pack...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2010, 06:21:15 PM »
So the Speederbike stands perfectly even with the figure sitting on it. Even when you press the front down, it flipps back in its standing position.
I love this mold and I have enough rubber-bands to fix many more...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2010, 06:23:27 PM »
You can hardly see the rubber bands which makes this little improvement even more effective...