Author Topic: Best of the series?  (Read 12898 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Best of the series?
« on: March 06, 2010, 06:52:59 AM »
I still think this was one of the best series to be done in the last 15 years, We saw the sandcrawler make a reapperance for the first time since 1980, be it non-remote controled and a little "soft" it was cool to see it, the window boxed items were nice, the old movie scene backdrops.

I loved the dirty Dagobah R2, the Slave 1 was a killer display, 

What ones were your favorites?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Best of the series?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 08:20:13 AM »
I have the X-wng and the Slave one and love both. I must say these ships do appeal to the carded collector in me and is one of the reasons I stay carded for many items. 

To be honest I think the only thing that even remotely compares to both of these is the Target Exclusive Ultimate Hoth BattlePack.

As for this series I think the Slave One has me for it being slightly smaller and a little easier to display. That daggone X-Wing is a killer item to display in packaging.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »
The Xwing box was big but I liked that aspect, It was hrd to find a primo box though,

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 09:58:39 AM »
The Xwing box was big but I liked that aspect, It was hrd to find a primo box though,

Yeah, it sure was. I looked through a ton of em at toysrus before I finally just settled on one. The plastic window display was pretty thing and creased easily.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 02:57:21 PM »
Skiff plus the Imperial Scanning Tech fig.    ....was always wondering why it didn't get a build until then....

Offline ClonePrototype

• Ironside Soldier
  • Cadet
  • "Most Impressive!"
    • Whovians Create
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 11:44:53 AM »
Just got my hands on a bunch of VOTC figures. They look like they'll be my all time favourite piece of SW merchandise! I just can't get enough of that vintage style packaging, exactly why I so can't wait for this new vintage line!

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 04:07:51 PM »
I still want to get one of those last mold up-dated Falcons. It was such a perfect way to retire it. But I gotta say I still think that training luke / yoda, ghost Ben, cloud car pilot and lobot are really great figures. I never even bothered to open them... Not that I planned on that.