Author Topic: NFL 2010  (Read 18073 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: NFL 2010
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2011, 06:54:43 PM »
Well Pat the Patriots are out so now its either gonna be the Jets or the Steelers going on the AFC side. I know I am a bit biased, but I do think the game they had against us the last time won't be quite as good as the game they get this time. At first I did like Rex Ryan's Bravado, but after all that smack talk last week versus the Patriots I would love to see the Steelers knock that grin off his face. I guess we will see.

As for the NFC match up it is also gonna be down to the wire I think. I will be honest I think this game depends on how comfortable they let Aaron Rodgers get. I think if he gets hammered a few times (and doesn't beat the blitz which he is so capable of) that the Bears will probably have the game well in hand. If they let him get comfortable I think it is gonna be a long afternoon for Bears fans. Its gonna be a nail biter.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2011, 08:20:41 PM »
Can't say I disagree with you, on most things, Shawn.  As I've said in the past, I am an NFC man.  I really can't tell you why, but I always have preferred the NFC teams to the AFC.  I'm split on Rex Ryan; on one hand, he's highly entertaining, while on the other, enough with the trash talk.  It's nice to see he's not doing that against the Steelers.  However, I absolutely cannot stand Ben Gropeherburger at all.  Not to mention, I love to see teams who haven't won in a long time, or not at all, win the SB, and since Ben's got some rings, I could care less if they get bounced out.  If for whatever reason, my Bears don't make the Super Bowl, I need a team I can route for, and that will have to be the Jets.  Not for Ryan, or Sanchez, or most of the rest of them. Not because it's New York (I despise NY teams on principle!), or because they wear green.  I'd like to see Ladanian Tomlinson win a ring.  See, I'm also not at all a Chargers fan.  I don't think they reward loyalty or hard work on that team, and are too quick to dump quality players.  They dumped Brees, and look how that turned out for them.  They dumped Tomlinson, who still has plenty in the tank, and look how that's worked out for them.  They dumped Michael Turner, and he's had 2 fantastic years on Atlanta.  So I'm HOPING it'll be a Bears/Jets Super Bowl, with my Bears winning, of course. 

However, and it PAINS me to say this, but I do have to give he Packers credit where it's due.  Rodgers and the Pack have done one Hell of a job as of late, and are definitely tough.  Sunday should be a great game!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »
That was one heck of a game, The way the Pack started had me feeling good but the 2nd half had me on the edge of my seat.

Bears played well at the end, but I am in heaven to see the Pack back in the big show.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 05:11:59 PM »
Yeah, I bet you are!  I tell you what though, this game has me totally questioning Cutler's heart.  This is the second time this season he went out of a game with a mysterious injury.  Personally, I don't think he can handle the pressure.  Hanie looked pretty darn good though, and I have to wonder if he had been in the whole game, if the outcome wouldn't have been different.  Oh well, nothing to do now but root for the Jets since I can't stand Ben Rapeherburger or the Steelers (Sorry Tamer!), and as a Chicago fan, I CANNOT root for the Pack.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »
I figured that victory might get you in here. I must say the game was a lot closer than I thought it was gonna be after watching the first half. And to think the Bears just about came and tied it up at the end with their third string quarterback shows just how good their defense was doing, but I do think it is gonna be gloom and doom for Cutler for awhile. I wonder if he really did have a knee injury or if he was politely told to go with that story as his first half play was not so great. Seeing him walking around the second half sure didn't seem like he had an injury, but he is not as whiny as most primadonna QBs. Pat, my condlences I am sure you are probably gonna be inconsolable for the rest of today and tomorrow as will most of your surrounding area. I am happy for the whole GB organization to finally be past the whole Favre thing and them going to the superbowl shows McCarthy and Rodgers are legit. I knew they were the whole time, but I did have a little smile knowing that ole Favre is probaly gritting his teeth after that win. Congrats Wayne.

Now onto the other game. I am trying not to watch too much of it, I swear as soon as I start seeing them on tv they start loosing. It is like the Tamer Jinx or something. I got so fired up during the last game that my wife, daughter, and father in law went running from the room. I get so sick when I see them shoot themselves in the foot, I just can't stand it.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 06:21:12 PM »
Well I think it looks safe for you to watch, it appears atleast they have the Jets number.

As for the Pack, With the way last year ended and this new one started, I needed this. Takes my mind off all the other crap and stress. Though this post season and the end of the regualr season was stressfull, it was atleast fun.

To say I am happy to see the ghost of Favre be exercised is an understatement. I rooted for him to be sure when he played for us but to see they way he ended his career with the drama and scandals was an embarrasment. It goes to show his true character I guess, may he enjoy his retirement and fade away.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2011, 05:17:41 AM »
Well Pat who you gonna root for now my man!

Needless to say my fears were almost realized when they went up 24 to 0 and then let em get back to 24 to 19, but we held on to win. When we got that safety (can't blame Ben it was  a new center) I got flashbacks of the last game. I gotta credit Tomlin with doing some throwing there at the end when it seemed obvious to all that it was a ground pound it game and he outthunk ole Rexy. WhoHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I am on cloud 9 today.

Listening to Mike and Mike on espn radio this morning, it is not so hot on the Cutler topic and boy are they crucifying him. I am hoping his mri shows losts of problems so perhaps it will get a little easier for him, but wow they keep showing shots of him walking around looking anywhere but the game and then when Hainne was looking at film he wasn't even trying to talk to him. I guess we are getting just one side, but wow it sure doesn't look good. The way he handled that question wasn't good either. I hear they are burning his jerseys in the street in Chicago.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2011, 06:44:29 AM »
Todays the day Tamer.   I am sure the last 2 weeks were a long 2 for you as well.

I saw on the local news that even folks are driving upto Green Bay to spend time in the bars around Lambeau field to watch the game and these idiots were linning up already at 7AM to get in to claim a seat. Some of these places have a 2500 seat limit so that a freaking big bar, but lining up 8 hours prior to kick off is nuts.

Anyhow,  I hope for a good game with a Green and Gold outcome.   

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2011, 08:03:14 AM »
Yeah, we are gonna have to agree to disagree on the victor my friend as I am hoping for a black and gold outcome.

I do agree with you on the whole tired of the two week wait. I am having a small family get together at my house to watch the game. I am hoping I don't spend too much time working on new swear words. My little gal said she had a plan to coming running when I yelled and I told her she had better make sure it was a good yell and not a bad one and when my wife asked her how she would know the difference she just cocked her head to the side and said, "Mommy, you know daddy's bad yells always have the words I am not allowed to spell in them." Is that a good way to start the superbowl festivities or what!

I will be honest too and admit that if we do loose I will be glad for Aaron Rodgers to finally get the whole Favre thing off his back. I watched Dion Sanders, who I think should never have been an announcer, ask him if he talked to Brett about the game and he just said no. What a classless thing to ask someone was what I was thinking.

I think whoever can get into the rythm of the game the quickest on offense is gonna win. Both of the defenses and the def. coordinators I think are gonna dial in eventually so who get some points on the board early is probably gonna be the winner. I think it is probably gonna be one of the most exciting superbowls we have had in awhile too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2011, 08:47:57 AM »
I agree that either way, it will be a good game. Green and gold.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2011, 09:37:18 AM »
I still can't jump on either bandwagon.  Try as I might, I just don't have any stake in the outcome.  I guess I could do what others have done and sell my bad luck in picking winners to the highest bidder on Ebay.  We're going to my in-laws to watch it, mostly because I need to sit down with my mother-in-law and try and get the website I'm building for the animal clinic she works for done finally.  I started this before CV, and I'm just not getting the info I need to finish it and it's irritating me.  Otherwise, I very likely would have spent the day playing a little Black Ops instead.

However, for the sake of continuing the discussion, if I had to pick someone to root for, it'd be the Packers.  I know, I know, all Bears fans can start throwing their sausages and beers at me now.  I can't STAND Worthlessburger, and they've won 6 times.  He has his ring.  Plus, I don't care for the AFC.  I'm an NFC guy, and I'd rather my bears lose to the eventual Super Bowl champs than the runners up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2011, 02:48:04 PM »
Wow Pat, I remember you were talking to me about that while we were at CV. No wonder your irritated.

Back to football, this is the time I hate most, before the game. Everyone has their own forecast and it seems that the Hollywood Elite try to suddenly become football experts. Listening to Zeta Jones say the Packers are gonna win because she like cheese was just awful. She was booed and then she said don't shoot me, I'm from Wales in broken English. You gotta love it.

Who will get to the QB first is the name of the game. Let the wait be over!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2011, 09:20:10 PM »
Ok, where to start?

The worst pregame of any sports event I've ever seen, period.  An interview with Obama about politics?  Seriously?  No one cares about that crap right now.  Tomorrow, yes.  Today, no.  Talking to NASCAR drivers about the upcoming season?  WHO GIVES A CRAP?  Listening to Jerry Jones and Michael Irvin and Jimmy Johnson talk about Cowboys crap?  They weren't in the damn Super Bowl, so who cares?  Absolute crap.

Christina Aguilera completely butchered the NATIONAL ANTHEM!!!!  Hey, blondie, here's a tip; DO A LITTLE REHERSAL/RESEARCH!!!  It's absolutely criminal when someone is chosen to sing the National Anthem at a sporting event and they screw it up. 

The Black Eyed Peas haven't been relevant in years.  Of course, after Nipple-gate (you remember, the one where NO ONE saw a nipple because it was covered with a pastie that you STILL didn't see!), all we get are outdated, over aged acts, and now we get one who relies so heavily on synthisized vocals that they sounded completely like shit.  The only part that was worth watching was Slash on the guitar, because he is a master.  Even the back up dancers that surrounded the stage were completely out of synch and their choreography was for crap.

The game itself was pretty good, a pretty close game in the end.  It was nice to see someone who hasn't won before win.  As much as it pains me to say, and I'll be sure to kick my own ass later, I had to root for the Packers.

The commercials were ok in my book.  The first half yielded some pretty funny ones, and then we got mostly older commercials from then on.  A poor effort all around.

Bottom line:  I should have stayed home and played Call of Duty all night.  At least they were awarding double points all weekend.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 04:07:58 AM »
I agree on all points Pat. That national anthem screw up will probably come back to haunt her I would think. Geesh.

I loved the Volkswagon little Vader commercial. Best one in my opinion.

As for the game it was great, so touch and go there for so long and came down pretty much to the end. I am happy for GB and Aaron Rodgers who should never have to hear the name Favre uttered with his again. I am ofcourse sad my team didn't get it done after such a roller coaster season, but am also hoping perhaps we will use this to upgrade our QB position who I will admit is hard to root for after all of his off the field problems.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2011, 06:37:36 AM »
I as estatic right now. I was a very nervous fan when the injuries hit. Once Woodsona dn Shields went out I felt that it would be a passing exibition against us. I feel for yha Tamer but I am thrilled for our little city.

Good game, fun, exciting.

I to did enjoy teh Vader commercial the best, but felt they were lacking from years past.

The pre-game and anthem were an embarrasment to us all, all I can say is WTF was with that.