Author Topic: star wars: Droids  (Read 6547 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
star wars: Droids
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:24:25 AM »
I can't believe there isn't a section for this show in here....

I've only seen a few episodes...  but the basic story line follows R2-D2 and C-3po in their travels before (correct me if I'm wrong) they became owned by wedge antilies and subsequently by luke skywalker...
In almost every other episode they are changing owners, either leaving them out of their own free will or being sold or whatever... which always seemed odd to me since the droids are essentially property.

anyways.  The only few episodes I've watched have been the ones with boba fett in them.

I realy wish hasbro would look back at these and make more figures from this series, I realy liked the two pack of the animated colors boba fett and his battle legionair droid that we got in the BAD line.... that droid is seen in one episode that boba apeared in.

on a side note does anyone know where you could get ahold of the entire series?  To my knowledge there are only a few episodes floating around the internet and I dont think there has been a dvd release at all...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: star wars: Droids
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 11:07:27 AM »
I thought there was too. James was the guy who specialized in all things Droids. Perhaps it was lost in our forum move? Don't know, but there definitely needs to be a thread for it.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 11:54:53 AM »
The complete series was never officially released on DVD, you can get some episodes on DVD from the DVD "Driods" released a few years ago, that was essentially 2 stories,  You can however find unofficial DVDs of the complete series. I had one such seller saved in my links but can't seem to find it, if and when I do I will post the link.

I do also collect original cells from this series and posted them someplace in the vintage section.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 03:55:57 AM »
I have the DVD posted above and it's pretty good, but definitely not perfect. I feel bad about having to use it since it is not an authorized copy, but until LFL gives us the real thing, it is the only option if you want to see Droids in a decent quality. On The Run also has the complete Ewoks series now, but I don't own that one yet. Anyway, in my opinion, Droids is worth the watch, at least once. This is what Star Wars was in 1985-1986: innocent and geared towards it's main audience: kids. For me it's nostalgic. I was 10 when Droids  and Ewoks first aired and remember getting up early, probably 5 or 6 in the morning, to watch the very first episodes that my Dad tuned in on our sattelite dish. The toys were also a highlight as they brought us completely new Star Wars figures from beyond the movies that were still compatible with all the movie figures that we already had. In one way, I think that Droids and Ewoks still have all of the other films and TV series beat, and that is in kid friendliness. There is adventure, but no one dies (at least not in a noticeably violent way) or is murdered/executed. A kid can turn Droids on being innocent and still remain innocent when it's over. So there's my speel! Give Droids and Ewoks a try!

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »
Id love too have this series on dvd.

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 03:30:37 AM »
I loved both Droids & Ewoks as a kid, and wish we received the full seasons on DVD / Bluray.

Offline PROVOST

• Ensign
  • Colonel In Chief
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 01:39:04 PM »
Can recall this series somewhat fondly as it was on TV at a time when there was no more SW movies and whilst even as a kid I found the storylines to be a bit hokey it was fun to see.

Would be cool for it to be released in it's entirety on DVD.
You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 10:25:37 PM »
I saw some episodes on YouTube they were corny but I liked them. Its too bad they don't make official DVDs.  anyways I think they did make some figures but they're super rare and super expensive. Gave me some ideas for custom figures and vehicles though.

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 06:02:22 PM »
I remember waiting for Droids and Ewoks to start after I first read about them in Bantha Tracks, and then getting up early one September morning to watch the very first episodes. It's hard to believe it's been 30 years now. It's too bad Droids has probably been wiped from canon. I think they still would have fit in pretty well with the Rebels timeline. Hopefully Filoni and crew find a way to get at least a few Droids elements in there.

Offline bobcat

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 02:26:49 AM »

you can find Droids on torrent sites if that helps anyone. just look around. u dont have to buy bootlegs. anyway, i remember seeing it when i was young and not really caring about it cause the SW vibe was over. it was like this magical thing, once all 3 movies were done most people just were kinda done with it at the time. i dont think ive even seen one episode from start to finish. i should check it out soon. hmm

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 03:46:09 PM »
EVERYDAY I love and more fascinated by this show. Really wish they acknowledge it or best yet explain/expand upon it. If rebooted it would be perfect for di$ney.