Author Topic: Imperial Shipyards "These are the droids that we're looking for" Contest  (Read 26611 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Spud, great job on the super arty IG88. Dan this second Corps droid is just as awesome as the first! I love the concept and great job bringing it together.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Nice job, Spud and Dan! No, I don't have a problem with the bit of photo editing that your pics have. Like you thought, that rule was to prevent any photoshoppimg of backgrounds or details added to your figure entries. This includes no flame or glowing effects like glowing eyes or anything like that.

These two are obviously setting the bar high, fellers, but don't let these impressive builds intemmidate your efforts. I'm still planning something to do for this contest, also.

Shawn, can you fp these two, buddy?

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
I'm definitely going to do something for this contest.  I had an idea for a new custom vehicle, but now I'm going to make it into a droid.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
I'm definitely going to do something for this contest.  I had an idea for a new custom vehicle, but now I'm going to make it into a droid.

any hints to what you might be doing?   My curriosity is piqued. 

I've been thinking about things to add or do differently to my ig-88 but can't realy pin any ideas down...   I was considering scratch building an IG-2000 (his personal ship) but I'm not sure how I'd pull off the menuevering vanes.  AND I probably would never finish it... not to mention It wouldn't be part of my entry, it'd just be for s and g's.

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
any hints to what you might be doing?   My curriosity is piqued. 

I just started it tonight!   I'm going to do a bulky dust-cleaning droid. 

I've been thinking about things to add or do differently to my ig-88 but can't realy pin any ideas down...   I was considering scratch building an IG-2000 (his personal ship) but I'm not sure how I'd pull off the menuevering vanes.  AND I probably would never finish it... not to mention It wouldn't be part of my entry, it'd just be for s and g's.

Maybe make some guns or gauntlets for weapons? 
Or a throne, he is "king of the droid revolution" in the novels & comics, right? 

I really like your IG-88 by the way.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Maybe make some guns or gauntlets for weapons? 
Or a throne, he is "king of the droid revolution" in the novels & comics, right? 

I would potentially like to do 3 more of these figures since there was an IG-88 A, B, C, and D.  they all posed as the same droid, and had identical personality subroutines...   But that would get expensive. 

I might try and figure out a way to do some different weopons and whatnot.  IDK yet.  I'm still looking for a VOTC Ig-88 so that I could have the more accurate head sculpt and the bandolier and weopons it comes with...   If I were to get a VOTC ig I'd probably go on and get another Animate IG-86 and do a completely new figure... 

But for now, I'm leaving my entry the way it is.

I can't wait to see everyone else's

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
I will get to Dan's entry today as I got Spuds a few days ago. Oustanding folks. We already have two killer entries and boy the do look like they could put some hurt on someone. Very nice. Ok, let me go get Dan's to the fp before I forget as I promised to work on doing feedback today!

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
I think I might have to make an R4-D5, or something along those lines, using a CW version(at least a repaint!), and add something to it, but I doubt I could surpass the two already posted so far!  Great work, guys!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
Okay... without spoiling anything, and also cause I have some other customs that I have to try to finish before I get too far on anymore projects... I'm gonna attempt a "female" assassin droid.  I put together some parts just to see if they worked, and it looks promising... but we'll see. If I get "her" parted together before I take some more WIP pics for another project, I'll snap one for here..

I couldn't find a pic online, but I got the idea from the creepy transformer pretender chick from Revenge of the Fallen, "mechanical" dreadlocks and all...  ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Boy that sounds like a cool droid Joeryhno!

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
She was creepy, lol, and it does sound cool!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Lieutenant
Okay... without spoiling anything, and also cause I have some other customs that I have to try to finish before I get too far on anymore projects... I'm gonna attempt a "female" assassin droid.  I put together some parts just to see if they worked, and it looks promising... but we'll see. If I get "her" parted together before I take some more WIP pics for another project, I'll snap one for here..

I couldn't find a pic online, but I got the idea from the creepy transformer pretender chick from Revenge of the Fallen, "mechanical" dreadlocks and all...  ;)

The clone wars Protocol droid sculpt works well from "female" droid parts.
Here's one a did a while ago:

I used the shoulder pieces as her bewbs, but really didn't like how they looked with such a sharp angle, so I modified it as seen here:

Not perfect, but I was satisfied for this attempt. I'll probably revisit the concept in the future and try the whole torso differently.

Also, I added a bit of blood to the Corpse Droid:

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Great stuff, Dan! I didn't mind the can shape of her chest accessory's.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
or jubbly's as we like to call them ..lol
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Looks good, all of them,   I always loved the old art for Metropolis, and have a Rides show with a car decked out in the same theme,