Author Topic: Imperial Shipyards "These are the droids that we're looking for" Contest  (Read 26602 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral

PRESENTING THE IMPERIAL SHIPYARDS "THESE ARE THE DROIDS THAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR" CONTEST!!!
This contest is to start today, March 1st 2010 and run until midnight on March 31st 2010

The basics are that members can compete by building or decorating their own custom droid to present by the ending date and time to be judged by all members for a week after the voting thread goes up after the end of the contest.

All entries must comply to the following rules:

1) entry needs to be a custom droid to fit in to the Star Wars Universe in 3 3/4 inch scale.
2) only 1 entry per person
3) you must be a registered shipyards member to enter
4) the minimum must be a repaint "as in minimum amount of work done"
5) your entry pics can not be photo shopped or contain any photo shopped elements
6) your entry must be an all new custom made by you and can't have been posted here or anywhere else

All registered members are eligible to enter.
In this thread, your WIP or finished custom pics are welcome as is commentary in regards to them so feel free to troubleshoot ideas with the other members, here. You may show WIP or trouble shooting pics of more than one droid in this thread but only one entry per competitor with only one droid will be accepted.
By the ending date and time, you must present 1-3 pics of your entry to staff@imperialshipyards.net  "remember to include your member name" and after the end of the contest, we will host and post your entry pics on a voting page for all members to vote on for a week. If there is a tie for the 1st or 2nd place, we will have a vote off in between the entries that are tied.

Prizes are as follows:
1st place: A random selection 40 of my resin parts shown below
2nd place:  Winner's choice of these four possible prizes: an r2/r4 type Droid primed in white or black.
                                                                                                          an ROTS R4-P17 droid
                                                                                                          an ROTS R4-G9 droid
                                                                                                          or an ARC-170 Batle Pack  R4-C7 droid

Do you have what it takes to build the Droids we're looking for?
Good luck to all contestants and may the best droid win!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Never done a custom driod before but it looks like I will be taking a stab at one now.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
Holy crap I need BAD parts.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:16:43 PM by Squirepec7 »
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Count me in on this one too!  I have quite a few parts lying around that are begging for a shot at the title!

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
Just to be clear, we can post pics here? but then also have to submit the entries to the email?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
That's right, Joe. Feel free to post wip pics of your project here but before the deadline, you must email in your entry pics.
This will allow builders who may want to post pics of more than one droid project in this thread. Just remember that when it comes time to submit your entry. Only pics of one custom droid will be accepted for your one entry.

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
We should have a ISY build-a-droid swap thread to help some, lol.. ;)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Oh cool! This looks like fun. Pretty cool that it can be any type of droid. I hope to have time to enter this as I love droids. I just got home from teaching a class from 6-8:30 and will be doing it 3 nights a week. Hey Clint I like the idea of the BAD swap shop. A custom fodder community chest was started at RS and I am on the list after 4 more people. That would be cool here as well. Back on topic, let the droid works begin!

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
OK, im definitely entering this contest. Target's got 20% off star wars here so i'll go see if there are any droids to pick up!! Also, a BAD swap thread would be great!!

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Keep in mind that one could use a non-droid action figure and make it look like a droid. Also, there are literally thousands of everyday items you could use to scratchbuild a droid as well. Don't think that you would have to have some kind of droid figure to start on a project for this contest.
  Well, that's three requests for a BAD parts swap thread. I guess I will go and make one now.

UPDATE: Here's the thread.
BAD parts Swap n Shop
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:42:01 PM by Clonehead »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
question.....

does the contest entry have to be an entirely NEW droid or can it be a customized version of an extablished cannon droid character? 

For example,  if the entry was a scratch built version of c-3p0 or R2-d2? 

Either way expect me to participate in this contest.... I am going to be getting fodder asap....

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
oh yea just finished da droid lol its a astro owned by a sith then owned by a rebel pilot yess

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
question.....

does the contest entry have to be an entirely NEW droid or can it be a customized version of an extablished cannon droid character? 

Either way expect me to participate in this contest.... I am going to be getting fodder asap....
Yes, Devin, a custom version of a cannon droid would be fine.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Hmm, sounds interesting. I recently made a CW 3PO repaint for a charity auction and it was my first droid custom in a long time.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
question.....

Yes, Devin, a custom version of a cannon droid would be fine.

awesome I know exactly what I'm doing then... it's been one I've wanted to do for a long long time....