Author Topic: TFU 2010 - Galen Marek ( bounty hunter )  (Read 3903 times)

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
Re: TFU 2010 - Galen Marek ( bounty hunter )
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 06:58:54 PM »
This figure ROCKS..... I just wish it had a little longer neck so the helmet sat right.
The armor neck piece is great and would be a possible piece for one of our resident casters to attempt..... AHEM ..... hint, hint.
on my fig  the right arm which was holding the lightsaber seems a tad longer at the elbow. One arm is a bit longer than the other.
And he has crazy looking hands. Like he should have been wearing gloves crazy.
I really do like this figure though. Lots of potential and the more Mandalorian figures to choose from, the better.
Not enough to buy another TFU box set at full price, but if it could be got on sale or discounted,, I would definitely get another.
We always have Ebay.... just like my buying about 30 different Clone Commandos and 15 different Boba and Jango and EE Mandos.
Let the bidding commence.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 03:35:34 AM »
I thought the same thing about his hands. Gloves will certainly be part of his repaint.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 01:21:47 PM »
this is an awesome figure.   It has it's flaws, some of which are fixable, like the gloved hands.  The sculpting on the hands indicates that they should be painted as gloves, NOT skin tone.

The other figures in the pack are pretty good too.  Proxy is the best, I'll be writing a better review of the entire pack later in the week...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 11:35:41 AM »
hmm well I see that the entire set has already been reviewed individually so I'll just be adding my comments to these threads.  I have started to customize this figure already and have gotten as far as taking off the tunic/robe thing.  The construction of the figure seems to be a complete repaint of the evolutions jango sculpt with a different set of legs.  I am pretty sure the lower torso is the same.

I was half expecting the old swivel waist sculpt to be used for this figure.  seeing the ball jointed torso in there realy was an exciting plus for me.  even if the robe/cap/tunic restricts the movement of the torso...  this can be fixed....

i'll definately be looking for more of this figure for future mando customs....

Offline bly272

• some nights I lie in bed and look up at the stars wondering: where the heck has the ceiling gone?"
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 10:12:33 AM »
I got 'im amazing figure
"You could start a whole new Imperial custom. 'Dance, fool, dance!' Zap, zap, zap! 'Ow, my toe!'"
-Jaina Solo, making fun of Jagged Fel for accidentally shooting his deputy minister of trade in the foot