Author Topic: TCW Aayla Secura  (Read 8120 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
TCW Aayla Secura
« on: February 24, 2010, 05:13:23 PM »
Hi There and welcome  to another wraithnine review:

This time it's the turn of  Jedi Aayla Secura
She appeared in a few Clone Wars Season 1 episodes but mainly the episodes : Jedi Crash & Defenders of the Peace
she is also another figure to feature the mail-away Nahdar Vebb figure redemption forms.

The figure is packed with a chest armour piece ,breath mask ,goggles and a Mandolorian style jet pack (altho not sure why as we have never seen her wearing any of the aforementioned items)

ARTICULATION:
Her articulation is pretty good for a clone wars figure she has a ball jointed head,shoulders,elbows,knees and ankles and swivel wrists and upper torso .
SCULPT: the body sculpt is excellent  but the facial sculpt is not one of hasbros best but certainly not one of its worst
also the paint apps are crisp and faultless .

all in all i would give this figure 8/10, excellent but not quite brilliant.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:24:37 PM by wraithnine »
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: TCW Aayla Secura
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:04:56 PM »
I too am curious about the extra accessories packed into this one. That jetpack looks like a simplified sculpt of the evo Jango jetpack that was repacked as a legacy item, not long ago. We have seen clones using jetpacks like this but, as you said, not Aayla Secura. I liked the felucia BP sculpt of this character better as far as looks but this figure's articulation is obviously superior.

Great Review, Jay.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 07:56:43 PM »
Great review Jay.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 09:05:05 PM »
I saw her in the store but didn't have teh cash at the time.  Not seen her sice and regret not getting her. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
blah that head sculpt ruined it i was looking forward to a twi lik slave custom but still ill try and alter it  ;)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 10:55:40 PM »
I've been waiting for this figure to come out!  I've been wanting an aayla for a long time but the earlier legacy versions lacked the types of articulation I needed...

I'll be getting this one and swapping the head with a legacy aayla as soon as I can get one... 

and on second thought... looking again at the figure I think it might be a good candidate for a scarlett body hip replacement...

oh... and as for the accessories I'll bet money on seeing her use those items in a TCW episode eventually, otherwise hasbro would never include them.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 01:09:36 AM »
She looks deformed. I seen her and passed. Compare the picture on the back of the package to the figure. They didn't capture the likeness at all. And what's up with those child-bearing hips? The arms/elbows are everything I don't like about the figures right now: too many parts are showing.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »
The added accessories are a nice addition. They ought to be included in one form or another with every jedi released.
Like I have said before, the jetpack ought to have been an add in with the new Bly fig. the colors and size match up well with that figure.
The shoulder pad and breather are nice, as are the dustgoggles, but not really shown any where.
Wouldnt it figure that I finally get around to taking pics and its already reviewed.
I got this one about a week ago and have trouble with photography and uploading the pics in a usable size.
I personally like the fig overall, and love the add ins, but there are little things that bother me.
The lightsaber is fairly accurate, and has the post for hanging on the fig... but the fig has no hole to mount the post, and no removable blade on the saber. No real big problem there.
The figs elbows and knees are oddin shape and design. the alignment of articulated points is spot on though.
The high heeled boots make her hard to pose, but not impossible.
The headtails or lekku do make it difficult to get many poses... especially with the collar and jetpack in place.
But I do like it more than many of the other Jedi figs released in this line... if nothing else, just for the articulation.
Great pics and review W9.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 01:25:33 PM »
Just because Jay did this review doesn't mean you can't throw your pics in this thread, Dana. I would love to see them and the more the better.

I plan on adding onto Jays Snow ops Captain Rex review, just as soon as I get one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 01:40:19 PM »
Yepper, the more pics the better. I so need to find a few more hours in the day so I can get to work on the thumbnails for these on the front page!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 09:17:07 AM »
I finally found her and I really like her more in person than I ever did in pics, really an awesome figure. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 10:06:38 AM »
Glad to hear it because the face on this one makes her seem awful as well as the hips.