Entry 5
1 (1.9%)
Entry 6
0 (0%)
VOIDED ENTRY
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: February 28, 2010, 04:42:48 PM

Author Topic: New Year Custom Contest Voting  (Read 10912 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: New Year Custom Contest Voting
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 06:05:16 AM »
These are great guys! Job well done to all that entered. I wish I could have done something for this but time just did not permit. I am torn between who to vote for and hope to decide later today. Good luck to everyone!

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 09:41:35 AM »
to be honest it was a simple vote and ive got a question pm me the maker privatly and tell me not in public remember ;) who is the green mando in entry 1 sorry i dont read rc novels but i am pm me the answer he/she or .......... e.t lol

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 11:37:35 AM »
Good turnout so far,  You guys that haven't cast a vote have until Sunday to do so,  Make your voices heard and start discussing these entries,

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »
After thinking about it and giving em all another look, I just cast my vote.
Good luck everyone and thanks for taking part in this great contest.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 02:54:31 PM »
So who built your families entry? you or your father?

Offline Crazddm

• Cadet
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »
I really liked some, not so much on others... but all in all, they looked really good:)
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
  - Henry J. Tillman

Offline Clone_General_Jr.

• Cadet
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 06:16:55 PM »
I built it. I didn't make it for the contest. Please leave it in as an entry but, I had no idea there was a contest, I guess that lier posted it for himself. I can prove it's mine because. I will PM you to prove it.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 05:21:51 AM »
I'm a bit disappointed in some of the entries. There are quite a few entries with just a customized figure (which do look great, don't get me wrong!!) and nothing much else going on. It's hard to tell what scene or event is being displayed, you know. And do I see a Gunship and Clones being digitally cut and pasted on a background?

And I hope the date on the pics of the last entry is incorrect, unless entering a 4+ year old setup is allowed  :)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 05:33:00 AM »
The date stamped entry is no longer valid as that member has been banned,

Posts from Clone General 1977 and Clone General JR, have been removed from this thread, His entry was #7, doubtfull anyone would vote for that but it is now VOID.

Both accounts are banned for reasons not linked to the contest entry
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:08:34 PM by Reconsgt »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 07:21:42 AM »
Good job Sarge. I was wondering what was going on. I saw that junk when I finally cast a vote yesterday.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 08:40:37 AM »
I'm a bit disappointed in some of the entries. There are quite a few entries with just a customized figure (which do look great, don't get me wrong!!) and nothing much else going on. It's hard to tell what scene or event is being displayed, you know. And do I see a Gunship and Clones being digitally cut and pasted on a background?

And I hope the date on the pics of the last entry is incorrect, unless entering a 4+ year old setup is allowed  :)

Incom,
the contest requirements were as follows: "Entry will be a diorama in 3 ¾  action figure scale consisting of member constructed diorama and a minimum of 1 custom figure or vehicle. The entry must be themed from any of the Republic Commando novels by Karen Traviss."

If you find the entry fitting the requirement, it is obviously legit.
Personally, I am a bit disappointed that there are not more entries. The forum staff is not participating for good reason, but there are so many talented customizers on here who could or would not participate in the contest for some reason or other. But then, not everybody may have had the time to do so.
In short: there's always something to gripe about.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 08:57:02 AM »
I would have loved to made something for this but with other projects I've done lately there was just no way. In most every contest or group event so far it would have been nice to have a few more entries. Lastly I have never read the novels and was not compelled with any great ideas and that is what it takes to get me going. Good luck to those who entered and most of all I hope you had fun with your creation.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 09:14:57 AM »
Just to clarify

"The forum staff is not participating for good reason"

The contest was open to everyone, but when it is open to everyone it is a blind vote and all registered members can vote, that way the work speaks for itself, rather than who made it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:09:05 PM by Reconsgt »

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 09:47:54 AM »
Thanks for clarifying this for me.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 10:50:18 AM »
I haven't been on or customizing a lot due to medical and other personal  issues, I wasn't going to be able to get mine done and instead of throwing it together and then being stuck with a crappy diorama, I figured I'll just wait and finish it later.

I talked to my friend who helped up build our big Hasbro Clone Wars diorama CONTEST ENTRY, and one thing he mentioned that I'm sure was a factor on the low turn out.. the time of year.  Diorama and vehicles are bigger than a lil' custom figure, they take up more space and I know here in Chicago, I have to do that type of building in the garage and basement... that being said, I think the average temperature here in the last 3-4 months is something like 20 degrees, give or take 5 degrees... there was a time when it was "warm" out and in the upper 20s and me and my cousin were in my garage, double ups on clothes so he could help me build the wooden box that will become my asteroid smuggler's hangar... but even that was hard to do and has barely been touched since.

I really think my friend hit it right on the money on the timing of the contest equaling the low turn out... heck, even at my dying message board, we had a diorama contest with a prize of $500(not hosted by me of course, cause I'm poor, lol)... and even with that amount of money, the turn out was real low...

I think maybe for the future, try to keep the bigger contests during the warmer times. I'm going to try to have another diorama contest at GTG in the fall of next year.. that way people will have like 6 months to work on it and hopefully a better turn out(though, that's if the site lasts that long.. :( )...

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in... I LOVE TRAVISS' WORK.. but there was just too much going on for me to try to attempt to finish.

The good news is Spring's almost here.. and I'll get to finish it... ;D