Entry 5
1 (1.9%)
Entry 6
0 (0%)
VOIDED ENTRY
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: February 28, 2010, 04:42:48 PM

Author Topic: New Year Custom Contest Voting  (Read 10882 times)

Offline DroidDestroyer

• Cadet
Re: New Year Custom Contest Voting
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 04:21:51 PM »
I'm a bit disappointed in some of the entries. There are quite a few entries with just a customized figure (which do look great, don't get me wrong!!) and nothing much else going on. It's hard to tell what scene or event is being displayed, you know. And do I see a Gunship and Clones being digitally cut and pasted on a background?

And I hope the date on the pics of the last entry is incorrect, unless entering a 4+ year old setup is allowed  :)

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING INCOM SAYS IN HIS THREAD BECAUSE THIS WAS JUST A LAME CONTEST IMO BECAUSE IF YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO MAKE A DIORAMA HOW IS A FIGURE STANDING BY ISTELF A DIORAMA I DONT THINK IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED PLSU THE ONE THAT HAS THE PIOCTURE PASTED ONTO THE BACKGROUND SHOUDNT COUNT EITHER UNLESS YOU MAKE THE BACKGOURND ON YOUR OWN COPMUTER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT BECAUSE THAT IS NOT FAIR EITHER IF SOMEONE ELSE MADE THE BACKGROUND AND YOU STEAL IT TO WIN A CONTEST

sorry just saw that my caps lock was on but i dont want to type all that again hahahaha

i was trynig to work on something for the contest but i didnt have enough tyme to do it all because i still cant make custom stuff at home yet so i still have to go to my friends houes and he was out on vacation for two weeks with his mom and dad so i didnt have anywhere to go to work on my figures and stuff

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 04:57:52 PM »
You know for someone who hasn't posted an entry it must be easy to come in and complain that it was a "lame contest" 

One of the things we here at the shipyards pride ourselves on is being supportive of each others works, the folks that entered tried, some may not be exactly as the rules indicated but they are an honest attempt to participate.

If you can't offer anything constructive to the discussion of the entries, don't bother posting, We don't like folks trolling for conflict.

Offline DroidDestroyer

• Cadet
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »
i know that you should take pride in your work and i think all the entires are good but i dont understand how they all can be a part of a diorama contest if the entry doesnt include a diorama

if my teacher in shcool for art class asked me to make a diorama and i gave her a figure without a diorama she would give me a C or a D or an F maybe because i didnt follow directions

i never sais the entry were bad and i said i wanted to make something but i am not allowed to do custom figures in my house

i guess i will just leave and never come back to the site because you dont sound like yuo want people to give their opinions unless they are the poppular people here at the site just like at my school if youre not popular and part of the 'it crowd' then nothing you say or do matters to anyone else so i guess i will go find another website to read stuff

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 06:23:18 PM »
Remember there is a big difference between opinion and being mean. How would you feel if someone called your creation "lame?" We try to be supportive here and come flying to the defense of our customizers, even ones that might not be as percieved strong as others.  This is not about popularity, it is about being supportive.  There will be no "favorites" or "popularity" contests ever at this place. Hence, the poll the users get to vote the winners you saw above.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:11:57 AM by Tamer »

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 02:27:44 AM »
Do you know what makes this forum special?
It is a place where where the members are extremely friendly to each other and supportive. Nobody shows an attitude.
On this forum we have what I feel are some of the most talented and gifted customizers out there. Just look at their custom threads and you will see how awesome their work is.
If they don't call anything lame here, none of us should do so either.

Now you walk in here, have not showed one single figure and lash out at people?

Show us your customs and don't hide behind "I can't work at home". Let your work speak for itself.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline DroidDestroyer

• Cadet
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »
first of all i am only 12 years ald and my parents dont let me make custom figures in teh house i am not hding behind anything just because my parents dont let me play with paints and tools doesnt mean i cant make figures when i got o my firned jefs house but i dont go there all the time so thats why ididnt show nay pics of my customs yet

second thing ididnt say the entry for the contest were lame i said it was lame to enter a diorama contest with just a figure basing my explanation on my school and if my teacher said the project for school was to build a diorama and i made a figure and bruoght it to her instead of a diorama like she asked me to make she would say what the hell is that you fail

so wbhy were people allowed to enter a diorama contest if thye didnt make a diorama and why is everyone yelling at me because i didnt say it first the guy named incom said it i just thought he said something smart and said that ia gree with him but everyone is getting mad at me when i didnt say anything just agree with incom

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 05:03:47 PM »
When you used your words "lame contest" it did indeed sound like you were saying all of our entries and this contest were bad. If you were indeed meaning that some of the entries did not follow the contest guidelines there is no arguement from me there.  Perhaps it was not enough explanation in your first post and probably a quick defense of our customizers for ours. Remember, we support customizers of all ages and will come to your defense should anyone here try to call out your customized items. 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 06:11:34 PM »
Yep, saying that a site's contest is lame probably isn't the way to score warm replies and as Tamer noted, we are a protective lot of our custom member's creations. That being said, you are right in that there were entries that didn't comply to the contest rules. As a registered member, you can take that into consideration as you vote for your choice. You have the power. Remember that a diorama doesn't have to be huge to be called or considered a diorama. I have dressed up 3"X5" wooden bases and called em dioramas, before.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »
10 Minutes left to cast your ballot,

After that the top 2 winners prize packages will be announced,

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »
And that is it,

Winner Entry #2  Prize $50.00 from ISY  and custom Driod from Wraithnine

2nd place  Entry #1   Prize, custom resin Pack from Clonehead

Feel free to disclose what was your entry and be nice ;)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2010, 05:41:16 PM »
Congrats to all!  I can't tell you all how much I regret not entering this contest, but still don't know if I would have had what it takes!  Some great entries, you all should be proud!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2010, 06:32:24 PM »
Congrats to the top two and thanks to all competitors for making this a great one.

A new contest gets revealed tomorrow. Stay tuned.........

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2010, 07:16:52 PM »
Congrats to all the winners.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2010, 07:30:44 PM »
Congrats guys and cheers to the next one!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2010, 10:47:46 PM »
Hey hey, I won Clonehead's set of casts  ;D ;D Many congrats to the winner!

Yep, I made entry #1. It depicts the capture of Ko Sai by Kal Skirata and Mereel  :)