Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Darth Vader  (Read 6433 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Vintage 2010 Darth Vader
« on: February 17, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »
I thought I might try breaking up each Vintage figure into a separate post.

Anyway...This Vader is going to have the THREE piece helmet that had actually been intended for TLC--three piece meaning that the neck piece is separate from the head.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: Vintage 2010 Darth Vader
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 03:31:21 PM »
What?  Nothing people?  No "Woooooo-hoooooooooooooo!  Three piece helmet, baby!"

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for all every little tweak to my Vader figures.   8)

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »
That's cool, But I'd like to see a vader with just the ball joined neck, No removable helmet parts. But it still neat.

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »
Man, I've got so many Vaders... My favorite is still the battle damaged force unleashed vader.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 09:06:17 AM »
I have so many Vaders, its like they gave them out at the drive thru....
Big snore....
Try some new figure that has not been made yet, not re tool some fig for like the 1000th time.
If you did not get it right the first 999 times, one more try is a total waste IMO...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:11:11 PM by dana.raye.smith »

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 10:47:03 AM »
I dig all the nuances and subtleties between all the different Vader versions.   I'm that geek that likes pointing out all the variations.  Just the other day I was like, "As you can see this Vader is distinctly different than these 37 other Vader figures.  The horizontal, as opposed to the vertical, stitching on his gloves as well as the elbow joints and unique paint job on the revealed Anakin head make him different." 

That's part of the fun in it for me.  Yeah it's a problem.   :)   

But really, you have to have a Vader figure come out regularly.  We as long time collectors sometimes forget there are new people coming into this hobby all the time.  (Quite a few leaving too.)  One could argue, Vaders should be delegated to the Legends Line.  Even so, if you were new to the hobby and wanted to pick up the Vintage line to keep carded, you'd want a Vader packaged as such.  The real problem, in my mind, is when Hasbro has the same character running concurrently in two separate lines. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 11:27:32 AM »
I just let my little girl open the old vader that his helmet paritally comes off and you see a part of Luke's face. That one was pretty cool for its time.

I don't mind to see a full superarty vader that has some new featuers. I am just jonesing for a new holographic super articulated vader where we could re enact the Veers scene where he demands a report. Wouldn't that shot look good on a vintage cardback!

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 05:55:39 PM »
I just let my little girl open the old vader that his helmet paritally comes off and you see a part of Luke's face. That one was pretty cool for its time.

I don't mind to see a full superarty vader that has some new featuers. I am just jonesing for a new holographic super articulated vader where we could re enact the Veers scene where he demands a report. Wouldn't that shot look good on a vintage cardback!

I still hold the "Luke's face Vader" in high regard.  It was a clever gimmick that makes for a unique figure. 

Holographic figures have never been my thing; but I can see their allure.  Still, I'd buy a good holographic Vader if they did him up right.  For me, I'd like such a figure to also include a smaller holo-version of him--on scale with the Veers scene you described.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 06:34:35 PM »
A good Vader would have to be taller than the rest and a good cape. A great Holographic figure would be able to light up and glow I believe.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 08:13:14 AM »
A good Vader would have to be taller than the rest and a good cape. A great Holographic figure would be able to light up and glow I believe.

Wouldn't you love to see a holo Vader like they did with the light up base with the Halo Cortana figure?

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 09:23:33 AM »
Yeah, I'm actually trying to figure out how to wire up my display cases with lights cuz I want all my holograph figures to light up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 09:44:50 AM »
I would think with electronics now that a small light up base could be created to light up holographic figures. 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 11:00:20 AM »
I have some bright battery powered LEDs that would work well for this.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 11:59:15 AM »
I have some bright battery powered LEDs that would work well for this.

I would love to see you make one!

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »
They need to definitely make a kneeling Vader Hologram and also spirit of Ob-Wan with his hood on to go with my Hoth/Tauntaun scene.