Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Wave 1  (Read 11760 times)

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
Re: Vintage 2010 Wave 1
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 07:23:30 PM »
i like them alllll  ;D except vader offcourse  >:( even though i didnt know solo had blonde eyebrows, leia had makeup, and boba fett had jangos pistol??? still the at-at commnader im getting, and hasbro chose him over veers so that when the at-at comes out ur not forced to play only with veers
May the Force be with you !

Offline ClonePrototype

• Ironside Soldier
  • Cadet
  • "Most Impressive!"
    • Whovians Create
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »
Finally, a line a can follow right from the start! Because I tend to prioritize Doctor Who figures, I never have the money for Star Wars figures. But this line is something else and I will make sure that I get these figures!

I tell you something, I don't think I'll want to open these. The packaging will be just as awesome as the figures themselves!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2010, 02:28:33 PM »
Clone prototype, welcome to the Shipyards!

Offline jedi_ryan35

• Ensign
  • "The force will be with me..always!"
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2010, 06:02:45 PM »
 Welcome C.P.  We all hope you enjoy this site and make yourself at home, pal.   ;D

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »
LOL, at first, I thought that the Luke head sculpt looked like a younger Tommy Lee Jones. Now, I don't mind it, so much.

Here are some more toyfair images, thanks to rebelscum.

Here, Leia's vest appears removable.

I thought that the removable coverings on the C3Po fig was in interesting move to make

In these shots, it appears that the ATAT commander's armor is a front and back removable piece

I also like that the goggles are a seperate piece and wonder what they look like over his eyes.

My favorites from this wave are easily the Dengar, the Cloud Car Pilot, and the ATAT commander.
Did anyone notice that the cloud city car in the picture without the helmet has no mustache ?

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »
I had not noticed the lack of mustache on the Cloud Car Pilot.  Makes me wonder if the "mustache feature" is simply painted on or if it's molded too.  Even the close-up of the non-mustached pilot doesn't seem to show for sure.

Offline ClonePrototype

• Ironside Soldier
  • Cadet
  • "Most Impressive!"
    • Whovians Create
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2010, 08:33:24 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome CloneHead and jedi_ryan35. I've heard great things about this forum and I'm glad to be a part of it!

But back to the vintage line, I only just took a look at the checklist on RebelScum. Why is there going to be a ROTS wave? As, I think, somebody else said, perhaps Hasbro will be making the figures like they may have been back in the 70's/80's. It'd be kind of cool, but I'm more interested in characters from the OT.

My personal theory is that Hasbro shall sell figures from episodes 1, 2 and 3 in their packaging we originally saw when they were released at the time. I doubt this, though, as Hasbro probably aren't willing to fish out for money to print different packaging for different waves.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:36:55 AM by ClonePrototype »

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2010, 12:55:31 PM »
hey cp welcome to the yards!!

Offline ClonePrototype

• Ironside Soldier
  • Cadet
  • "Most Impressive!"
    • Whovians Create
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2010, 03:16:34 PM »
hey cp welcome to the yards!!

Thanks very much  ;D

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »

My personal theory is that Hasbro shall sell figures from episodes 1, 2 and 3 in their packaging we originally saw when they were released at the time. I doubt this, though, as Hasbro probably aren't willing to fish out for money to print different packaging for different waves.

You'll have to wait at least 20 more years before we'd get prequal era "vintage" packaging.   :)  I'm actually of the opinion prequel era characters might be kind of cool in a "what if" vintage style.  Hasbro will definitely be getting some purchases from me of prequel characters that they would not have gotten otherwise.  Likely they believe many a middle aged OT purist will be lured in with this devious plot.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2010, 04:02:20 AM »
I think its this kind of plot that has me turned off a bit. I am not sure now I am gonna get em all.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2010, 04:37:57 PM »
I think its this kind of plot that has me turned off a bit. I am not sure now I am gonna get em all.

Yeah, at least it's a fairly obvious plot though.   :)  Personally, the build-a-droid concept seemed slightly more devious in my opinion.  I'll certainly be able to live without the vast majority of prequel characters, but like I said in a previous post, I'll likely pick a few of them up in this vintage style.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2010, 04:43:14 PM »
It's all a scheme to get people to buy stuff they already have. They are just putting out figures on "Vintage" packaging. The 4Lom and Zuckuss convention exclusives are figures that have already been released just a different paint job.  Build-A-Droid was the best thing Hasbro has done for collectors. buy a few figures get one free, basically.  All I'm saying is that a majority of this new line are all repacks, repaints, or figures with minor changes to them. Who do they think they are trying to fool?

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2010, 06:18:30 PM »
It's all a scheme to get people to buy stuff they already have. They are just putting out figures on "Vintage" packaging. The 4Lom and Zuckuss convention exclusives are figures that have already been released just a different paint job.  Build-A-Droid was the best thing Hasbro has done for collectors. buy a few figures get one free, basically.  All I'm saying is that a majority of this new line are all repacks, repaints, or figures with minor changes to them. Who do they think they are trying to fool?

Truer words have seldom been spoken.   :)  I joke about the Build-A-Droid thing being devious.  It was a good program.  All the same, I do believe it produced sales of figures that some folks would not have bought otherwise just to complete the droid.  Regardless, bottom line, for figures someone was going to buy anyway--you couldn't beat the BAD program.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2010, 07:00:22 PM »
I am not saying that the build-a-droid line didn't have it's repacks and repaints, but not as many as this new vintage line.