Author Topic: Jkno's Imperial Command Center  (Read 211585 times)

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
Re: Jkno's Imperial Command Center
« Reply #915 on: August 16, 2014, 03:51:17 AM »
A few more pics:

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #916 on: August 16, 2014, 10:10:31 AM »
This looks good on our front page.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #917 on: August 17, 2014, 12:19:24 AM »
Thanks Shawn!
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #918 on: August 17, 2014, 07:43:25 AM »
Thanks Shawn!

I would love to visit your collection one day. You never know maybe I will win the lottery. Its on my bucket list though. Maybe even more so than Rancho Obi-Wan!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #919 on: August 17, 2014, 08:23:08 AM »
You would be more than welcome to come here Shawn :) Unfortunately in Romania there are very few SW collectors and I know all of them, plus the lack of SW items and collectibles in shops, or lack of interest or understanding from most people here regarding SW collecting or even SW in general. So the loneliness in collecting is quite overwhelming.
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #920 on: August 17, 2014, 08:32:39 AM »
Well I sure can understand a bit of that Serg. I met my first local collector in how many years I have collected just this past month. Thank goodness for the internet so I have some great folks to enjoy this hobby with.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #921 on: August 17, 2014, 08:48:23 AM »
Internet helps connectivity so much. Though not Facebook LOL Just forums for me.
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #922 on: August 19, 2014, 07:57:21 AM »
The fantastic JAKKS 31" Giant Stormtrooper figure just arrived - this thing is huge. And it is a really awesome figure, especially for around $40, you need to get some space for it to be properly displayed.

For anyone getting it, if you want the helmet to be almost as shiny as the armor, I'd kindly recommend to spray paint some clear lacquer on it and will look fantastic. I just did that and the difference is astonishing. Is it perfect? No, but it is such a cool big figure, it put a big smile on my face!

I know some people collect only the most idealized props out there, and that others go for Legend items just for the rarity, and not really for the roughness and wonkiness.

But if someone loves for real the wonky and rough props, this should be one of those ugly beauties out there that shouldn't miss from any serious collector.

RS Prop Masters - Pugman - Empire Strikes Back Stunt E-11 Stormtrooper blaster

http://www.rspropmasters.com/e-11-blasters/

"Building on the lineage of our suit we are very pleased and excited to offer an exact replica of an original Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back background blaster. The blaster was obtained from a private collector, John, AKA Pugman from the Replica Prop Forum. He has supplied the master that came from his original blaster and a mould. This piece is a must form anyone wanting to complete a Stormtrooper as closely as possible to a complete screen used suit.

This piece is a replica that has not subject to a ‘cleaned up’ or any ‘correction’. In this case the blaster has numerous score marks and ‘rough edges’ that were on the original piece as it came to the owner in fantastic condition for an original prop. This piece is not a polished finished piece, it is a background blaster replica. Limited to 10"

RS Prop Masters - Pugman - ESB Stunt E-11 Stormtrooper blaster:

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #923 on: August 19, 2014, 09:19:36 AM »
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #924 on: August 20, 2014, 02:55:43 AM »
Looks good. Off to share.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #925 on: August 20, 2014, 03:01:53 AM »
Thanks Shawn. :)

As you know I'm a huge Stormie fan. The helmet is a bit too small, but so it is in 90% of other collectibles, including high end Stormtrooper figures, mini-busts or statues. You barely notice that when you have it in hand(s) IMO. My issue when I got it was related to the helmet, which was made from a different material (PVC most likely) than the body (ABS), and thus not as shiny as the body armor. So I knew I had to do something about it: I decided to add a few layers of clear lacquer to it, and what an excellent idea that was!

It is easy to do it. Just need a cloth or an old t-shirt to cover the rest of the body and tighten it at the neck, clean up the helmet a bit (not to have dust on it), then simply spray some clear/transparent lacquer over the helmet 2-3 times - I used clear car lacquer in spray can. After each spraying you need to let the lacquer cure for about 30 minutes, then spray it again until the helmet shines. The helmet itself is somewhat porous, so the lacquer adheres to it without any problem, and becomes shiny.

Of course I accurized the helmet by adding the ear stripe (wish I could redo the blue tubing stripes too - that could prove too complicated needing full helmet repaint) and repainted 3 of the ab buttons blue like in the movies. This figure is big, about 80 cm in height, but it really looks awesome. There are a few issues like the screws in the back or the blaster which is not too accurate (it has some very accurate parts but others are not), but I realize why the collectors who got the clones and Vader so far are so enthusiastic about them.

This might be a toy, but it is VERY impressive in person, and for $40 NOTHING beats it! If I knew how cool this was I would have paid double price easy. It has the presence of a statue and not of a simple figure.

IMO the Jakks Stormtrooper is FANTASTIC!
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #926 on: August 21, 2014, 11:44:03 PM »
Imperial Merr Sonn Power 5 heavy blaster new outdoor pics:

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #927 on: August 22, 2014, 02:15:44 AM »
You are always adding something cool. I really enjoyed reading about your JP fix on that Stormy.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #928 on: August 23, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »
Thanks. The giant Jakks Stormie is very neat, especially for $30-40. So if you customize it by spraying clear lacquer on its helmet to make it shiny, the figure will be even better.
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #929 on: August 29, 2014, 02:07:19 AM »
eFX Darth Vader Legend #130 joined my collection. A very cool rough helmet, and even better was the fact that I was able to compare both the Legend and the Limited Edition closely.

Wish I could take detailed comparison photos of the two, but the weather is rainy and I also decided to put the LE in its original box. This is because I don't have a place to display it, and there is a pending local buyer for it, which makes me very happy that it most likely won't leave my country.

Not too impressed about the Tsuneo Sanda print the helmet came with. But really impressed by the best offer price I was able to get the helmet with. In the end I simply couldn't pass on such a great deal, which would have been perfect even for an US customer, not to mention an international buyer where shipping, taxes, VAT etc. would make so hard to get it.

And a youtube video of the Legend Vader:

My collection
Trade Feedback