Author Topic: 3 3/4" Marvel Figures  (Read 43737 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: 3 3/4" Marvel Figures
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 05:50:09 PM »
First and foremost, let me say I'm a HUGE fan of Liefeld, and he's one of the reason I started to collect comics.  X-Force was and always will be my favorite title and team out there.  While I understand what you are saying about his art style, it is just that, his art style.  All artists have their own rendition of characters, and if you aren't a fan of Liefeld for the reasons stated, then you'd also have to hate Portacio, Texiera, and a slew of others who in their own style brought life to many characters.  And of course, that's fine!  I always thought McFarlane for instance made his characters too lean in the limbs but too bulbous in other areas.  Now, if we want to continue this discussion, which looks to be fun, let's start it in it's appropriate place.  Right now, let's get back to the discussion about these new figures...

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 08:46:42 PM »
Not true, I like all the other artists you listed, except McFarlane. Him I don't like because I've met him and he is a jerk.

As you said, back to figures.
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 04:57:59 AM »
LOL!  Okay, so when these do hit (and I'm not sure when), who will be buying these for the actual figures and who will be buying them just for customs?

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 12:15:25 PM »
For customs count me in, for anything else nope not interested, not saying they arent good figures - just not into superheroes as much as I used to be, I do like a few but its very minimal, compared to most of you.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 03:35:34 PM »
For me, the $8 price tag might turn me off.  It's better than the $10-$12 for the current Legends, but after I've already collected an entire bookcase full of Legends, it'll look odd to have these.  There are some definites, like Captain America and Ronin, but we'll have to see about the rest...

Also, I wonder about the articulation...will they be like G.I. Joe or Star Wars?

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 07:33:08 PM »
For me it depends. I'm not really into customs. I find that every time I plan on one to fill a visual gap in my collection, Hasbro usually releases it within the next year or so. I learned to just be patient.

I would most likely buy these for what they are as I am a huge Marvel fanboy but I will abstain from making a decision until I see more characters I would buy. Namely, more X-men please!
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 09:15:39 AM »
Thats the reason when I do start customising, they will be Fan Customs - not of any established character or background character, the way I see it is that they will eventually do all the characters I want, just a matter of time.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 07:27:38 PM »
I've seen some of these packaged on Toy News International, and I've gotta say, I'm looking forward to seeing these in person.  Not sure as of just yet when they are going to hit.  Does anyone else know?

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 07:45:18 PM »
pretty sure it is next year.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 06:27:15 AM »
Dang, that sucks.  I'll be honest though, their price point will probably help me decide on whether or not to keep my old Legends.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 12:39:37 PM »
I was really excited when I heard about these figures,  I've always wanted Marvel figures in this scale for customizing purposes.  I will however have to collect a few favorites like Captain America, Ironman, Nick Fury, Spider-man, X-Men.  However figures like Blade, Ronin and a few others I'll have to use for customs!
CTR.com has some pics up from NYCC, there also seems to be a vote on the top 5 of heroes you want to see made!

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »
dont know how it will affect customizing but these will actually be 4 inches tall and not 3 and 3/4

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 02:02:54 PM »
I was able to see these in hand at Meijer the other day, and bought an X-Force version Wolverine (Black and Grey duds).  It looked to be about 3 3/4" to me, but I plan to take photos for review of it, so when I open it, I'll compare them to SW for everyone.  The price was $8, but Meijer is usually higher anyway.  The detail looked nice.  It did come with a machine gun and Katana, annoyingly enough.  I forgot to look at the others and see if they came with accessories or not.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2009, 02:19:42 PM »
dont know how it will affect customizing but these will actually be 4 inches tall and not 3 and 3/4
If I remember correctly they are about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch taller then SW figures, but I usually just use the heads for customs and ditch the rest or find some other use for them. For the one I'll be collecting it's not like they are going to merge with my SW setup so it really wont matter to me that much.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2009, 02:26:05 PM »
If the detail looks that nice on these figs, I will have to check them out. I wouldn't mind picking up some of the x-men.