Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Boba Fett Mail Away  (Read 12317 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Vintage 2010 Boba Fett Mail Away
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 01:00:02 PM »
Sweet intel. Thanks.

Offline bobby-brazil

• Ensign
  • I made a few modifications my self
Re: It's official: “Rocket Firing” BOBA FETT action figure
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2010, 06:20:46 AM »
I wonder if this will have an effect on the pricing of the true authentic versions. It would be nice to see them drop down to a more affordable price range (yeah, right).

i belong to mattels site, i've been collecting old redlines for a long time now, the new releases have not affected the prices of the old ones so i doubt that these will, buyers beware though because people will try to pass these off as originals

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: It's official: “Rocket Firing” BOBA FETT action figure
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 03:23:39 PM »
I wonder if this will have an effect on the pricing of the true authentic versions. It would be nice to see them drop down to a more affordable price range (yeah, right).

i belong to mattels site, i've been collecting old redlines for a long time now, the new releases have not affected the prices of the old ones so i doubt that these will, buyers beware though because people will try to pass these off as originals

Plus, a true, original rocket firing Fett is so rare, in most collector's minds it would still be extremely desirable.  I have to think that after this is released ebay might have a few "originals" up for bid.  I've never used the boil-and-pop method on a vintage figure.  But if it worked, replacing the legs of the new Fett with those of an old might make some people believe a fake is real.  Just a word of warning for you Vintage guys out there, even if an "original rocket firing Fett" is going for a few hundred dollars, be very skeptical about biting.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 10:53:27 AM »
I was disappointed with it as a child, and am pretty sure I will still be now as an adult.... or maybe i am just older...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 06:57:11 PM by dana.raye.smith »

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »
I'll be sending away for two of thesse, I remember having one was a kid but it got lost in the many moves around the world ( my Dad was in the Navy). I never had any of the big toys as a kid, My Mum would never let me get the Jabba the hut from Jedi. She never like him, But now that I'm older I have two jabba's  ;D, I'd like to see A retooled Tauntaun Would be really neat. Aswell as a retooled Jabba. Any way I like the throw back fett, Got to have him. Thanks to Wookiepedia for the tautaun pic.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:45:10 PM by jediwolf69 »

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 05:52:05 PM »
I will try to get at least one perhaps two of these as I so hope they give us an army builder we can use.

As for the taun taun they have, in a previous q and a thread, said that we will get a taun taun pack. I need to go back through the q and a thread and see where it is as that would make a good follow up.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »
I was disappointed with it as a child, and am pretty sure I will still be now as an adult.... or maybe i am just older...

Care to elaborate?  You didn't like the original vintage (kind of an oxymoron term isn't it?) Boba Fett figure? 

Regardless, I think as an adult your expectations will be more realistic than those of a child.  If you don't expect any more than you see, or a rocket that shoots 15 feet, I think you'll be happy with it.   ;)

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
  • Time to pay up, Hutt. I don't work for free.
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2010, 05:21:33 AM »
I think it is a cool nod to the older generation collectors (no offense intended) but for those of us who started collecting long after these figures were gone it isn't much of a draw. Still I have always kind of wanted a vintage fett for my collection.

Offline ClonePrototype

• Ironside Soldier
  • Cadet
  • "Most Impressive!"
    • Whovians Create
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 10:56:06 AM »
Because I don't have time to read through 3 pages, do we know if this figure will be available in the UK? I know the mail away offer is only for US and Canada, but Nahdar Vebb was on shelves in the UK as a standard figure.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2010, 08:15:26 PM »
I think it is a cool nod to the older generation collectors (no offense intended) but for those of us who started collecting long after these figures were gone it isn't much of a draw. Still I have always kind of wanted a vintage fett for my collection.

Maybe I'm giving Hasbro too much credit, but I think what you said is actually the point.  Redemption numbers of this vintage Fett would give Hasbro a good feel for a very specific collecting demographic.  Done right, with the redemption numbers of an entirely different era figure (Nahdar Vebb), Hasbro could really narrow in on what constitutes the collecting/consumer community as a whole.

Offline ClonePrototype

• Ironside Soldier
  • Cadet
  • "Most Impressive!"
    • Whovians Create
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »
Again, will this be available in the UK as a standard figure or will I have to pay a ton on ebay?

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010, 04:29:14 PM »
Again, will this be available in the UK as a standard figure or will I have to pay a ton on ebay?

Not sure.  Most of us folks who happen to live in the U.S. tend to limit our knowledge of releases based on what we'll see.  There are a few non-U.S. based collecting sites that take part in the Hasbro Q&A.  I've noticed many of their questions tend to gear towards what will be released in their area.  You might find your answer at one of these locations--possibly in their archived Q&As or maybe even their forums

www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk  -- A neat site devoted to all things that are cool.  They cover more than Star Wars; but again, I know they participate in Q&A sessions

jedinews.co.uk  -- A great Star Was specific site based in the UK.  I know these guys have often asked questions pertaining to what will be available in the UK.

www.snowtroopers.ca  -- A Canadian based Star Wars site.  Often answers pertaining to product availability in Canada contain availability information for other countries.

mousedroid.com -- An Australian based Star Wars site.  As with the Canadian site above, answers pertaining to product availability in Australia often contain availability information for other countries.

Offline ClonePrototype

• Ironside Soldier
  • Cadet
  • "Most Impressive!"
    • Whovians Create
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2010, 02:40:05 AM »

Not sure.  Most of us folks who happen to live in the U.S. tend to limit our knowledge of releases based on what we'll see.  There are a few non-U.S. based collecting sites that take part in the Hasbro Q&A.  I've noticed many of their questions tend to gear towards what will be released in their area.  You might find your answer at one of these locations--possibly in their archived Q&As or maybe even their forums

www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk  -- A neat site devoted to all things that are cool.  They cover more than Star Wars; but again, I know they participate in Q&A sessions

jedinews.co.uk  -- A great Star Was specific site based in the UK.  I know these guys have often asked questions pertaining to what will be available in the UK.

www.snowtroopers.ca  -- A Canadian based Star Wars site.  Often answers pertaining to product availability in Canada contain availability information for other countries.

mousedroid.com -- An Australian based Star Wars site.  As with the Canadian site above, answers pertaining to product availability in Australia often contain availability information for other countries.

Thanks very much for this links! I shall check them out, for sure!

droidbait

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2010, 08:38:45 AM »
i was just looking at brians toys and this is how much they are selling the original for $13,999.99 its a rip off

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2010, 05:19:20 PM »
i was just looking at brians toys and this is how much they are selling the original for $13,999.99 its a rip off

Brian's Toys rarely has anything that remotely qualifies as "a good deal".  On many occasions I've wondered how they stay in business.  Evidently people must buy from them though.    I guess they figure (terrible pun not intended) if they sell just a couple outrageously priced items a month they're in the black for another few months.  All this being said, every once in a blue moon you can find some deals--especially if you're shopping for non-Hasbro (or non-Kenner) items.