Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Boba Fett Mail Away  (Read 12318 times)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
Re: Vintage 2010 Boba Fett Mail Away
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 07:20:53 PM »
cool man I appreciate it. I don't know what this is. It's different than the regular Boba Fett. It looks like the rocket shoots out, but with no firing mechanism. I don't know. I am still trying to figure out this new camera. I am behind in my pictures.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 07:26:01 PM »
If there is no slot cut into the back pack it is not a rocket fett,   there were 2 types a J and an L slot

pic courtesy of theSWCA

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »
Mine looks just like that, but no mechanism. On the back of his leg it says "copyright sign-C.P.G. 1979. The rocket looks like it should shoot out too.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 08:08:23 PM »
yours is the mass released Fett, still a nice fig to have in your collection. There are many "variants" all depending on country of origin and paint apps, plastic tone and so on.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 08:11:49 PM »
Nice pics on that holy grail firing rocket fett, Wayne. I have a loose mint version of the Mass produced one that Custom Cloner gave me that looks just like the new mail away, minus the firing rocket, of course.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 02:31:24 PM »
This mail away will make a fine addition to my carded wall and then another to be in my collection.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 11:12:38 PM »
isn't it awesome how back in the day the rocket firing mechanism was completely scrapped out of choking hazard fears... and yet now we have so many rocket firing doo-dads with the figures that it is insanity?!  and yet they are JUST NOW going back and re-releasing this figure.

Is it just me or has hasbro suddenly decided that fan's matter?

oh... and I'll be getting one of these for my fett collection...  I still need an original vintage one though...

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 12:12:39 AM »
Nowaday all the kid's have to worry about is if the firing rocket is made out of lead! Even Superman couldn't see it coming. You'll shoot your eye out kid. And as for Habro thinking the fans and collectors matter? I would say they do about 50%. I seen some of the pictures for the vintage collection. Alot of stuff they are trying to "slide" by us. I hope the Boba Fett redemption sticker is easily removeable from the packaging.
I know one figure I want the most this year is that Darth Maul Visionaries figure. Sucks that it will be an exclusive. I hate exclusives. I do see that it will be available on Hasbroshop.com. Guess I will have to start online shopping now.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 06:41:33 AM »
high rez

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
Re: It's official: “Rocket Firing” BOBA FETT action figure
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 06:53:00 AM »
I wonder if this will have an effect on the pricing of the true authentic versions. It would be nice to see them drop down to a more affordable price range (yeah, right).

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 09:07:46 AM »
sweet he comes with the vintage blaster too! 

Offline bobby-brazil

• Ensign
  • I made a few modifications my self
mail in bobba fett
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 07:13:31 PM »
me i'm diggin it just because i like that hasbro can but kenner couldn't shoot the missle. i don't normally go for the mail in stuff but this'll work

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 05:35:03 AM »
I think the sales of this will be over the top. I just hope they release an army builder of some sort in the vintage line so carded guys like me don't have to buy five unwanted figs to get this, let alone if I decide I want two.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 11:20:55 AM »

In this picture, the rocket looks too long to fit completely within the jetpack.  Plus, I'm thinking there are minimum size restrictions on projectiles fired from toys.  I wonder if this might be a case where TWO rockets are shipped--one that can be fired and one that simply plugs into the top to create the proper look.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »
Oops.  Maybe I should have done a little research before I posted my last post.  Anyway...here is some information from jeditemplearchives.com:

PACKAGING
The original Boba Fett mailaway was sent out in a plain white mailer box. The box itself was really only large enough to hold the figure in a plastic baggie. The new version will also ship in a plain white mailer box. But in this case it will be on a Vintage style basic figure card that ships within a significantly larger white mailer box.

ACCESSORIES
This version of Boba Fett features the same accessories as the vintage Boba Fett. It includes the same blaster that came with the Kenner Boba Fett figure. Also included is a non-firing rocketpack plug that is a reproduction of the vintage rocket. And a new accessory is a larger rocket that DOES fire from the rocketpack and also adheres to product safety standards.